1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Match day thread

Discussion in 'Championship' started by HappilyLost, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Madejski

Madejski Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    One of those frustrating games today, I didn't think Bournemouth were that much superior to us, they were just a little bit better at everything that mattered, and have the calmness when ahead to see out the game. Tonight reminded me of one of those cup games against a lower Prem club where you try but the quality from the better side seems them through. They will finish top two.

We are really starting to suffer now from our vast injury list. Still have 10 players out injured. Those that play are fatigued from playing every game and we can guarantee that our second half performances are going to drop off from the tiredness, with only 17-18 year olds on the bench we cannot change things up. We have not had a single game this season where more than three players on the bench have 10 career appearances. Just hope it fixes ourselves soon as if you consider that we will have 9 points deducted we're only just above the bottom three currently. With a fully fit squad we will be nowhere near.

2. AVA

AVA Juan Iturbe Fan Club Member

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    Would've been a different game if you hadn't missed those two chances in the first 20 minutes. Thought we got in control after that and never really looked in danger once we went ahead- you were well on top in the first portion of the game but just didn't take advantage of it and agreed with the rest what you've said tbh. We're not like Fulham who put 4 past teams but unlike our Howe teams we are really bloody good at managing a game and seeing out a lead.

Any idea why your fans were fighting each other in that corner block? Genuinely looked like it was about to get out of control at one point.

3. Burg

Burg The Fulham

Supports:
    Fulham
    Mitrovic has scored as many or more goals than half the teams in the division.

He’s scored double the amount that Hull City have.

That is outrageous. I ****ing adore that Serb

4. RednBlacklife

RednBlacklife Registered User

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    Can’t have had an easier hat trick than the one he got yesterday. God knows how many goals he’ll end up with this season.

Our match on 3/12 will basically be Mitrovic v Cahill :D

5. Blind Bigot

Blind Bigot Blind & Totally Bigotted

Supports:
    The Mighty Terriers.
    A tough encounter against Millwall, which always seems to be the case so not unexpected. True they were physical at times but they also played some decent football I thought. Based on chances I believe we deserved the win but I could be persuaded otherwise on TV evidence. There was some humour, particularly when the 'Wall' No25 big strong looking blonde lad, (Olaofe?) got in a tangle with Toffollo. He promptly got dogs treatment by our crowd but once things calmed he smiled and gave a little wave which was cool. We played very well in parts but I must say Millwall impressed me and if their finishing is less hurried in future they might well be around the play-off places in April/May. :D

#3745 Blind Bigot, Oct 31, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  6. AFCB-Nutter

AFCB-Nutter Marauding Chezzer!

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    Thought Reading looked a decent outfit first half. They made us look leggy and were more controlled for periods. They had one or two good chances but maybe didn't create as much as they could.

Thankfully we pinched the goal before half time and never really looked back. Once we get the 2nd it never felt in any danger, which is such an odd feeling for Bournemouth!

Loving Ryan Christie, he does the running of 2 players. And nice that Jamal Lowe pops up with goals from the bench. They’ve been really good additions and slotted into Parker's setup perfectly.

Have to keep tipping my hat to Scott Parker. With a few new faces, some youth and a new system we're like a different club.

Preston at home next who turned us over in the same fixture at a similar time last season.

7. JoshBCFC

JoshBCFC Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol City FC
    Finally won a game at home!

Barnsley were all over us and we were absolutely shite mind, so can't get too excited

8. Wycombe Royal

Wycombe Royal Waskly Wabbit

Supports:
    Reading
    Bournemouth fan in there is the rumoured reason.

9. TomPNE94

TomPNE94 Registered User

Supports:
    PNE
    Yeah that won’t be happening again!

10. SpongeParr

SpongeParr Registered User

Supports:
    QPR
    Yeah im not sure why they don't have more, or at least those portable beer stands.

What did you make of the atmosphere? Good or shit?

11. BleedsIsDead

BleedsIsDead They Love You When You're Dead

Supports:
    BHAFC
    Touché

JoshBCFC and Gassy like this.
  12. Gassy

Gassy Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol Rovers
    Atmosphere was decent tbf. Forest fans made a hell of a noise the entire first half with QPR pretty quiet tbh. 2nd half atmosphere was great, both fans going for it - good fun.

Would like to go again, although I'm 6"6 and I couldn't sit straight as the leg room was too tight. Do any of the other stands have slightly better leg room?

Trent Mist likes this.
  13. Tigerferry

Tigerferry Hull City is our name

Supports:
    Hull City
    Not that much of an accomplishment scoring more than us. 4 of our 9 goals came from the same game...on the first bloody week!

14. Trent Mist

Trent Mist Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Everywhere we go.

15. Return of J

Return of J Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol C
    !

TomPNE94 likes this.
  16. SpongeParr

SpongeParr Registered User

Supports:
    QPR
    More legroom at LR? :roflmao:roflmao:roflmao:roflmao:roflmao:roflmao:roflmao:roflmao

No, it's shit everywhere.

17. TomPNE94

TomPNE94 Registered User

Supports:
    PNE
    Hahaha **** off

Return of J likes this.
  18. RedDogChris

RedDogChris Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    So Sheffield United at home for us tomorrow night, I'd like us to improve our fortunes at the CG but despite the lowly position United are still a parachute club with an abundance of talent in the side so I'd still take a draw.

Sent from my 6025H_EEA using Tapatalk

19. ByTheRiver

ByTheRiver Registered User

Supports:
    Fulham
    A good win against WBA, Fulham controlled most of the game, but a strange game, in that the goals we scored we shouldn't have been allowed to score, but the 4 open goals we missed we should have scored.
    Blackburn Rovers away on Wednesday.
    Blackburn are always a tough close game.
    Rodak has now let only 1 goal in 6 games he has played this season, but the loss of Tosin Adarabioyo will hurt, last time he missed a game we lost 4-1 at Coventry. So who will Silva decide to select as a replacement. Mawson or Hector (Kongolo would be a risk), or will he put Odoi in a back 3.

20. Return of J

Return of J Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol C
    :laugh:

Angry Brucey

TomPNE94 likes this.