1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Liverpool v Leicester

Discussion in 'Premier League Match Threads' started by Jimmy Skitz, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Jimmy Skitz

Jimmy Skitz Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester City
    said for a long time we should get Kevin Phillips back to do some finishing coaching

2. Enchantress

Enchantress Registered User

Supports:
    Spurs
    Yes.

3. Enchantress

Enchantress Registered User

Supports:
    Spurs
    No need to degenerate this Jimmy. An own goal is your opposition team's assist, whilst it goes onto your score you cannot claim the credit for it............right?

4. Redpelt

Redpelt Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Comprehensive victory ,superb game management from the gaffer and Milner was absolutely superb and just edges out Robertson as man of the match. Delighted to see Firmino seal proceedings with a magnificent header ,but the mans technical ability should never be doubted. Completely gutted over another possible lengthy period out of the team for Naby. I'm going to spend the next few days finding superlatives to use for Diogo Jota as his instinct to find the target is as honed as a f*cking guided missile .

Some strange substitutions by Rodgers though ? The only player in a Leicester shirt that looked capable of causing our back four problems was Barnes,he was possibly the one solitary component of that Leicester team that looked like getting in behind our defence with his direct play and pace.

Leicesters midfield were closed down superbly by Keita and Gini and denied any space to pick a pass or even afforded the relative comfort of having the time to put their foot on the ball in that first half. Leicesters more technically gifted players looked rattled by our pressing through the middle,so what does Rodgers do ? He removes Barnes and replaces him with Praet, a player who needs even more time on the ball to impose his game on the opposition. I for one emitted a quite audible sigh of relief when Barnes was withdrawn ,he might not have been having his best game but for the manager to completely blunt what looked like his most effective sword was f*cking madness.

King_Kenny and Muller like this.
  5. Redpelt

Redpelt Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool

MrE likes this.
  6. Muller

Muller I like using gifs

Supports:
    European Champions Liverpool Football Club & Joel Matip

Only 19 gonna be some player and he's scouse

MrE, kloppbeliever and King_Kenny like this.
  7. SALTIRE

SALTIRE Fear is the mind-killer

Supports:
    The end of this year
    Yes. Really finding his feet now, and is going to be a great option going forward over the years.

8. damo79

damo79 Registered User

Supports:
    liverpool
    so how did u want him to set up ?
    u won away at city and arsenal playing that way , not like ur set up to just sit there , u have players to hit on the break when u get the ball ??
    do u think u get more results trying to press these teams that are capable of playing around the press ?
    and as for brendan not getting a job at a top 6 club cos of being too defensive I think his biggest problem at Liverpool was that he didn't know how to set them up to defend

9. jonesy_29

jonesy_29 JonesyBoy1991

Supports:
    England
    Can’t give Liverpool a goal head start and expect to get something from the game at Anfield. Ridiculous handicap. Sheffield United would of beat Leicester the way they played today. Absolutely pathetic. Hopefully Brighton give more of a test

10. SALTIRE

SALTIRE Fear is the mind-killer

Supports:
    The end of this year
  11. kloppbeliever

kloppbeliever Registered User

Supports:
    liverpool
    my view is that timeslot is for Asia. they don't wat the teams not in Europe. if west ham.v sheff utd was on and not chelsea last Saturday then nobody would watch.

why? they are from asia and don't care.

simple.

as much as I'd like to agree that even if only the team playing Tuesday at worst could be picked for that timeslot I cant see it. klopp is right, sky have the pick of the games then bt get to grab and they will grab anything that's left.

12. Stevencc

Stevencc Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    This rant makes Solskjaer's seem like a minor grievance but I like his passion and generally agree with what he is saying.

13. MrE

MrE kevin lasagna

Supports:
    He's right, tbf.

I was opposed to 5 subs but looking at it now and especially considering how silly the schedule is and it has to change.

Redpelt likes this.
  14. Kirby

Kirby We count the votes

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    At no point should rules be changed mid-season. We've already had enough of that shit with the handball rule.

I see Klopp's moaning about the five sub thing yet again 'cos he's got a few injuries. You can't just change the rules because you've had a bit of bad luck. He's starting to sound like prime Donald Trump.

I think we had 11 first team squad players out at once a couple of seasons ago. Get over it, it happens to everyone.

Chrysalis likes this.
  15. Pagnell

Pagnell MISERABLE C**T

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Did you even watch what he said, or make a presumption and then post a comment based upon it?

16. StillHurts31

StillHurts31 Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Great result in the circumstances, this squads mental strength can’t be underrated.

17. DeadlyDemon

DeadlyDemon Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Whilst Klopp isn't wrong in his opinion, Shreeves is also right in it not solely being dependent on broadcasters. I think Klopp needs to understand Liverpool don't share his morals, nor do Manchester City share Pep's, Spurs Jose's and so on.

When given the option of throwing the club world cup or the league cup last season, Liverpool went to Qatar. They don't care about player welfare because if they had they'd have sent the kids during the middle of a season and at the busiest point in the schedule.

Whether Klopp is wrong or right, Premier League clubs are as much to blame for the shitty kick off times and greed in the game. How many times has Klopp attacked his own club publicly for the inconveniences in the schedule?

Perhaps Sky / BT should give Klopp and Pep what they want. They can arrange their own kick off times throughout December but for the entire month they won't show any Liverpool or City games. Both clubs can be a month short on revenue and consequently then have to have a quiet January transfer window.

I imagine in that same interview Klopp was asked about Jota's impressive start to his Liverpool career. Where'd that money come from this summer?

Klopp,,Pep, Jose, Ole can moan all they like but they're at four of the greediest football clubs in Europe.
    Stop moaning, do your job or have the integrity to call out your own club for the role they play.

@kloppbeliever made the point it's an Asian market, Spurs have spent the last five years reaping the rewards of an Asian superstar. They've no right to moan.

18. Kirby

Kirby We count the votes

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    The former.

Moan, moan, moan :zzz

19. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    WTF? Yeah he's moaning about us that much his rant goes on about Pique and Saka now picking up injuries, his rant is about TV scheduling and too many games being played by everyone, not us...he's spot on

20. Kirby

Kirby We count the votes

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    He still casually slips in the five sub thing though. Disgusting really.