1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Match day thread

Discussion in 'Championship' started by HappilyLost, Jan 16, 2021.

1. NotsoPosh

NotsoPosh Small Fry against The Big Fish

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    Sammie was praising your fans for giving him a decent reception & he always cups his ears when he scores even if it was in front of us .

It was nice too see him back on a pitch after the complications him & his wife have had with their new baby girl & with the club giving him extra time off .

It appears that yesterday was the 1st of Jonson Clarke-Harris's 4 game ban ( we missed him yesterday ) games v M.boro , QPR & Hull , wondered why he wasn't in the matchday squad .

2. Blind Bigot

Blind Bigot Blind & Totally Bigotted

Supports:
    The Mighty Terriers.
    I knew it would be a struggle at Luton Town - it always is, but this time Carlos got our tactics spot on. He knew what to expect in the first half and set our shape accordingly. It wasn't pretty, in fact the whole game was a scrap which either team could have won so I guess a point apiece is about right. That 'big boy' physical stuff with the ball in the air every two seconds doesn't exactly suit our usual style of play so we had to adjust and every player put in a shift for the team, which was good to see. A two week break now and hopefully some of our wounded can get back into contention.:D

Ooh-to-be-a... likes this.
  3. Roverandout

Roverandout Omnishambles

Supports:
    Blackburn Rovers
    Well the last two games have exposed my fears about how small the squad is and that injuries to a few would make things a struggle. No Lenihan or Nyambe at the back meant throwing in two academy players, one a CB at RB and he got exposed terribly 1st half yesterday. Rallied 2nd half and looked the better team then, but Pool had lost 3 to injury during the game themselves. Could have been a draw but no complaints as our start simply wasn't good enough.

Next up Coventry with no Brereton due to his international trip will be interesting!

4. Ooh-to-be-a...

Ooh-to-be-a... Registered User

Supports:
    Huddersfield town
    Good point is that, hopefully we'll have Hogg, Vallejo and Colwill back by then plus Jordan Rhodes is back on the grass training so won't be far off hopefully which will give up more options up front.

I just hope Sorba Thomas doesn't do himself any harm trying to impress after his Wales call up.

5. Maple Triangle

Maple Triangle Registered User

Supports:
    Luton
    A very good defensive display by Huddersfield. For the most part they nullified our attacking threat and gave us very few clear cut chances. Still don't know however how Bell managed to hit the bar from one yard out! Felt we should have made changes earlier when it was obvious we were running out of ideas going forward. Huddersfield deserved something from the game thanks to the shift they put in. The conditions didn't help with passes going astray but no complaints from me. Two evenly matched teams so a point apiece was a fair outcome.

Blind Bigot likes this.
  6. Madejski

Madejski Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    It was a lucky win for us yesterday, looking at the match stats you cannot say anything less. Although Cardiff had 25 shots they only created a couple genuine goal-scoring chances. We sat back and somehow saw out the game.

Amazing that we have got 4 wins from 5 since the last international break with all of the injuries. Just this week we've lost Halilovic and Tetek, with Yiadom going off injured yesterday too. Hoping this break will help with some recoveries. Our injury situation is the only concern for me of us being relegated now. We've proven over the last few weeks that we have enough about us to be just fine this season otherwise.

7. Pubclown

Pubclown Play Off Kings

Supports:
    Blackpool
    Pretty much how I'd summarise the game. 1st half was ours, 2nd yours. We had a nightmare with 3 key players going off injured and we tired 2nd half. Could have easily been 2-2 but thankfully for us we held on. Really nervous last 20 minutes!

Roverandout likes this.
  8. JoshBCFC

JoshBCFC Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol City FC
    Nice win, good to see Nathan Thompson score an own goal and for Tanner to get his 1st goal for us. Chris Martin with a great finish too. Do need to sort out the defence a bit but hey, I'd rather win 3-2 than 1-0.

Can't argue with his goals tally so far, though some games he is pretty ineffective he tends to be clinical when gets a chance.

9. SpongeParr

SpongeParr Registered User

Supports:
    QPR
    Commentary is awful. I hate it. He tries to be balanced but he's full of rubbish.

Couldn't have said it better. First 25 minutes PNE were there for the taking, had nothing. Then when they scorer, we had nothing, we went to pot.

2nd half they got an early goal and we again had nothing. Then, Dykes scores an amazing header that gets ruled offside and that seems to spur us on. 2 quick goals after and we win the game.

Where were you sitting? Near the away fans or near the loft? I stand near the away fans. Cringe at how many times people started the your Mum's your Dad rubbish.

10. JoshBCFC

JoshBCFC Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol City FC

Goal of the season all wrapped up

SpongeParr likes this.
  11. prestonmike

prestonmike Registered User

Supports:
    preston
    Our defence is shocking at the moment, our first choice back line if alright but when we have players out we end up putting in defensive performances like that

JoshBCFC likes this.
  12. AVA

AVA Juan Iturbe Fan Club Member

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    I was by the away fans in the Ellerslie Road stand. There was one larger chap in the QPR section who spent most of the second half losing his mind, kept standing up and offering out the PNE fans, was so funny.

Yeah that chant got old quickly but (though very crass) the chants directed at the bald bloke and his family were extremely entertaining. Nothing says family day out like back and forth with other football fans and listening to them chant at your daughters. There was also a PNE fan who lost his rag and was borderline crying before his mates took him out the ground around the 87th minute or so. Probably not banter to everyone's taste but compared to the bores I sit with at AFCB home game it was entertaining, admittedly I don't sit in the vocal areas at AFCB though.

JustinQPR and SpongeParr like this.
  13. SkyBlueMatt

SkyBlueMatt The failed escape attempt

Supports:
    Coventry City
    Coventry 4 - 1 Fulham

After the deserved thumping midweek it was important that the players put in a good performance. Even if we didn't win, we had to put that result behind us. I don't think anyone would have predicted a win like that. Unfortunately I was away so I couldn't go but I wish I had been, the atmosphere would have been immense.

Gyokeres is on fire and with Godden back fit again. Robins has plenty of options upfront.

As for the "penalty", it was an absolute dive but like midweek when Luton was given one midweek incorrectly. It didn't impact the result. I don't like diving but I wasn't complaining :laugh: its nice to have a decision go our way.

14. BelizeHatter

BelizeHatter Registered User

Supports:
    Luton Town
    Was our pen incorrect? Ive seen several replays and cant tell. Yours was shocking. Outright cheat. Cant even claim trying to avoid a challenge

15. BelizeHatter

BelizeHatter Registered User

Supports:
    Luton Town
    Great result and performance tho. Glad it wasnt the deciding goal

16. SkyBlueMatt

Supports:
    Coventry City
    Yeah, I think so. If you pause on the moment of contact, its outside the box. Not that it had any impact on the result. We didn't turn up and fully deserved to lose.

I said Godden dived, I'm not debating that. I just don't care :laugh:. He doesn't have history for it but if it were to become regular, I would want Robins to have a word.

Half way to safety after only 11 games, happy days.

BelizeHatter likes this.
  17. DerbyFanMatt

DerbyFanMatt Persistant underdogs!

That was an outrageous dive and it should be a 3 game ban. I hate any derby player diving and cheating that way.

18. SkyBlueMatt

Supports:
    Coventry City
    Shouldn't you be on the League One forum?

RedDogChris likes this.
  19. DerbyFanMatt

DerbyFanMatt Persistant underdogs!

Not yet, no. Great come back by the way!

20. TomPNE94

TomPNE94 Registered User

Supports:
    PNE