1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manager hub: kaboose & Poet Gooner

Discussion in 'Football Draft Forum' started by Joga bonito, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Joga bonito

Joga bonito "play beautifully"
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Liverpool, Bristol City
    Squad

kaboose - Lionel Messi, Aymeric Laporte, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Téji Savanier, Kerem Demirbay, Sébastien Haller, Ángel Di María, Willi Orban, Fabian Schar, Kevin Volland, Kenny Lala, Tomáš Vaclík

Poet Gooner - Virgin Van Dijk, Nicolas Pepe, Jordi Alba, Sergej Milinković-Savić, Iago Aspas, Pablo Sarabia, Hirving Lozano, Youcef Atal, Allan, Raphael Varane, Jordan Pickford, Saul Niguez

This is your manager hub.

Please discuss your squad, tactics and confirm your starting XI in here.

2. Joga bonito

Joga bonito "play beautifully"
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Liverpool, Bristol City
  3. kaboose

kaboose Klopp is the beat.

Supports:
    Liverpool
    We are going to have the best right side in the whole world with our players lol

4. kaboose

Supports:
    Liverpool
    LWF
    Angel Di Maria
    Hirving Lozano

FW
    Iago Aspas
    Sebastian Hollar
    Kevin Volland

RWF
    Lionel Messi
    Nicolas Pepe

CM
    Teji Savanier
    Sergej Milinkovic
    Kerem Demirbay
    Pablo Sarabia
    Kenny Lala
    Allan
    Saul Niguez

LB
    Jordi Alba
    Jose Holebas

CB
    Virgil Van Dijk
    Aymeric LaPorte
    Raphael Varane
    Willi Orban
    Fabian Schar

RB
    Trent Alexander-Arnold

GK
    Jordan Pickford

5. Poet Gooner

Poet Gooner Whomever I draft will be underrated

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Atal is a RB as well.

Did you seriously not pick a GK? That makes it tough on us as we have to use all the players at least once, so we'll need to somehow compromise our outfield lineup twice, rather than the GK department, which no one cares.

6. kaboose

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Defensive Midfielder Teji Savanier
    Box to Box Sergej Milinkovic
    Regista Kerem Demirbay
    Regista Pablo Sarabia
    Defensive Midfielder Kenny Lala
    Box to Box Allan
    Box to Box Saul Niguez

My opinion on the best positions for our midfielders, if we play 433, I'm up for suggestions though. Also Lala can play RB but played better at CM this year.

7. kaboose

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I have full confidence that we can ride Pickford straight to 3rd place, just like England.

8. kaboose

Supports:
    Liverpool
    As long as we keep Messi and Van Dijk in we are going to be fine.

9. Poet Gooner

Supports:
    Arsenal
    I think Allan is more of an anchorman/playmaker. He replaced Jorginho in the lineup. It's a pretty stacked position. Teji Savanier is arguably our 3rd best player, as he's been ranked 2 best player in Ligue 1 this year behind only Mbappe, which is quite a feat for a DM.

I agree. They're essentially the two best player in the world this season, so they should just play every match.

Pepe is among one of our best players, so the best solution might be Messi as the no.10. and Pepe on the right. Messi has been operating functionally as a no.10 for Barcelona anyway. When playing 4231, Holebas can do a decent job for us as he's a more defensive leftback. Once/If we shift to 433, Alba can step in as he was probably the 2nd best left-back in the world last year, and easily the best attacking one.

Per this link:

'As he has shifted from a right-sided forward to a pure central playmaker, Messi has had to work in tighter spaces, often deeper on the pitch.'

[​IMG]

10. kaboose

Supports:
    Liverpool
  11. Poet Gooner

Supports:
    Arsenal
    My initial idea for our first game
    GK: Tomáš Vaclík
    LB: Jordi Alba
    RB: Kenny Lala
    CB: Raphael Varane
    CB: Fabian Schar
    CM: Allan
    CM: Pablo Sarabia
    AM: Lionel Messi
    LW: Angel Di Maria
    RW: Nicolas Pepe
    ST: Kevin Volland

12. Poet Gooner

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Alternatively:
    GK: Tomáš Vaclík
    CB: Virgil Van Dijk
    CM: Teji Savanier
    LW: Angel Di Maria
    RW: Lionel Messi
    ST: Kevin Volland

13. Poet Gooner

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Actually, if we go 343, maybe Sarabia is better than Savanier since we we need to replace Pepe's goals and assists. Sarabia has 12 goals and 13 assists (joint most assists with Messi in La Liga) so that's probably a better balance to the team.

