1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Match day thread

Discussion in 'Championship' started by HappilyLost, Jan 16, 2021.

1. AFCB-Nutter

AFCB-Nutter Marauding Chezzer!

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    Feisty game, both sides should have had a penalty, both sets of fans and players hate the ref, lots of handbags, ref hasn't a clue what to do. Somebody will get sent off the way this is going.

Swansea the better side so far, we've had the better chances.

2. ByTheRiver

ByTheRiver Registered User

Supports:
    Fulham
    Fulham's first goal attempt comes in the 46th minute (off target)....bit grim so far

3. Sgt_FFC

Sgt_FFC Registered User

Supports:
    Fulham
    Very luck win against a very spirited Peterborough side. They can feel hard done by tonight. Dembele is an absolute baller.

4. Arkwright

Arkwright Barnsleytilidie

Supports:
    Barnsleytilidie
    Shite, got what we deserved, nothing...against a very ordinary but better organized team. Get a decent manager in now in international break.

5. AFCB-Nutter

AFCB-Nutter Marauding Chezzer!

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    Absolutely stonking second half, utterly relentless. Better finishing makes it 6 or 7. Swansea went from the best opposition I'd seen first half to falling off a cliff second, knackered maybe?

Cotterill:49 and Super_horns like this.
  6. LordMegson

LordMegson Registered User

Supports:
    WBA
    Absolute shite. Banged on all summer about lack of quality up top and low and behold im right. Play offs at best for us. Val got no plan B either. Be lucky to see the season through imo (thats not me saying val out)

7. Tigerferry

Tigerferry Hull City is our name

Supports:
    Hull City
    Good performance today. Managed to keep a clean sheet and got some goals for once. Barnsley were shite and, on that viewing, will be relegation contenders. Can only beat what is in front of you though.

A vital win to stay in touch with the pack.

8. Jockney

Jockney Registered User

Supports:
    Millwall
    Derby deserved their point in the end but it was a better 2nd half performance from us even before the sending off. Afobe and Saville missed two absolute sitters mind.

9. NotsoPosh

NotsoPosh Small Fry against The Big Fish

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    Hmm , bad day at the office with Hull , Derby & Cardiff getting points but positives with the fact we didn't get the battering that most of the unknowledgeable thought we would .

They dominated possession most of the game but we deserved a point whereas Mitrovic scores his only chance with once more sh*t defending from a cross our lumbering giant up front can't stay onside & indeed likes hitting the woodwork .

Only 1 point from 6 in the 2 home games this week is very poor but hey ho .

10. prestonmike

prestonmike Registered User

Supports:
    preston
    Im just going to pretend we didnt play today, otherwise my Saturday night will be ruined!
    We were awful, the ref was awful, the weather was awful...just been a bad day all round

ForestRob and Tomohawk like this.
  11. Madejski

Madejski Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    BIG win for us, really good confidence booster after a tough run of games, especially coming from behind too.

Two goals for young Clarke too, only made his debut earlier this season. Hopefully he can be our temporary answer up top now until Joao is back. Puscas' bad form continuing, that is now 23 games for Reading and Romania without scoring..

Keeps us just above the relegation zone (after points deduction applied)

12. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Some late goals around .

13. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    Solid performance today - a tweak to the formation by Cooper and we actually got out of the blocks quickly and put Preston onto the backfoot early doors which we didn't do against QPR and Sheff Utd. Preston offered little really and looked poor for much of the game although Riis looked fairly dangerous when he got on the ball. Johnson was the big difference for us with his ability to get in behind defenders bringing us so many chances this season - January is going to be a long month whilst we try and fight the vultures off! Also worth a mention is Jack Colback who has been reinvigorated under Cooper - I've been his biggest critic but he has been immense since Cooper came in and not just with the defensive work he does but the fact he is now constantly involved in the final 3rd as his goal showed again today!

Nice 3 points to go into yet another international break with

Not been too bad here mate ;) :D

14. AVA

AVA Juan Iturbe Fan Club Member

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    Should have scored at least 6 today but a great win nonetheless. Davis was brilliant once he grew into it and Stacey was MOTM in my opinion.

Nothing to say about Swansea other than their behaviour was absolutely embarrassing. Got exactly what they deserved.

AFCB-Nutter likes this.
  15. RedDogChris

RedDogChris Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Delighted with that, I was hopeful of a win but that was much more comfortable than I imagined. Keeps the feel good factor up under Cooper as it was a first of winnable games at home I hope we can go on a run now

Sent from my 6025H_EEA using Tapatalk

Tomohawk likes this.
  16. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    The home form had become a little concerning, even after Hughton had gone so to win this comfortably (admittedly against a poor side) at home and to hear the CG as loud as its been in a while is a real plus.

What's your feeling on Mighten after today? I don't want to be picking out players after a solid win but I just can't help but feel that he's not developing how we expected - not sure if that is a reflection on him or maybe it appears this way just because Johnson has gone so far beyond him. He worked hard today but he seems to be a real lightweight and struggles to get past defenders, although he's a good option for getting a ball in behind the opposing defence, I'll give him that!

17. RedDogChris

RedDogChris Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Will have to give him abit more time if anyone can get him going eventually it's Cooper

Sent from my 6025H_EEA using Tapatalk

Tomohawk likes this.
  18. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    Well he's turned Colback into Gazza in the space of a few weeks so anything is possible

RedDogChris likes this.
  19. SamB_SCFC

SamB_SCFC FF Old Skool

Supports:
    Stoke City
    Very important win today. After a dreadful October where we were pathetically soft in defence and threw away three leads including a 3-0 lead against Cardiff, two consecutive tight 1-0 wins have been just what we needed. 6 valuable points to get us back into the playoffs and confidence building clean sheets and effective game management to see out the win.

It has come at a cost though, we're less of an attacking threat and both games have been a bit of a grind. Going forward we will need to find a better balance between being tough to break down and still retaining an attacking threat. The last two games have been similar to the dull grind of last season and while a reset was necessary after the farce against Cardiff, if we continue playing the same way with little attacking threat the 1-0 wins will start turning into draws and narrow defeats and the season will peter out into a turgid bottom half finish again.

BelizeHatter likes this.
  20. ccfctommy

ccfctommy Basket Case Club

Supports:
    Coventry City, Rangers
    Last minute Coventry ride again!

SamB_SCFC likes this.