1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Man City vs Burnley

Discussion in 'Premier League Match Threads' started by njmcfc1894, Oct 12, 2021.

1. njmcfc1894

njmcfc1894 Registered User

Supports:
    manchester city
    Another 3pm thankfully, no Ederson or Jesus due to stupid kick off time for Brazil, Burnley are due a result against us so let's get into em straight away

Stefan
    Walker Stones Dias Cancelo
    Rodri
    Mahrez KDB Silva Foden
    Torres

2. miss_lfc

miss_lfc Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Don’t you guys usually thump Burnley 5-0? I wouldn’t be surprised at a 5-0 here either.

Super_horns likes this.
  3. RedDogChris

RedDogChris Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Last three seasons or something similar at the Etihad. Dyche always bends over, it must be a bald pals act or something, I don't see it changing this weekend.
    My prediction:

Man City 5 Burnley 0

Sent from my 6025H_EEA using Tapatalk

4. njmcfc1894

njmcfc1894 Registered User

Supports:
    manchester city
    2 0 sloppy but job done

5. mattledud

mattledud Band

Supports:
    Manchester City
    Yep, was far from a classic, but the result was the most importnat thing. Wasn’t Mahrez’s day and Sterling put in the sort of performance that show why he’s not an automatic pick any more - been generally rubbish for 2 years now. If someone puts in an half decent bid in January, I wouldn’t be too bothered to see him go.

6. MrLeeLemon

MrLeeLemon 50+1

Supports:
    +1
    Lol at Michah Richards saying Sterling should just get his head down and not worry about not playing.

This is what happens when you just pad your squad with a silly amount of top talent.

It isn't normal. A senior player like Sterling is beyond "getting his head down". He should be valued, and if he isn't then he leaves.

7. A Gooner

A Gooner Registered User

Supports:
    Arsenal
    I think it's lunacy really but that's Pep. You could be instrumental for him one year and on the bench the next. It's what he does.

I'm still holding out hope Sterling can join Arsenal in the future. A lot of things will need to happen for that to happen though.

8. RedDogChris

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    You can't afford him so you will have to let it go, he will be one of Newcastle's opening 'project' signings imo

Sent from my 6025H_EEA using Tapatalk

9. A Gooner

A Gooner Registered User

Supports:
    Arsenal
    He’ll have one year left on his deal next summer. He’ll be very affordable.

10. Sandsy

Sandsy Formerly known as manojob

Supports:
    Hyde United, Manchester City, Swatcats
    If he isn't consistently putting in top performances then why should he be valued? You can't rest on what you were doing 2 years ago.

11. JimJams

JimJams Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    His wage demands will only increase.

12. RedDogChris

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Indeed he doesn't fit Edu's profile apart from being British

13. mattledud

mattledud Band

Supports:
    Manchester City
    Of course he should "get his head down", no-one is guaranteed their place in the team and rightly so. He's been largely rubbish for 2 years now, if he were in the form of the previous couple of years, then his place in the team wouldn't be in doubt.

14. RedDogChris

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Sterling is far from untouchable especially for a team like City,I think A Gooner must be a relation or something because he seems to have abit of an obsession with him :laugh::laugh:

15. MrLeeLemon

MrLeeLemon 50+1

Supports:
    +1
    I just found Richards' comments a bit patronising considering what Sterling has achieved at City. He is the only player left in that squad who has managed 20 league goals in a season? (Sorry if I am wrong on that)

I think he is undervalued by the manager, and the club. The Ronaldo transfer episode showed that.

16. A Gooner

A Gooner Registered User

Supports:
    Arsenal
    I think it just shows the difference between Pep and Klopp. It's not a case of right or wrong. Just an observation of Guardiola's man management style.

Mane and Firmino have been largely meh for the last 12 months but Klopp is persisting with them because he knows what they have done with him. Pep on the other hand is ruthless and will drop anyone not performing. I think that style will put some players' noses out of place. Leroy Sane left because of it imo, Laporte and Stones constantly get swapped season on season and now Sterling is going through it.

Everyone reacts differently.

City's business probably doesn't help either. Sterling knows he had a meh season last year (yet was still their second highest league scorer), goes and has a fantastic Euros, England's best player by far. Opportunity to use it as a kick on for the season and his club goes out and spends £100m on a player he was keeping on the bench......that must have had a negative effect.

I think he's a fantastic player. One who probably needs new scenery.

65 goals and 29 assists over the last four years in the league alone. It's not to be scoffed at. I don't think there's too many players in the league right now that guarantees you 20+ G+A over the course of a league season.

And I think he'd be a great signing on and off the pitch at Arsenal.

#16 A Gooner, Oct 17, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  17. mattledud

mattledud Band

Supports:
    Manchester City
    How is he undervalued? He’s played over 250 games for Pep.

The thing with Pep is that you’ll stay in the team if you deserve to. Sterling simply doesn’t deserve it on his performances (for City) over the past 2 years.

I don’t really understand why this is in question, and the fact that Sterling is talking about leaving shows a bit of a lack of character imo to stick it out and prove that he deserves to be in the team. If he can get back his peak level then his place in the team would not be in doubt.