1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Manchester United v Chelsea

Discussion in 'Premier League Match Threads' started by Dan, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Skippy

Skippy saquen las caguamas

Supports:
    Manchester United
    what a boring game. I'm pleased with how tight our defence was though. Chelsea's defence was equally as tight so I'm not too worried about our lack of scoring chances, Rooney played really well too. I think bringing Giggs on over Kagawa was a mistake. And bringing Young on too. I got no issue with Young, I think he's great, but Zaha or Nani deserved a run out over Young considering he's been injured for so long. He didn't play too bad though. I think Zaha would have added that little bit extra flair that we needed though. Same with Kagawa, Giggs was just boring and slow.

Happy with a draw but I would have preferred a win, obviously.

2. Tsatalia

Tsatalia Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    See, that isn't legal here in the USA, not to say it doesn't happen, but it isn't considered nice to shoot your own players. The other team's players is a little different story.:laugh:

You are correct though, Torres isn't half the player he was at Pool.

3. oldboy45

oldboy45 Registered User

Supports:
    Toronto FC
    That's ninety minutes of my life wasted that I can't get back. If this is the best the EPL has on offer I might as well watch MLS!
    Feel sorry for NBC if this is what they hoped to make money from.

4. King_Kenny

King_Kenny JUSTICE FOR THE 97!

Supports:
    Liverpool
  5. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat Moysies Red & White Army

Supports:
    Man United
    Good lord that's cringey.

6. Jarv

Jarv Angry Pirate

I don't even know where to start with how bad that photoshop-fail is

7. ItsInTheBlood

Supports:
    Chelsea
    See with Torres it would be the nice thing to do, although I'm pretty sure a lot of other teams would try and stop it happening...

8. Tsatalia

Tsatalia Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    I understand it is like putting down an old dog that can't hunt anymore.:laugh: It is perfectly acceptable with dogs and cats. Why shouldn't it be the same with old football players. Makes perfect sense to me!:laugh:

Being merciful to old scousers by putting them down. I am all for it.:roflmao

9. PSM

PSM Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    80 plus games for united since their last goalless game, quite an achievement.

10. The Doc

The Doc Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Lol. Very good chief.

Ouch, like yesterdays game that is terrible.

Davey Moyes smashing records day by day.

#230 The Doc, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2013
  11. tottivillarossi

tottivillarossi ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Supports:
    Manchester United
    I'm saying Kagawa is one of the best attacking talents in the league.

12. miss_lfc

miss_lfc Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Boring game. I understand this early in the season neither manager wanted to lose but i cannot see Jose tactics altering too much over the course of the season. Chelsea were boring for the most part under him last time and it seems that pattern is to continue, which is a shame with the attacking talent he has available.

Rooney was the best player on the pitch by far ... its a shame that there is so much uncertainty over his future.

Have to say that each time i've seen Cleverley i don't rate him, not Utd standard imo.

13. Dan

Dan Registered User

Supports:
    Chelsea FC
    Wtf, can't believe I just read about someone wishing to put Torres down! Even if they were kidding about it, still not even funny.

14. ItsInTheBlood

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Oh come on Dan I was only joking about it. Torres may not be the same player he was a few years ago but his contribution to the Chelsea team, however few and far between, have been important. I can appreciate that he's played an important part in both of our European cup wins, and of course I'd never actually want to see him come to any harm. I'm ever hopeful that he will turn his Chelsea career around and become the threat to other teams defence which we always thought he would be when he arrived, but I guess with each game I watch him participate in I get just that little bit more cynical and bitter. Apologies if you thought I actually meant anything malicious by it...

15. A Gooner

A Gooner Registered User

Supports:
    Arsenal
    A-HEM!

2 teams with well over £100 million pumped into them to play for the draw. :no:

16. auld koppite

auld koppite New Member

Supports:
    Liverpool F C
    I know I'm invisible on this forum but I just have to say the following on last nights game.

It was probably the most boring game for the past 3 seasons (not since Stoke v Sunderland on the Monday night game afew seasons back). Both teams packed with "talent" & completely bereft of any ideas & playing to instructions to kill the game.
    Hands up all those who missed Mourinho's tactical genius at killing the game for a 0-0 draw or a cheeky breakaway 1-0 win? Chelsea to win the league with a record number of 1-0 wins? So much natural talent in one team stifled by a managers ego & fear.
    As for United the same old same old rubish that somehow managed to win them the league last season. Apart from a resurected Rooney & a trying RVP the rest of the team exposed themselves as mostly second rate tryers or could-have-beens struggling to impress a manager who's only claim to to the job was that he was most subservient to the previous manager.

Tell you what the Arsenal at 14-1 looks a good bet on what was no show last night, mind you us at 20-1 could be even better? Glad I recorded it as I will be able to use it for those long sleeples nights/days when I come off shifts & find it impossible to sleep.

17. Crespo

Crespo Registered User

Supports:
    Bournemouth
    Mata not getting on the field was ridiculous such a disappointment considering how sublime he is

Game was bland 0-0 was a fair result but still would have preferred much more open game, oh and some better passing for example to their own players - the amount that were misplaced was insane considering the two sides

18. King_Kenny

King_Kenny JUSTICE FOR THE 97!

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Mata needs to get away from Chelsea full stop, its scandalous he's not a certain starter in a game like that. They'll destroy him like they seem to have destroyed Torres.

19. The Fuzz

The Fuzz Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Lol wut !!

20. zippy

zippy The friendly Fascist

Supports:
    Sheffield United,FC Bayern
    Tbh I've had bad colds that were more entertaining, dreadful stuff considering the talent on view.