1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Luton v Forest

Discussion in 'Championship' started by ForestRob, Oct 26, 2020.

1. ForestRob

ForestRob Formerly roberth1117

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    0-0 I reckon. good start to the season for Luton whilst we’re still finding our feet, but look more solid that the start under Lamouchi.

2. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    The more I look at this fixture, the more of a bitch it appears.
    Luton have started well under Jones and we are clearly still going through the change. After all of my crying for 4-4-2, I just hope CH reverts back to the 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 formation that worked at Blackburn and improved us in the 2nd half against Derby. Arter and Yates as the 2 and then Ameobi, Freeman and Knockaert as the 3 with Taylor up top is my preferred option for this one.

Would be nice to get something to keep the unbeaten run going whilst we adapt to the new squad/manager but I have a sneaky feeling Luton might sneak this one - and that is all the sneaking I can do in one post :D

3. BelizeHatter

BelizeHatter Registered User

Supports:
    Luton Town
    Ill take that. Forest clearly gonna improve with the players and Hughton and should always be challenging at the top end. So maybe a decent time to play them.

Quality throughout tho, so as with every game, we will have to be in tip top mental shape. Like the direction we're heading and feel on our day we can match most and it could be a good game.

4. RedDogChris

RedDogChris Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    I'm feeling really pessimistic about this game myself as well for some reason. Luton look solid we still seem abit toothless I can see a 1-0 loss.

5. Maple Triangle

Maple Triangle Registered User

Supports:
    Luton
    I tipped Forest to go up via the play offs, mostly because most of last season they were a decent side but the disastrous end to last season seems to have continued into this one. The lack of any winning momentum seems to be the problem for Forest and their confidence has suffered as a result. We on the other hand have good momentum thanks to a extraordinary end to the season. This has continued and you can see the team is playing with confidence. A home win looks on the cards but Forest have made a managerial change and in Chris Houghton an experienced manager who will turns things around. Here's hoping though that this change will take a couple of more games. It looks as if both Collins and Cornick will return tomorrow rested and raring to go. Bring it on!

6. Trent Mist

Trent Mist Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Half time, 1 - 0 Luton.

After that, **** knows.

ForestRob likes this.
  7. ForestRob

ForestRob Formerly roberth1117

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    We are still crap - think the only clubs with more depressing post-lockdown football than us must be Southend and Bolton. Grim stuff.

8. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    We press well, we look good on the ball, we create **** all, we concede a ****ing shit goal, and then the EFL officials get a hard on at the prospect of handing a red card out. Probably do us a favour not having to worry about that useless **** being on the pitch anyway - it beggars belief that a professional footballer can't manage to keep a first touch within touching distance of his body.

Hughton might as well start focusing on the next game as can't see us getting anything out of this one now :laugh:

9. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Forest hate you too

Supports:
    Forest
    Who's this slickback linesman tubby **** that's given them a corner that never was to score from and got our player sent off?

10. BelizeHatter

Supports:
    Luton Town
    Forest worked really hard. Taylor, Lolly and Knockaert been excellent. Stopped us playing it about. We should have used and found space better, but have to give credit to Forest workrate and they could have nicked the win.

11. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    That's why I'm just a saddo on a football forum and not a football manager ;) :laugh:

The lads dug really deep second half and not only managed to keep up that hard working press but also kept moving the ball round really well and got a deserved goal. Shame we couldn't go on and nick it but at a goal and a man down at half time, you have to take a draw.

Just hope we can a) stop conceding shit goals and going behind in games and b) start to turn some of this positive play into goals and soon as well. An unbeaten run is always good but it's not great if it is littered with draws.

Onwards and upwards...…..as we seem to say every week :D

12. RedDogChris

RedDogChris Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Abit better than I expected in the end, a draw at a tough place after going down 1-0 already with 10 men is not to be sniffed at. We are obviously developing some backbone and grit under Hughton, its good to see. Hopefully we can start taking off with some better all round performances soon.

13. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Same ref who didn't send off Lloyd Kelly at the weekend when even the Bournemouth manager admitted he was lucky.

14. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    Our lad actually got to the ball first and his foot seemed to then ride up over the ball as opposed to it being directly over the top. I would hope we appeal it, especially considering their lad got just a booking for a similar lunge in the second half.

That said Ioannou has seemed to get worse with each appearance since we signed him and considering we have a perfectly good left back in Ribeiro (who had a fairly strong season last season), a suspension might lead Hughton to our much better LB who has been left out in the cold for some reason. Could be a blessing in disguise

#14 Tomohawk, Oct 28, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  15. BelizeHatter

Supports:
    Luton Town
    The problem was his touch was awful and the ball got away from him and so he lunged in overstretched and studs first. They dont like that these days.

Harsh for us old buggers, but an insta red these days no question. Almost zero chance that gets rescinded, even tho ball first and no intent, other than to atone for a mistake. The one you say was the same from us wasnt studs up. Not close to the same thing. More of a shin clash. Foul. Yellow. Puke in yr mouth a little in case ref decides to even it up. Move on.

Good point you earned, well played. Id say you maybe get beat without the red? But its all hypothesis.