1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

licence shocks

Discussion in 'Welsh Football' started by islandranger, Apr 6, 2018.

1. islandranger

islandranger Registered User

Supports:
    Bangor, Holyhead, Llangefni
    what does this say about the league two of the Welsh Cup semi finalists , Connahs Quay and Bangor fail their licence criteria, so one is likely to end up with a European place and not be able to play it, shambolic doesn't come close.
    Southern tier two winners Llanelli also fail which is a lifeline for Carmarthen.
    Caernarfon looking certain for promotion so one good thing for the league at least

2. islandranger

Supports:
    Clubs are going to appeal I suppose and at least Nomads are ‘confident’ of getting their licence
    It would be an embarrassment to the league to lose them and Bangor
    I don’t pretend to understand the criteria or rules, but I can’t recall being allowed to appeal about my failures in the past, and not sure why the decision isn’t just that a final decision come back next time please
    If that were the case then I am sure these two clubs would have made sure all was correct first time

3. islandranger

Supports:
    A bit of a battering for Bangor who didn't look interested and perhaps already seeing themselves relegated for what? Financial misconduct again?
    interesting to see the Shirt Sponsors son giving it large in the changing room after the game or is he the stadium owner too?
    Interesting setup at Nantporth these days.
    Looked a poor crowd at Rhyl as well, lots of empty seats and not much noise, I didn't expect anyone from Nomads to be there but Bangor fans normally turn out in force.

4. islandranger

Supports:
    This licence thing is a bit odd, I have read the so called rules and the appeal can only be on the grounds of the licensing body making a mistake as there is no allowance for a club to put anything right with the ground and facilities and no opportunity to submit any more paperwork to support the licence application
    Based on this any appeal looks a waste of time or am I missing something that someone in the know could point out