14. Poet Gooner

Supports:
    Arsenal
    If you're not going to talk to me, I'm going to go with the 343 with Sarabia :finger

15. kaboose

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I like this idea. Sorry, had a busy day yesterday! Save Teji for now.

16. Steve - Wfc

Steve - Wfc Registered User

Supports:
    Watford
    How ****ing dare you

17. kaboose

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Sorry, mate. I was told I needed a keeper and had to replace my last pick :(

Steve - Wfc likes this.
  18. Poet Gooner

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Right, I'll do the formation pic and write up then.

19. Poet Gooner

Supports:
    Arsenal
  20. Poet Gooner

Supports:
    Arsenal
    @Joga bonito

A simple balanced 343 that maximize our players quality. A back-3 anchored by VVD gives us a very solid defensive foundation. All 3 CBs are good with the ball at their feet, so there's no problem building out from the back.

Two of the most productive wingbacks of last season provides the width. A CM pairing of an enforcer and a ball-carrier, both with the passing ability to get the ball to the front 3.

An offense built around Messi. When he gets the ball, he has two players with pace up front with him, to take advantage of his playmaking. We know he combines very well with marauding wingbacks, which both Alba and Lala are. He's also going to be very well fed as the team is filled with players with high assist-ability.

GK: Tomáš Vaclík - The only non-forward player to win a La Liga Player of the Month and Czech Footballer of the Year.

CB: Virgil Van Dijk
    - To some, the best player in the world, this season. At worst, he's a comfortable 2nd best player of this season. One of our two permanent starters. The leader of our defense.

- According to whoscored.com, the highest-rated Newcastle player this season, thanks partly to boasting the joint 2nd most amount of interceptions/game in the EPL this past season. He's going to feel right at home, since Benitez' Newcastle plays with a back-3 anyway.

- A bit of an off-year for him, but due to his sheer quality, a lower-level Varane remains one of the top CBs in the world. There's a reason Zidane has issued a hands-off on him, amidst transfer rumours to make him the most expensive defender in the world.

- The best LB in the world for most of last season, until he was overtaken by some random Scotsman. Still, with his unmatched offensive prowess, recording more assists than any defender in the La Liga, again, Alba is easily one of the top 2-3 LBs in the world last year.

- By far the most productive defender in Ligue 1 last year with 5 goals and 9 assists (most assists among all defenders) and also more key passes than any defender. Not just an offensive weapon, whoscored.com rates his 'tackling' 'concentration' and 'defensive contribution' as STRONG.

- The reason Napoli has not skipped a beat, and continues their title challenge, after losing Jorginho is because he was replaced by the even more well-rounded Allan. Not only does he operates as a deep playmaker but he also leads Napoli in tackling (joint 2nd highest in Serie A at 3.2) and is 3rd in interceptions. No surprises that whoscored.com rates both his passing and 'defensive contribution' as VERY STRONG.

CM: Pablo Sarabia - The most productive central midfielder in La Liga last year with 12 goals and 13 assists (joint most with Messi). Whoscored.com rates him as the 2nd best player at Sevilla and 14th best in La Liga last year.

LW: Angel Di Maria - With Neymar falling to injury, Angel Di Maria replaced him and had a season that would see him nominated for Ligue 1 Player of the Year. With 12 goals and 11 assists, whoscored.com rated him the 4th best player in Ligue 1 last season. Unsurprisingly, he was voted into Ligue 1 Team of the Season.

RW: Lionel Messi - What is there to say? The best player in the world, by a country mile in my mind. One of our two permanent players.

ST: Kevin Volland - According to whoscored.com, the best player for Leverkusen last year. His all-round arsenal saw him register both the 2nd most goals and 2nd most assists in his team.

#20 Poet Gooner, Jun 13, 2019 at 7:05 PM
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 7:47 PM
    kaboose likes this.