1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Liverpool v Leicester

Discussion in 'Premier League Match Threads' started by Jimmy Skitz, Nov 11, 2020.

1. MrE

MrE kevin lasagna

Supports:
    He plays with an intelligence beyond his years already. Looks capable as the more advanced, and sitting a bit as he did at times today to support the right back area.

Personally always loved how he likes to get on the ball. Never shy's away from the game.

King_Kenny likes this.
  2. Richard

Richard Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    We're never going to beat a Liverpool team who are bang on it.
    As long as it doesn't derail our season again its fine.

Gloria Lestafan likes this.
  3. JimJams

JimJams Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    We’re still gonna win the fvcking league fella!

Gloria Lestafan likes this.
  4. Leivapool

Leivapool Arrogantly inferior.

Supports:
    Liverpool
    64 games unbeaten now at Anfield. This team is so good even with so many of the first team out.

5. Enchantress

Enchantress Registered User

Supports:
    Spurs
    Well, that third goal made all the difference didn't it? For me an own goal cannot be put down to the form of the team who has it scored for it. For me it's an opposition assist and nothing to do with my team and when it comes to measuring form an own goal has to be ignored so without the amazing piece of luck of an own goal Liverpool at 2-0 could only really claim a 1-0 from their own efforts. Same for any team, not just Liverpool so please don't think I'm singling out The Reds..................I'm not.

Now, 1-0 at home against Leicester? Not bad but with the second goal going in it makes it a very creditable 2-0 from own efforts and Liverpool will now stay in the top two positions thanks entirely to the third goal. I don't think Leicester will last the pace. Well done Reds, you put Leicester in their place.

6. Richard

Richard Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    Wtf are you on about. It was 3-0.

7. Jimmy Skitz

Jimmy Skitz Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester City
    either, Liverpool don't play like City, they will go long and they pass with more pace so you cannot just stand off or they will break you down
    I don't think they were bang on it we simply didn't challenge them, if you let them play they will look bang on it against any team that does that, this was a game where we needed to be aggressive in our defence not passive

8. Richard

Richard Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    Sometimes teams stop you playing. That happened today.

9. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Yeah, not just a great staring XI, we now have a fantastic squad. So many players out yet still performing to that level, I know Leicester had a few out, but they couldn't have complained if that game finished 5-0.

Fully fit, this is the best squad in the league imo. Better than Citys now.

SALTIRE likes this.
  10. Gloria Lestafan

Gloria Lestafan I have a mandolin...

Supports:
    Leicester City
    Exactly.

Games like this happen, where you're outplayed by better players. The real test is how we react from this. The players should forget this game and move on. The thumping vs Liverpool on Boxing Day last season we never recovered from and completely collapsed. Just make sure it's not a repeat of that.

I think having an easy fixture in the Europa League on Thursday should do us some good to build confidence again and put this game to bed. Kind of think the extra games in Europe can work in your favour like this sometimes giving you no time to dwell on bad defeats.

Richard likes this.
  11. JimJams

JimJams Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    We’ve got Fulham, Sheff Utd and Brighton in our next 3, be back top after that...

12. Jimmy Skitz

Supports:
    Leicester City
    we stopped ourselves with our set up, our only tactic was play it in behind but we were doing it from the edge of our own box so it was next to impossible we simply didn't have the options in positions to do anything else and that was down to the tactical set up, he needs to pick and choose when to use this formation because it doesn't work against certain teams.

I knew its what we would do today but it wasn't what we should have done to counter Liverpool

13. Muller

Muller I like using gifs

Supports:
    European Champions Liverpool Football Club & Joel Matip
    I think we just won the midfield battle so you couldn't really launch counter attacks to Vardy & Barnes think you missed Castagne a lot today too Robbo had way too much room for us and punished you for it.

14. kloppbeliever

kloppbeliever Registered User

Supports:
    liverpool
    It's amazing that Milner basically gave up trying to put any pace on the ball and Leicester couldn't cope there.

Every corner he took was right to first man and he floats 2 over at the end and Leicester fail to deal with either!

15. Pagnell

Pagnell MISERABLE C**T

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Funny you should say that, I think exactly the same about Spurs.

16. JimJams

JimJams Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    You can see from the way Robertson gets the space for the cross on the Jota goal how big an effect having someone who’s not a defender in a wingback position effected us, but it think it’s more on the front foot that the problem is with our options there. I like JJ, but him n Albrighton, despite the latter being a winger just aren’t anywhere near the threat that Ricardo and Castagne are, and I think playing wingbacks against a side like Liverpool, you need that attacking quality which we lacked.

Muller likes this.
  17. Jimmy Skitz

Supports:
    Leicester City
    first game this season we have missed Wilf in CM for me today

18. Jimmy Skitz

Supports:
    Leicester City
    Given what they had on their right wing Thomas should have started there with JJ swapping, Albrighton is alright to bring on and run out the clock but nothing more

19. SALTIRE

SALTIRE Fear is the mind-killer

Supports:
    The end of this year
    Great performance all things considered. All the injuries and the lads just rolled their sleeves up and got on with it. Jota has been one hell of a buy, even before his goal, he was harrying down lost causes, linking up beautifully and causing chaos. If Mane had his shooting boots on, the game would have been out of sight earlier, but even when things aren't quite happening for him, he is still brilliant. Thought Robbo was outstanding too, and the midfield didn't let Leicester feed the ball into Vardy at all really.

Excellent win that. Right in the mix with players to come back. Only negative was Keita's injury again. Its just not going to happen for him is it...

20. Richard

Richard Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    Yeh I think if you had reason to fear our full backs Robertson may not have played so far forward.
    Still, we were well beaten and we move on and **** you x.

JimJams and Muller like this.