1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

League 1 Members General Chat

Discussion in 'EFL League One' started by PhilJack, Mar 18, 2007.

1. RM

RM Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    He absolutely loved me and had one of the best days of his life, ignore him x

Mowgli likes this.
  2. Adz

Adz League One FOREVER.

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
    :roflmao

RM likes this.
  3. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Just read a report on our game and p*ssed myself laughing reading that Donervon Daniels who gave away the penalty when fouling Akinfenwa had to have treatment after The Beast fell on him :laugh::laugh:

Cotterill:49 likes this.
  4. NotsoPosh

NotsoPosh Common As Muck !

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    Win on Tuesday at Portman Road & the title is yours :D

Fair play to you , bet you're buzzing !
    Will Griggs for hire .

Thought you'd be at the club shop getting Benjamin Mbunga - Kimpioka on the back of your shirt ?

Win your games in hand & back in the play offs , let Parkinson have a few transfer windows to put his stamp on the team !

We played two 17 year olds today , am surprised we won , didn't go & sounded sh*t , seen the goal , another Posh worldy & another clean sheet something Bolton or Southend would have dreamed about last night.

5. SalopTillIDie

SalopTillIDie League 1 member

Supports:
    Shrewsbury
    Highlights of our game should be entertaining. Blatant penalty not given at 1-0 to us, Rovers players accused Thompson of diving and it all kicked off, Pierre head butted one of their players and nothing was given :laugh: Both managers at each other’s throats over both decisions and somehow didn’t get sent to the stands. Really really feisty game.

2-0 down and 3-1 down we did well to get back to 3-3 but for someone unknown reason we sat back after that when we should’ve had the momentum :smackhead

6. SalopTillIDie

Supports:
    Shrewsbury
    From Bristol Post

"When referee Graham Salisbury failed to point to the spot, a huge bust-up between both sets of players occurred, and set the tone for a bad-tempered, all-action game." "Coughlan accused one of the Shrewsbury players of cowardice, claiming they raised their hands to a Rovers player. He said: "I wanted to go on the pitch, one of their players lifted his hands. "The referee, whether he chose to dismiss it or didn't see it, I wanted to go on the pitch. "I don't like cowardly acts." On the hotly-debated non-penalty, Coughlan backed the referee, but said he felt Rovers were harshly done by themselves when Victor Adeboyejo had a goal ruled out." "He said: "I thought the referee called it spot on, to be honest with you. "It was simulation, the referee is an experienced lad, he's not going to fall for things like that. "On the other hand, we should have been 3-0 up because there was nothing wrong with the goal we scored. "So, 3-0, although this is us we're talking about, the game might have been done. "On a day like today, the game was never going to be done until the referee blew the final whistle. "We were disappointed the third goal didn't stand, it's an error from the linesman."

7. Thijssen

Thijssen Registered User

Supports:
    Ipswich Town
    Long way to go as yet. Blackpool were good today, definitely will be up there come the sharp end of the season.

Given our atrocious record after International breaks I’ll take a point today. Still think we’ve got every chance of seeing off Wycombe on Tuesday.

8. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Win on Tuesday and i'll be happy but i can't see it happening with 2 important players going off injured yesterday.
    I am "Buzzing" right now as i never dreamed we'd be doing so well i thought we'd be around the bottom 3 fighting to stay up but the new owners came in and have been a breath of fresh air. If we finish in the play-offs it will have been an incredible season for a small club in leafy Bucks on the edge of London. :D

9. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    I've just noticed we're 26 points above the relegation spots :banana:

10. SalopTillIDie

Supports:
    Shrewsbury
    State of refereeing in this league is an ABSOLUTE JOKE.

11. Cotterill:49

Cotterill:49 Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    Accrington 7-1 Bolton :laugh:

12. Cal_BCFC

Cal_BCFC Registered User

Supports:
    Bradford City
    Unfortunately having played for us this season he can’t play for anyone other then us and Swindon this season so it’s them or nothing :(

13. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Why were all the Bristol Rovers players chasing after the ref there ?

Did they want a booking for diving ..?

Looked like a foul but going by the reaction in the video it would have been their players and probably fans complaining..

14. SalopTillIDie

Supports:
    Shrewsbury
    I would guess yes, to be fair. Thompson had the defender on toast and got in front of him and the defender tripped his trailing leg and also had an arm on him. Good chance of scoring if he wasn’t fouled. I can see how their players thought it was a dive through Rovers tinted specs but I thought it was a blatant penalty.

As a neutral, did you think it was a penalty?

15. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Looks like it tbh .

16. Caer

Caer Registered User

Supports:
    Sunderland
    Coventry's performance reminded me of some of ours last season, go 1-0 up early on and despite looking the better side didn't really create much against a much poorer side for it to come back and haunt them late on.

I was counting up the minutes since we last had a shot on target and McGeady's rather tame freekick in the 2nd half was nearing the 180 minute mark. I'd hope this would be the beginning of perhaps Kimpioka starting ahead of Grigg although I don't think Kimpioka is the answer to our striker problems either.

What Benji is though is a wild card, someone that the opposition or his teammates or the crowd or even himself rarely know what he is going to do when he gets the ball.

Anyway we're awful and have Burton tomorrow.

17. grampus8myhamster

grampus8myhamster Official Sky Sports Source

Supports:
    Bigfoot
    Damn Southend are sooo so bad

18. Adz

Adz League One FOREVER.

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
    I agree about Kimpioka. I’ve always thought he was shite (I know he’s only 19) and wasn’t ready for first team football and I still don’t think he is.

I hate to say it, but I can’t wait for Charlie Wyke to get back fit :laugh:

19. NotsoPosh

NotsoPosh Common As Muck !

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    Play him enough & he could be the new/next Maja !

We started with two 17 year old academy players on Saturday & take out ( Beevers & Boyd when fit ) the youngest squad I can remember .

£££ signs for the chairman if any do well , rather make money than Championship football let's hope January nobody goes !!!

20. JoshBCFC

JoshBCFC Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol City FC
    How come O'Leary didnt play mate?