1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leon Knight

Discussion in 'General British Football' started by Super_horns, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
  2. njmcfc1894

njmcfc1894 Registered User

Supports:
    manchester city
    Id rather men commented on Mens and women on womens football, all seems a bit forced to me.

Mowgli likes this.
  3. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Channel 5 had a female commentator on their cricket highlights of the recent test series against India and she was dreadful and her interviews were embarrassingly inane.

4. mapperleyred

mapperleyred Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Much prefer the women, tbf.

5. Quirkafleeg

Quirkafleeg SHERPA VAN STILL GLEAMING...
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Leon Knight is a gobshite **** as well as a failed footballer.

6. Andrew

Andrew Broken leg stuff

Supports:
    Brighton
    So, therefore, no woman should be able to commentate on cricket, because one wasn't very good?

7. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    As othere have said let men commentate on mens sport and women on womens. I remember when MOTD first tried a female commentator a couple of years ago but was dropped as there were so many complaints about her high voice when she got excited it was painful on the ears.
    As for the channel 5 highlights i had to turn the volume off it was that bad,if it's not broke don't try and fix it especially for pc crap. If channel 5 had womens cricket i would expect a female commentator but i wouldn't watch it like i don't watch womens football,rugby or boxing.

8. Andrew

Andrew Broken leg stuff

Supports:
    Brighton
    Why? :laugh:

9. DonnyOsmond

DonnyOsmond I. R. BABOON

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers
    Why does it matter if a commentator/pundit has a penis or a vagina? There's some shocking pundits from both genders. I'd rather a woman who knows her stuff was the pundit than Michael Owen.

Super_horns likes this.
  10. Donnyrovers90

Donnyrovers90 Registered User

Supports:
    Doncaster/ Sporting
    I can see why people get annoyed if said female commentator is shocking, but that's no reason for all women to not commentate on the men's games. Really doesn't make a difference to me, if they know what they're talking about they can be whatever gender they like

11. Tigerferry

Tigerferry Hull City is our name

Supports:
    Hull City
    Just the classic sexist bullshit the proper hard men that follow football complain about.

If you hear a female commentator and the first thing you think is "a woman?!" or "why is a woman commentating on our game?" then no matter how knowledgeable or passionate she may be will change that.

12. Fo Shizzle

Fo Shizzle Rising...

Supports:
    Albania and Nottingham Forest
    I'm not against female commentators per se. But it does annoy me that clearly the tv companies have been told they have to have at least one as now there's a few about...normally the same faces too. There's Enni Aluko and Alex Scott who seem to get on everything. Isa Guha does the cricket too. Is it pure coincidence also that they are from ethnic minority groups?

It seems to me like the tv companies see it as a chance to kill two birds with one stone and fill two quotas. I do agree that many of the male former players pundits need a lot if camera work but they at least have experience of playing at the top level they are talking about. The top of the mens game and the top if the women's game are so far apart they might as well be different sports.

13. Steve - Wfc

Steve - Wfc Registered User

Supports:
    Watford
    It does seem so forced at the moment. At any given opportunity they are looking to get female pundits, just for the sake of them being female. If they were good, I would not have a problem with it but most of the ones who have tried punditry out so far aren't.

Im sure there will be female pundits in the future who are very good and they'll get my support. But im not going to refrain from calling someone a shit pundit because they're female. I'll treat them just how I'd treat a male pundit. Its a shame though because as soon as you criticise a female pundit you're accused of being sexist, even if your point stands about being a shit pundit.

P.S. Leon Knight is a bellend who is obviously just trying to be relevant.

Mowgli likes this.