1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Match day thread

Discussion in 'Championship' started by HappilyLost, Jan 16, 2021.

1. BelizeHatter

BelizeHatter Registered User

Supports:
    Luton Town
    Good game. Should have won it, even with all their players on the pitch. Amazed Taylor wasnt the red, but guess thats why they took the tool off.

Samba the biggest difference - an excellent keeper. Not due to the pen, as it was shit and kinda hit his leg, but he is an extra outfield player with the ball at his feet and quick calm cool distribution from the hand. By far the best keeper ive seen in this league, although a shame we didnt test his shot stopping skills more, but when we did he was equal.

ForestRob and RedDogChris like this.
  2. RedDogChris

RedDogChris Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    You make a good post but you didn't do anything 11 v 11 apart from getting the penalty. It was evenly poised we were starting to look better in the 2nd half as an attacking outlet with Grabban to come off the bench.

I think we are both happy enough with the point so we move on

3. tiltontrev

tiltontrev **~Key Worker~**

Supports:
    Small Heath Alliance
    ****ing dreadful again, we are currently missing half a team, but my god we’re a difficult watch. On the flip side it must be a joy being a Cov fan at the moment, they’re a delight on the eye, full of energy and attacking intent, should have beat us at a canter really.

Dreadful officiating, yet again.

4. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Coventry should have a penalty and Woods was probably unlucky in that you see thats sort of tactical foul a lot which only gets a booking at best usually.

It was a bit of a wild hack though .

#4104 Super_horns, Nov 23, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  5. tiltontrev

Supports:
    Small Heath Alliance
    I thought we should of had a nailed on penalty in the second half, admittedly other end of the ground and not seen a replay. The “tackle” by Woods is stupid & cynical, but they’re never a sending off in that area of the field “one for the team” and a yellow card.

Super_horns likes this.
  6. TomPNE94

TomPNE94 Registered User

Supports:
    PNE
    Another absolutely woeful performance and gifted 2 goals by a complete Boro implosion. ****ing gutted as it probably means McAvoy keeps his job for at least another couple of weeks.

7. BelizeHatter

BelizeHatter Registered User

Supports:
    Luton Town
    We all know the bit before a but is deemed the bullshit and after is the real point :-).

I mildly disagre you looked more likely, tho recognise we all have our rose tinted specs - me included. We were at a min your equal and looked more dangerous in spells and it was set for the classic away set the stall then second half we up it and grab the points.

I dont recall a single test for our stand in keeper - who i think should be No. 1

Like you say good point.....But..... ;-)....... I fancied us for more before the game and thru most of it too.

8. LordMegson

LordMegson Registered User

Supports:
    WBA
    We well and truly are shite.

9. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Yes - was a good shout tbf.

10. RednBlacklife

RednBlacklife Registered User

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    Yes we need you to be a little less shite tbh!

11. Papa Francesco

Papa Francesco Registered User

Supports:
    Middlesbrough
    No idea how we conspired to lose that game last night. Preston did well to keep it tight and fair play to them took the chances that we laid on a silver platter for them. Definite signs of improvement and actually looking like we have some sort of plan under Wilder.

TomPNE94 likes this.
  12. Return of J

Return of J Registered User

Supports:
    Bristol C
    Kicked off outside the away end after we played you and there wasn't a copper in sight, despite there being a million and one police vans stationed there.

Bizarre. Anything last night @tiltontrev?

13. AFCB-Nutter

AFCB-Nutter Marauding Chezzer!

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    Millwall away tonight. They seem a decent steady sort of side this season. It's going to be baltic out there!
    We need a good response to Sunday's tight defeat.

14. SkyBlueMatt

SkyBlueMatt The failed escape attempt

Supports:
    Coventry City
    The ref was awful and if we had been given that pen, I think we go on to win by 2 or 3. The ref was awful, I was calling for a red during the game because I thought he had made more contact and gone into the back of him. Though it was probably more down to I was p*ssed off it was still 0-0. It wasn't a red though, cynical tackle, see them every game. It didn't help us, that penalty would have, just like last week. O'Hare gets fouled, tries to stay on his feet, then goes down. It's a f**king penalty.

Either way, points all round and considering your injury list, thats not a bad result. I hated seeing them long throws, caused trouble on a few occasions.

I thought we were fantastic for large parts of the game, our build up play, counter attacks, passing were really very good. Our decision making for the final pass let us down far too many times. O'Hare & Hamer, in that first half were everywhere, I pray the latter isn't injured.

Ah ok, I didn't see it. I wasn't on the beer, I had taken my dad and sister to the game so we went straight off. Rumours on the Cov forum that there were a few scrapes but I don't know how much of it is sensationalism (Brum game).

Return of J likes this.
  15. terrier4eva

terrier4eva Registered User

Supports:
    Huddersfield Town
    A win tonight and I may….may start to believe we can finish in the play offs.

16. NotsoPosh

NotsoPosh Registered Useless : Trevor Kettle Style .

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    Should be a goalfest at Ewood tonight ( if we play a striker )

Last 5 matches between the 2 teams has spawned 26 goals according to Flashscore .

I think we'll win the ( least support at an away game ) award tonight with just over 200 making the trip with the It's Posh We Are flag 85 by 40 taking up more seats :D

Red button & beer in the fridge .

17. SpongeParr

SpongeParr Registered User

Supports:
    QPR
    Tbf, same from our side. We have gone same again from our game against Luton.

Red button for me tonight again though.

18. tiltontrev

Supports:
    Small Heath Alliance
    Nah mate, a lot of posturing, our dickheads playing up in the ground again but outside was pretty quiet, the odd few idiots but thats par for the course. I think a lot of it had to do with no transport so most people were either driving or on a minibus/coach etc, the ground cleared surprisingly quick.

Spot on Matt.

I thought Coventry were superb on the night, must be great to have a team with such freedom and attacking intent, really bought home just how shite we are, been years since I've seen us have a side that gets you on the edge of your seat for 90min, good luck to them, refreshing to see :thumb

SkyBlueMatt and Return of J like this.
  19. Jockney

Jockney Registered User

Supports:
    Millwall
    Out of nothing ffs

20. SamB_SCFC

SamB_SCFC FF Old Skool

Supports:
    Stoke City
    Such a Stoke first half that. Dominated the match, missed chances then let a sloppy one in close to half time before falling to pieces and could have been 2-0 down. Defensively we're just far too sloppy this season and we let teams off the hook too often.