1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Liverpool v Leicester

Discussion in 'Premier League Match Threads' started by Jimmy Skitz, Nov 11, 2020.

1. kloppbeliever

kloppbeliever Registered User

Supports:
    liverpool
    So spurs and lfc on 20 after 9 games, the only thing separating us are 7 goals. Wonder where that came from :whistle

Chelsea and Leicester on 18

City on 12, the game in hand is the only thing making it look not a disaster.

All in all its shaping up to be a good one if the crowds can get back in.

2. JimJams

JimJams Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    This game, as well as the formation itself illustrates just how much we need more goal scorers in the side though. We have one player that you can rely on in front of goal. Barnes is still progressing but really needs to work on his finishing, and hopefully Under can provide some but Rodgers needs to start him more to find out if he can do it for us, especially as January is upon us soon enough. Liverpool today has one of Europe’s finest forwards in Mané and it wasn’t happening for him today, but when you have other players putting it away, and can do so on the regular (I’m talking Jota and Salah, Firmglutes can do one :P) then when a goalscorer is misfiring it doesn’t matter. If Vardy is misfiring or simply being shut out of the game like today, we have nobody you’d have real confidence in. We need that to step up.

Gloria Lestafan and Richard like this.
  3. Richard

Richard Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    Barnes needs composure. He misses some key chances at some key moments. Hoping maturity brings the composure. Though if he adds prolific goalscoring he probably moves to a bigger club.

4. JimJams

JimJams Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    And move away from Countesthorpe chippy? Behave...

Richard likes this.
  5. DeadlyDemon

DeadlyDemon Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Good to see you keeping pace with us.

After 24 hours on top I thought we might run away with it.

Muller and julian like this.
  6. Kirby

Kirby We count the votes

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    Blimey.

Who was the last away team to win there in the league?

Richard and DeadlyDemon like this.
  7. JimJams

JimJams Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    Liverpool.

*you editing bastard!

#347 JimJams, Nov 22, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    Kirby likes this.
  8. Jimmy Skitz

Jimmy Skitz Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester City
    pfft I bet its not a patch of Atlantis on Uppingham Road

9. Jimmy Skitz

Supports:
    Leicester City
    Castagne had "a reaction" in his hamstring so wasn't risked and won't play against Braga on Thursday either

10. buzzbee

buzzbee Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    Many have said Liverpool won't defend their title and only now do the bookies seem to be making them favourites, but I just can't see past them for the title!

Their defeat against Villa was one of those freak games. City are expected to be their closest rivals again. They drew away to City and could have been out of sight after 20 minutes. Chelsea are looking strong, but despite Lampard saying after the game, "Well, if that hadn't happened and this hadn't happened and they hadn't scored this and we had scored that, we'd have got a 1-1 draw", the reality is that they were dominated for 90 minutes. Many have praised Arteta for the way Arsenal are going, but they were played off the park by Liverpool and now, with 5 first choice players missing (6 if you count Thiago), they have completely dismantled a VERY good Leicester team!

I've seen him play a few times in the UEFA Youth league, where he was head and shoulders above the rest. I've been a little disappointed with him in the senior team. He's done some real good things, but still looked a little timid at time. Tonight, especially in the first half, he was IMHO the best player on the park and looked to have really developed some confidence. As well as what he done on the ball, I was watching him off the ball. As well as plenty of good movement, always wanting the ball, he was forever shouting at other players, pointing to where they needed to be. He clearly now feels like he belongs and tonight, he looked like the player I've seen in the youth team, but doing it at a higher level. If tonight is anything to go by, I think he will now go on to be a Liverpool great!

As for Leicester - Mentally, they will just write the game off. Players don't get too down when the lose to a top side. They know they're a good side and I have no doubt they will bounce back. I still think they will make it into Europe and maybe the Champions League

Muller, Butch and SALTIRE like this.
  11. JimJams

JimJams Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    With the 3 fixtures we have in the league and the Europa league almost a sure thing, we might as well give the injured lads as long as humanly possible before they’re brought in. Fulham next, and they’re shit, so we can play a back 4, Thomas, Justin, the tea lady, kitman and that feral cat that shits on the pitch during the week can go in goal.

12. kloppbeliever

kloppbeliever Registered User

Supports:
    liverpool
    yeah a lot of people lose the run of themselves when they hit the top spot early.

I would tag certain bitter people but I really should rise above.

DeadlyDemon likes this.
  13. Enchantress

Enchantress Registered User

Supports:
    Spurs
    For goodness sake Richard, read what I put.

14. Enchantress

Enchantress Registered User

Supports:
    Spurs
    You're entitled.

15. Jimmy Skitz

Supports:
    Leicester City
    weren't you killed at the end of Suicide Squad?

16. JimJams

JimJams Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    Don’t we fxxking know it, eh Enchantress!
    Knawhatameanlike?

17. Leivapool

Leivapool Arrogantly inferior.

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Sky didn't show the interesting bit of Klopp's interview

18. Gloria Lestafan

Gloria Lestafan I have a mandolin...

Supports:
    Leicester City
    I've heard Leicester fans say this a lot, but I have to admit, I'm not necessarily convinced by this anymore. I've been hearing it for 2 years that Barnes just needs more confidence or composure and I'm not convinced it's a mental anything anymore so much as a technical thing.

I just think he's a poor finisher technically. He often tries to pass the ball into the net when he needs to lash it and he often just hits it in a straight line, straight at the keeper rather than getting his foot round it to get it past the keeper.

I think he needs to train and sort out his actual technique of how he strikes the ball rather than his composure in front of goal.

Barnes is such a weird player though. We've been watching him for 2 years now and I'm still a bit non-plussed as to how good he actually is. I cannot remember another Leicester player who I've watched for so long where I have no idea what the actual mean level of his performances is, because he varies so wildly not only from game to game but from minute to minute within a game - not only in terms of his performances - but in terms of which of the actual attributes of his game are great and which are crap. It's like he'll do one amazing thing, one ok thing and one crap thing within a 2 minute period of play, then 5 minutes later he'll do the same 3 things, one crap thing, one ok thing and one amazing thing again but the order of which he did them will have completely changed.

The fact he gets into so many good positions is definitely a really good trait to have though and in fact he's absolutely brilliant at that. Other than Vardy and Mahrez, I can't remember another Leicester player who gets into so many one-on-ones or has so many gilt-edged opportunities, his movement and athleticism definitely have something about them, even if his finishing ability and final touch are so frustrating.

There's definitely something about him that tells me he could be a star though, but there's equally something about him that tells me he could one of those players who peaks when their young and raw and have nothing to fear and then drop off a cliff as early as their mid-20s.

I can't tell whether he's a youngster playing without fear who doesn't really have the technical ability to push on or he's a player with all the technical ability who always plays with no confidence and plays with too much fear and he can really push on if he finds that.

Richard likes this.
  19. JimJams

JimJams Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    They showed all of it then?

20. JimJams

JimJams Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    I agree, he has no bollocks.

He’s got to go down the Sterling route. Get himself into positions it’d be harder to miss from!