1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Liverpool vs Manchester City

Discussion in 'Premier League Match Threads' started by Muller, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Sandsy

Sandsy Formerly known as manojob

Supports:
    Hyde United, Manchester City, Swatcats
    No stick from me chief. I completely agree. Whenever he plays I know at key moments he is going to try to get glory for himself rather than do something simple like pass to a teammate in space.

The Doc likes this.
  2. mattledud

mattledud Band

Supports:
    Manchester City
    Bruno wasn't playing, lad.

Muller likes this.
  3. Muller

Muller I like using gifs

Supports:
    European Champions Liverpool Football Club & Joel Matip
    Of course not it's a big game.

4. Pagnell

Pagnell MISERABLE C**T

Supports:
    FSG F**KING OFF
    "It's a yellow card. It's a yellow card. It's clear," Guardiola told Sky Sports.

"But it's Anfield, it's Old Trafford. In our situation a City player is sent off. It's clear. It was a second yellow."

Poor City. They never get wrong decisions go their way. It must be true. Pep says so.

Was the wrong decision, everyone but the referee could see it. But come on. Shit like that happens, including for City.

5. Muller

Muller I like using gifs

Supports:
    If he stopped speaking after the first sentence I'd agree with him.

Do find it hard to have any sympathy when they employ Fernandinho who is forever escaping a second yellow card (or a first most of the time)

#245 Muller, Oct 3, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  6. GrantCFC

GrantCFC Born is the King

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Should of added Ethiad. Walker should’ve been off against Saints.

7. njmcfc1894

njmcfc1894 Registered User

Supports:
    manchester city
    Why

8. Muller

Muller I like using gifs

Supports:
    Guard of honour. Petty I know but you lot still bang on about the bus so swings and roundabouts.

9. MrLeeLemon

MrLeeLemon 50+1

Supports:
    +1
    High praise.

All I'd say on Foden is that little escapade with the Gazza haircut during the Euros was pretty questionable... clearly a brilliant, potentially world class player there but maybe has a few bad eggs in his camp imo. Has to stay grounded, and once Pep goes he will lose a manager that keeps him grounded.

10. Redpelt

Redpelt Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Lets get the bad bits out of the way first ,in the first half I wasnt sure what I was watching and I don't think any reds fan inside the ground would have claimed they did. Listless ,lethargic and hopeless on the ball ,no one prepared to cover Milner who for some reason decided to take it on himself to play central midfield leaving a gap the size of Shamina Begums gash on our right flank.

Fabinho who is usually class in that holding role was completely at odds with either making a tackle or catching forty f*cking winks. Henderson looked like he'd been on the nest all night and just come straight out the house with out even washing his sticky face and Jones just didn't suit sitting back so deep and came across as a stroppy youth forced to endure detention.

In all honesty I don't think I've seen a worse 45 mins from Liverpool in the last three seasons and in that ridiculously inept 45 City should have buried us,in fact I doubt they will ever have a better chance to humiliate to that extent against Liverpool again!

The second half Liverpool looked like a team capable of holding a competitive football match again and I celebrated Manes goal with a sense of relief and renewed hope ,but when Foden was allowed the freedom of our flank and 'not for the first time' I wondered if anything the manager had said about what was wrong with the first 45 had really registered.

Then like the sudden realization you're holding the winning lottery ticket in your sweaty palms ,Salah provides one of those moments that make you remember why you put up with the lows in this beautiful old yard with a glorious individual goal that made me fall 'once again' madly in love with the game. So its hard to take that such a wondrous goal didn't turn out to be the winner and as it then happens City hit the equalizer courtesy of Matip deciding to perform a Morris dance in front of goal at the precise moment De'Bruyne strikes the ball and it deflects of our own budding Gene Kelly past the diving Alisson ,who I believe had it covered.

Funniest moment of the game was Pips histrionics on the touchline at the failure of the officials not giving Milner a second yellow ,he will look back on those moments and think what an absolute cock I looked bouncing around like that and when he goes home to the wife tonight she will probably just look at him and tut and say "Sit down Pip and I'll make you a Horlicks ,my little feisty manager" Then she will laugh her tits off on the phone with all the other wags and they will all concur he's a knobhead and all arrange to meet at at the Spa to discuss further.....Probably ?

wongers, Zydus and King_Kenny like this.
  11. MrLeeLemon

MrLeeLemon 50+1

Supports:
    +1
    I enjoy @Redpelt's post game posts, but I also like full stops.

12. Muller

Muller I like using gifs

Supports:
    I appreciate the enthusiasm from him but I'd sooner read the yellow pages tbh.

MrLeeLemon likes this.
  13. Dugout-Demon

Dugout-Demon Aww-You-Beauty

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Milner was smart there, didn't go at the player or the ball, just put up a fence for someone to fall over.

14. njmcfc1894

njmcfc1894 Registered User

Supports:
    manchester city
    He was thirsty, motm for me , when he's on it then so are we , that run in 1st half for Foden chance wow

15. mattledud

mattledud Band

Supports:
    Manchester City
    What a strange take that is :laugh:

njmcfc1894 and PorkchopExpress like this.
  16. StretfordEnd

StretfordEnd Fools can be kings
    Staff Member

Supports:
    20 Times Champions
    So basically he's saying that when the little clubs like city go to the big clubs like liverpool and United they don't get the rub of the green, no surprise, the little clubs have complained about this since the 60s.

:whistle

17. The Doc

The Doc Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    ConcernedCompleteConch-size_restricted.gif

StretfordEnd likes this.
  18. Stevencc

Stevencc Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Pep's got a point in terms of poor refereeing - Liverpool got lucky to escape with a point due to certain refereeing decisions, but it's not down to some weird anti-City conspiracy and he knows that.

A low quality version of Fergie's mind games in what he knows will be a tight season.

19. Leivapool

Leivapool Arrogantly inferior.

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Mohamed Salah is just plain brilliant.

20. Stevencc

Stevencc Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    That almost sounds like an insult.

Not staggering brilliance, just plain brilliance.