1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

League One Transfers Thread

Discussion in 'EFL League One' started by Dan Phillips, May 28, 2015.

1. Adz

Adz Pizza Champions 2021.

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
    Was going to come on here & tag you for your opinion actually.

I know there’s no salary cap in the National League, and a few clubs will likely have more cash than L2 and some L1 sides but surely it can’t all be financial? No whispers on your end what it could be?

2. White Hind

White Hind Registered User

Supports:
    Bolton Wanderers, Gimnastic de Tarragona, NY Giants
    Well, officially, Stockport made contact, offered him a long contract and more than he’s on with us, and he fancied it (I believe he lives that way) so it happened.
    Unofficially there’s been all sorts of rumours flying round about bust ups etc after the Plymouth debacle last Tuesday.

Whatever, he’s gone now. Sorry he’s gone, he was a good captain and chipped in with some important goals, he will be remembered as an integral member of last year’s squad that turned the season round. That said we move on, just wish it hadn’t happened in the middle of an injury/ suspension crisis.

3. Thijssen

Thijssen Registered User

Supports:
    Ipswich Town
    Holy has gone to Cambridge on an emergency keeper loan. Makes sense for him as third choice to get some games, local(ish) too. Hope he does well for them, I think he’s actually better than our second choice Hladky.

Habbinalan likes this.
  4. Habbinalan

Habbinalan Registered User

Supports:
    Cambridge United, with nostalgic connections to Barrow AFC
    Well that's put a spring in my step. Just need to hear that Adam May's red card has been overturned (unlikely) and we'll be going into tonight's match at the Keepmoat with renewed optimism. His games will be at Doncaster, the Abbey and Morecambe. KLM will probably play the Trophy game at Satange and we'll hope to have Dimi back from the concussion protocol for the trips to the Cobblers (FA Cup) and MK.

Digby and O'Neil will be missed and our CBs still risk being exposed again but at least there's a solid experienced keeper behind them and it's only lowly Doncaster Rovers :hiding

God knows what our midfield and bench will look like but I'm already looking forward to the Meat'n'Tattie Pie with Yorkshire Caviar.

Thijssen likes this.
  5. Suffolk Punch

Suffolk Punch Be careful what you wish for

Supports:
    Ipswich Town
    I'd have rather kept Holy than Hladky as well. Maybe Cambridge refused Hladky after his performance at the Abbey a couple of weeks back.

6. Habbinalan

Supports:
    He played his part in getting a well deserved point. A reassuring presence with a couple of decent stops and plucked crosses from the air like picking apples. Lots of new faces in new positions so he fitted in fine.

He made the effort to connect with travelling fans and, in the final knockings, his counterpart in the Donny goal and a crossbar were all that stood between him and a winning debut

Suffolk Punch likes this.
  7. DonnyOsmond

DonnyOsmond I. R. BABOON

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers
    Really that chance at the end was your only chance in the whole game. The ball was with us in your half passing it sideways for 90% of the game. Frustrated we didn't challenge Holy enough, we could have won that easily with the amount of the ball we had.

8. Habbinalan

Supports:
    Apart from 25% of the passing being in your own half, that probably sums up the game once we'd gone ahead. Most of our 9 efforts were in the first half and if that double chance had gone in we'd have ridden our luck but it was nearer to a second goal than you managed with all that possession.