1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

League Two chat

Discussion in 'EFL League Two' started by The Rev Skyblue, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Yes at last thanks to the trust who took over running the club,what really helped was the sale of Jordon Ibe from Liverpool to Bournemouth as our sell on clause earned us nearly £3,000,000 :banana: :bananadance

2. The Rev Skyblue

The Rev Skyblue Registered User

Supports:
    Coventry City
    I say well done to the trust for getting you straight financially, you certainly are the envy of many clubs throughout the leagues.
    Our debt is wholly owed to SISU so there is no likelihood of us going bankrupt anytime soon, but they have this hold over the club which will be hard to break. They want back most of the reputed 6o million they have supposedly invested in us, but all of that was so mismanaged that why should a new buyer pay for their catastrophic mistakes.
    You just need to keep developing the jewel like Jordan Ibe and sell him on then invest a percentage of that into the playing squad. It may be hard for you to go higher than the League One on this sort of policy, but a good league one club is still a success, though teams like Burton, Rotherham and even Bournemouth have broken this rule and reached great heights.
    Wish you well

3. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Cheers mate,our biggest problem is that having to make drastic cuts to survive the first thing to go was the academy that produced the like of Ibe,Matt Phillips and Kortney Hause i really hope we can afford to start it up again the the near future finance allowing of course. I know we'll always be a League 1 and 2 club but i'm happy with that after nearly losing our place in The Football League 4 years ago on the last day of the season because Bristol Rovers f*cked up and went down on a goal difference of 3 instead of us :laugh: so i enjoy what i have right now,it made it even better as i live among Rovers fans oh what joy that day was :drink: :laugh:

The Rev Skyblue likes this.
  4. Norfolk Mariner

Norfolk Mariner Registered User

Supports:
    Grimsby Town
    Stan Bowles and cliftonmagpie like this.
  5. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
  6. Norfolk Mariner

Supports:
    Grimsby Town
    Only away fans as far as I am aware. BBC Look North has this evening reported that one woman alleged a steward actually placed hands underneath her top to feel her bra. To my understanding of the law, that would constitute an indecent assault.

I have submitted my own formal complaints about how I was treated personally both by the stewards and an individual police officer but, given the nature of the statement below that was issued just a short time ago, I frankly have no confidence that they will be dealt with properly.

Grimsby Stewarding Response

7. cliftonmagpie

cliftonmagpie Registered User

Supports:
    Notts County
    Depends on who is doing the searching on the Bra bit, if the searcher asks "do you consent to a search"and they are the same sex then they are covered by Law.....Still sounds well over the top for a normal league two game.

8. Norfolk Mariner

Supports:
    Grimsby Town
    I think it would be fair to say that the Mariners' Trust does not share that view and nor does the Football Supporters Federation. The person in the FSF who I have been in contact with since all this happened told me she was "outraged" by the content of the Stevenage statement and options for further action were being considered. Moreover, the content of that statement has been contradicted by both Town as a club and our supporters liaison officer, who has made it very clear that she was not told the extent of the search operation that was intended. The correspondence that has been published backs her version of events rather than Stevenage's and I believe they are trying to smear my club in order to deflect attention from their own disgraceful conduct.

In any event, what we endured at the weekend was wholly disproportionate to any perceived threat and only served to treat law-abiding citizens as would-be criminals. There is no other walk of life in our society where treating people in such a way would be deemed acceptable and I am not prepared to spend my time and money being treated in such a degrading manner. There is also a broader, and potentially even more disturbing, issue relating to police intelligence, given that it appears the security operation was influenced by police reports of a recent fixture which are themselves being challenged because they are believed to be inaccurate.

9. Camphil

Camphil Registered User

Supports:
    Cambridge united
    Luke berry last years top scorer has put in a Transfer request !!

Two years ago he cleared off to Barnsley to make his fortune but it didn't work out so we had him back !

THIS time he should F..K OFF & No amount of K..b sucking should we have him back.

Rant over.

10. cliftonmagpie

cliftonmagpie Registered User

Supports:
    Notts County
    Can't say what i do, but I can say if consent is given then a search can be conducted by a qualified searcher....What i will say is i'm 100% positive that by the sounds of things it was totally disproportionate considering it was just a league two fixture,,,,Hammer and nut comes to mind.

11. DeeHatter

DeeHatter Registered User

Supports:
    Luton Town
    Big rumours he's coming to us, but I've no idea if that's true.

12. DeeHatter

DeeHatter Registered User

Supports:
    Luton Town
    Errr, it obviously is....

13. The Rev Skyblue

Supports:
    Coventry City
    God I feel depressed, consecutive losses to Newport and now Yeovil.
    We need to buck up our ideas, and a major rethink on tactics are needed

14. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Gave away a 2-0 lead early in the 2nd half but then Grimsby had a defender sent off and The Beast Scored the winner :banana: Incrediblely Grimsby have played 5 games this season including The League Cup and have had a man sent off in every game which must be some kind of record. :eeek

15. cumberland SHD

cumberland SHD Registered User

Supports:
    Carlisle United
    I have been unwell of late so sorry for not being on here
    A spell in hospital with high sugar levels bloody sick of it, but on the mend now
    This forum is ghostly

16. The Rev Skyblue

Supports:
    Coventry City
    Hope you start to feel better soon SHD. I think we are down to the hardcore few on here now.
    We must keep it going though, we just need a few new faces and it will soon be back to what it was. I know a lot of us are on another forum but I still like to come on here

17. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Good to know you're still alive you mohicaned old numpty :cheers: It's my 57th birthday and i'm a fooking mess after drinking 5 pints of Wilkins cider so if i abuse anyone on here please understand that i won't give a f*ck. :drunk12 :cheers: :drink:A large cider brandy is waiting to be drunk and then bed :laugh: See you all on Thursday as tomorrow for me won't exist. :bye

18. Warton2009

Warton2009 Div 2 Champions 2016

Supports:
    Northampton Town, Barcelona ( I lived in Spain 8 years)
    Quick question for Cheltenham fans ........How long will you put up with that useless lump of lard Gary Johnson? He did the same to us and he will just bury his head in the sand until its to late. He clearly has lost the dressing room yet again.

19. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    The funniest thing i saw this weekend was The Beast all 18 stone of him collect the ball and sprint as fast as he could towards the goal which set up Luke O'Nien for our third goal it was hilarious as i didn't know he could do that :laugh::laugh:

cumberland SHD likes this.
  20. cumberland SHD

cumberland SHD Registered User

Supports:
    Carlisle United
    Footballs answer to American Footballs 'the refrigerator'