1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Match day thread

Discussion in 'Championship' started by HappilyLost, Jan 16, 2021.

1. AFCB-Nutter

AFCB-Nutter Marauding Chezzer!

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    Lerma did ok, I wouldn't want to have to use him there all the time, but he did ok. Unfortunately he was sold a hospital pass and it was either a red card foul or concede a goal. Stacey's fault, again.

We're missing all of our first choice back 4 currently and having to experiment.

Super_horns likes this.
  2. NotsoPosh

NotsoPosh Small Fry against The Big Fish

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    You're probably right .

Can't see Fergie ( the safest job in football ) getting the sack when most people in the football world & his past record at this level show he's out of his depth ( but a DMac yes man ) & he hasn't been helped when our recruitment is mostly players from lower or non league hoping to find a gem to flog on for vast profits & or when his number 2 leaves to go to West Ham he gets an inexperienced back up albeit a cheap option.

No one's relegated in December but I fear a long hard season ahead .

3. Riverside

Riverside Registered User

Supports:
    Cardiff City
    Good to bounce back today. Morison is doing well overall so far imo. If he can ease us clear of relegation this season whilst bringing young players through I don’t really see any need to look elsewhere.

4. Arkwright

Arkwright Barnsleytilidie

Supports:
    Barnsleytilidie
    You have more chance than us mate tbf, but today we let you have ball all game and you had 12 shots with 2 on target we had 10 with 3 some of your passing was neat enough but it reminded me of us a few years back, no end product, which surprised me as you usually can score under Fergie. I hope you survive mate, as for us?...I'm getting past caring now.

5. AVA

AVA Juan Iturbe Fan Club Member

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    Sickener for us today and the luckiest point Coventry will get all season.

We are ****ed for Friday, our injury (and suspension) list is awful.

6. AFCB-Nutter

AFCB-Nutter Marauding Chezzer!

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    That's a bit harsh on a decent enough Cov side, but the way we're losing players at the moment and the impact of the storm in those latter stages today does make you wonder, what next? The river Thames to rise up and sweep Solanke away on Friday maybe?

7. RedDogChris

RedDogChris Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Wonderful to see the parachute clubs slipping up and not having it all their own way for a change

#4207 RedDogChris, Nov 27, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    David Bird and tiltontrev like this.
  8. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Yes but needs to be more consistency behind them to get under real pressure .

9. AVA

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    Wasn't intended to imply that they were a bad team but it was an absolute freak set of events. We win that match 99 times out of 100.

• A ridiculously stupid red card when we were well in control of that match
    • Ibsen Rossi totally messing up that header that led to their goal
    • An equaliser that was a total fluke

AFCB-Nutter and Super_horns like this.
  10. prestonmike

prestonmike Registered User

Supports:
    preston
    could have gone for a 2nd yellow for a foul on Van Den Berg later on as well, haven't seen any of the game back yet but the ref was awful, was far too inconsistent, one moment he's stopping the game because someone has gone down, the next he's letting play continue, also, the Fulham time wasting was so obvious and frustrating from the moment they scored yet only 1 minute of added time in the 1st half? then the Fulham number 6 (who was constantly time wasting and should have had at least a yellow) had the cheek to start complaining about us slowing the game down in the last minute after Fulham had time wasted for much of the game

11. tiltontrev

tiltontrev **~Key Worker~**

Supports:
    Small Heath Alliance
    Well that’s the coldest I’ve been in quite a number of years, unbelievably cold.

Shite game, absolutely breathtakingly bad officiating yet AGAIN, getting beyond silly now.

Take the point then never ever try to think of the game again.

12. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    But you got 3..

;)

tiltontrev likes this.
  13. DerbyFanMatt

DerbyFanMatt Persistant underdogs!

Something about Bournemouth when they played derby smacked off being far too arrogant and think they lacked a leader in the middle of the park. Maybe pearson is that because he wasn’t playing. The first goal that was scored was annoying from a derby pov but the way the Bournemouth player celebrated with a samba like dance - not keen on that.

still think the top three will get promoted to continue the trend of parachute payment clubs to yo-yo between the leagues

14. NotsoPosh

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    Fair play to Fergie for trying something different today & trying a few Under 23 players but we're devoid of confidence atm & can't see much changing tbh .

Am surprised how far you guys have fallen , I know the Chewing Gum Kid's left but your owners aren't short of a bob or two .

Ironically , the electrician was voted man of the match today :D

15. NotsoPosh

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    Just seen a video of Birmingham ol' Bill attacking Blackpool fans & penning them in at end of the game , handbag stuff from them , couple of truncheon warriors .

TomPNE94 likes this.
  16. AVA

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    Yeah we had Kilkenny & Cook start in the middle today. Against you Kilkenny came on for Cook.

Both are talented but also far too lightweight, they were okay today but I think it really cost us when we were trying to hold on. Cook is only recently back from a very long injury and it shows because I think he's been really poor, especially today, but I'm not going to give him much stick considering how long he was out.

Ultimately I doubt we would ever been playing those two together and at yours Pearson would have definitely come on instead of Kilkenny.

17. SkyBlueMatt

SkyBlueMatt The failed escape attempt

Supports:
    Coventry City
  18. Cotterill:49

Cotterill:49 Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC

The angle of this isn't great, but I can't see how this could possibly be onside.

19. Riverside

Riverside Registered User

Supports:
    Cardiff City
    Is it correct that 3 Bristol City players were booked for time-wasting in the first-half?

20. Tigerferry

Tigerferry Hull City is our name

Supports:
    Hull City
    It was a proper battle at the KC. I thought we edged it and the scoreline reflects that.

No words to describe the turnaround, really. The change in shape and formation has worked well. With goals and wins coming now, the confidence is growing.