1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leeds v Derby - Friday Night

Discussion in 'Championship' started by Rank 1, Jan 9, 2019.

1. mapperleyred

mapperleyred Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    What a shocker from Leeds keeper.

Hope he's not banned though :laugh:

Trojii likes this.
  2. footballfan3024

footballfan3024 Registered User

Supports:
    Arsenal
    I spy with my little eye..

3. Copacetic

Copacetic Registered User

Supports:
    Leeds United
    The way Sky are going on about this spygate thing is ****ing ludicrous. The oh so noble English game- yeah right.

4. Mani

Mani ¡Leeds Carajo!

Supports:
    Leeds United
    On way back from the match. Just heard that Keith Andrews is really upset about spy gate.

:laugh:

F*ck off Keith. You’re called Keith :laugh:

YRA likes this.
  5. mapperleyred

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Perfectly acceptable behaviour mate.

Well done.

6. Copacetic

Supports:
    Leeds United
    We can debate the ethics of it. If the guy is literally just standing outside a training ground there's nothing wrong with it at all. If he breaks in and thereby commits a criminal act then it's obviously worthy of punishment.

But the idea that this is some special stain on the high and mighty British sense of morality is a farce. We have literally had in very recent memory an English manager of the England national team get fired for corruption.

7. lufctommo

lufctommo Registered User

Supports:
    Leeds United
    Egg and my face are truly in alignment. We were fantastic. We made it look like the easiest win of the season.

The spygate thing seems a bit silly. What would they charge us with? Standing on public land? Any man and his dog would be allowed to walk up to the fence and watch. Every team has hours and hours of video tapes, Bielsa has been known to give opposing teams tapes when they don’t have the. The idea of us having someone 200 yards away outside the taining ground in a bush is laughable but there’s no rules against it.

8. Mani

Mani ¡Leeds Carajo!

Supports:
    Leeds United
    upload_2019-1-11_22-54-55.gif upload_2019-1-11_22-54-55.gif

YRA likes this.
  9. Copacetic

Supports:
    Leeds United
    The only dodgy thing about it is that the guy was allegedly in possession of pliers which suggests some intention to break in although I understand he didn't actually use them. The overreaction is absolutely epic though. It's only going to galvanise us.

10. Muller

Muller Fun Bobby

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Derby should invest in better security tbh.

11. JP.LUFC

JP.LUFC Registered User

Supports:
    Leeds United
    Not what is suggested by the Derbyshire police. The police searched him and found nothing untoward. Complete storm in a teacup.

As for the game I think Leeds dominated, Forshaw was a different player to the one we saw at Forest.

No idea what the linesman saw when he flagged for offside in the first minute.

Big test away at Stoke next week. Nice to have the pressure off watching tomorrow's results come in though.

12. Mani

Mani ¡Leeds Carajo!

Supports:
    Leeds United
    Keith Andrews

6F36118C-8D33-463B-80A8-BD9A0710D4B4.jpeg FA254352-6D54-46AE-8885-76F2844F25E6.jpeg

58649979-13BC-4D64-8405-96DDC3AA1860.jpeg

1D46FC7B-E720-491A-B567-B8E6F8CD09DE.jpeg

13. mapperleyred

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Your manager actually sent someone to spy on Derby.

A day before the game.

Its ****ing classic :laugh:

14. g7paf

g7paf Registered User

Supports:
    Leeds United
    i bet every club in the championship had someone at the game tonight to watch both teams

15. Copacetic

Supports:
    Leeds United
    They sent 11 players to watch us train.

JP.LUFC likes this.
  16. Rank 1

Rank 1 Registered User

Supports:
    Leeds United
    The hysteria over this has been ****ing incredible, English football doesn't half fancy itself as moral arbiters of the game. Never mind all the corruption, sexism, diving, cheating, FFP breaking, tax evasion, money laundering etc that goes on, Leeds sent a guy to look through the fence on a public road to see if Harry Wilson was training or not. Give me a ****ing break :laugh:

This is a Derby County that got a game called off for 'dangerous weather' last season because they had a load or injuries :laugh:

Mani likes this.
  17. YRA

YRA Registered User

Supports:
    Leeds United
    The outrage this has caused is comical

Mani likes this.
  18. Old codger

Old codger Registered User

Supports:
    Leeds United
    From a Derby forum

Apart from their keeper. He was so dirty I thought he was... one of us actually.

High team pressing still in the 85th minute when 2-0 up. Remember when we had intense pressing?

In trouble, surrounded by Derby players? Well here comes 3 teammates grafting like hell to give you an option

Cooper, a CB, hits a pass. He’s not admired it. He’s sprinted a few yards to support the pass. Wait! They’re all doing it!!! Infact their CB’s are better than our midfield.

Loose ball rolling out of play? Nah, it’s the Mick McCarthy style battle for every throw. Don’t give anything up. Right from start to finish.

Kemar Roofe. I bet he sleeps at night. Selfless. His work for his team is something else. Even by Leeds current standards.

Just an all round display of incredible hard work and more importantly the simplest ingredient of playing for your teammate. Those players looked like they would sprint on broken legs to support the next man.

They were basically everything we were headed towards but we’ve really got a bit lost. We’re carrying a few individuals. A few bottle jobs. The pressing has gone and there’s team spirit... but not on that level. We however were dirty Derby. They should have had penalties and some of the crunching tackles were less commitment to the team and more pure frustration. I’m not saying we’ve got none of the qualities Leeds have. But we haven’t got enough. And you saw from the way Jannson, Alioski, Clarke and Co did shine that individuals do get their moments when the simple stuff opens up.

I kind of enjoyed Leeds tonight. Their players reactions, the tackles they put up with. I thought they were spot on. Feels wrong but well done to them.

JoshBCFC likes this.
  19. JoshBCFC

JoshBCFC Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol City FC
    That pretty much sums it up for me. If derby strengthen well in the summer they could well be up there next season but they're simply not quite good enough for the automatics this year.

Play-offs? Maybe, but I don't think their defence is good enough.

20. mapperleyred

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    I agree entirely about the over the top moral outrage.

But its just such a classless thing to do.

And having done it, no a hint of embarrassment from those involved or the fans.

No doubt they'll be a witty little song about it and Leeds will bask in these scummy notoriety :laugh:

Well done on beating the sheep last night though.