1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Manchester United v Chelsea

Discussion in 'Premier League Match Threads' started by Dan, Aug 22, 2013.

1. The Doc

The Doc Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Then it was very well placed chief.

Lol. very true.

2. Osgood

Osgood American/Plazzy fan type

Supports:
    Chelsea
    I disagree with Dan. The knee injury did NOT ruin Torres. In fact, in an interview with Liverpool's ex-Physio, who was in charge at the time of the Torres sale, he said that Torres was the fastest player in the entire Liverpool squad at the time he went to Chelsea. He was fit, and the knee injuries played no part in anything that has happened.

It's all speculation about Torres. Personally I think his issues today are mostly mental. But when he came - we had Drogba. This was bad news for Torres. Drogba is a club legend, but he did not play well with other strikers. Drogba was part of the Cech-Terry-Lampard spine, and as such was always ruling the roost. Torres simply didn't fit in. We kept a style of play that supported Drogba, but clearly did not suit Torres. As such, WE ruined Torres.

I don't know what his excuse now is.....

3. Osgood

Supports:
    Chelsea
    It's not a matter of being fickle, it's a matter of having confidence in the guy in charge. I had no confidence with the fat waiter - but have plenty in Jose. ;)

4. King_Kenny

King_Kenny JUSTICE FOR THE 97!

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Just United.

Agreed

#264 King_Kenny, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2013
  5. Leivapool

Leivapool Arrogantly inferior.

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Chelsea went to the Champions and got a point off them. Of course it's a better point for them. Sod all the bollocks about being 3rd favourites, in any of these top of the table clashes the onus is always on the home side to do better and shade a victory. No amount of rationalising from United fans can justify this being a better point for them.

That second one makes zero sense. There's no reason that Chelsea should be more content with getting a point than United, apart from them being the away side, and were also slightly worse. They're two excellent reasons why Chelsea would be more satisfied with a point.

6. Osgood

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Sorry, but while I have made my feelings on the game known in this thread (it was horrible) in the cold light of day the only plus is, yes, we got a point away. Man U's winning record at home is fantastic, and everyone knows it's a matter of winning your home games and then getting things away. A draw means we gained a small advantage in the head to head with Man U this season.

7. Tsatalia

Tsatalia Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Not to be too weird, but those are excellent posts! Rafa took a team that was competing for a League title and threw it away. The Fat Spanish Waiter is a Cup coach, Chelsea are more of a team than that. The expect to win Cups and the League. Other fans are happy with less is all.

8. Machida

Machida Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool.
    :laugh:

Your posts never fail to amuse.

9. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat Moysies Red & White Army

Supports:
    Man United
    Nonsense. Chelsea have come to Old Trafford at a time when the new manager hasn't fully 'bedded in' yet and at a time when massive questions have been asked of our defensive capabilities by very, very average teams in our pre season preparations. They've come to us at a time when we've had numerous off-field problems, most notably our public failure to sign anybody (despite admitting it's needed) as well as arguably our second most important/influential being the subject of a long running transfer saga with Chelsea themselves.

Add to all this that Hernandez (7 goals in 10 games against Chelsea) was out injured and I'd say that if you wanted a time to play the Champions away, now is the time you'd choose. Chelsea have squandered an opportunity to take the points; and United by comparison will be that much more confident after keeping a clean sheet against a very good side.

10. Tsatalia

Tsatalia Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    :fail:

I am sure it wasn't amusing to the Chelsea fans last year. Four points behind League leaders City when he arrives and end up 14 points behind United. If you can't comprehend competing (4 points back), to not even being in contention (14 points back), then so much more the fool you.:zzz

Like I said for some teams winning a couple cups makes you a legend, for others the League is more important. The Cups are great but secondary to the league for many fans and clubs.

11. Leivapool

Leivapool Arrogantly inferior.

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Yes, it's nonsense to suggest that United should be happier with a draw at Old Trafford than any away team, especially one that finished 14 points behind you 2 games previously. It was the 2nd game of a new season, you haven't fallen that far yet. Smacks of stretching for positives, that. A point at Old Trafford will suit Chelsea better no matter which way you try to spin it.

12. Osgood

Supports:
    Chelsea
    The whole Rafa thing is old news, and isn't worth going over again. We won the fecking Mickey Mouse Cup - woo hoo! There wasn't exactly a long line of English clubs offering him a job either, was there. I know some people love the guy, mostly Liverpool fans of course, and that's fine, that's their history. Ours was - we were dumped with a guy no-one wanted, in a calamity of a board room decision. It's all fixed now.

13. Copacetic

Copacetic Registered User

Supports:
    Football
    Terrible, terrible spectacle. Jose Mourinho, whilst he creates some entertaining antics off the pitch, doesn't half reduce big games like this into absolute borefests.

But at the end of the day he's got what he would have been happy with, the point. And despite what a few have said on this thread it's a better point for Chelsea than it is for Manchester United. Both teams will see themselves as title challengers and you always expect to have the advantage at home so of course it is a better result for Chelsea.