1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Maximum you'd pay for League One Football

Discussion in 'EFL League One' started by Fent, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Fent

Fent OAFC L2 Champions 21/22

Supports:
    Oldham Athletic
    Our fixture with Peterborough on Saturday has caused a stirr with them charging £28 for people who pay on the day. Some people I know are boycotting the game as they feel it's too much, but we're probably one of the cheapest grounds in League One at £20. What is the maximum you'd be prepared to pay to watch Football in this Division?

I think personally the TV money which is the real villan when it comes to ticket prices IMO. They're subsidising the top clubs who can charge what they want because they know they'll sell the tickets regardless with the rest of the Football Pyramid playing catch up with limited streams of income

2. Southgate_O

Southgate_O Formerly Blackpool_O

Supports:
    Leyton Orient
    Football is already far too expensive, which is the main reason I am cutting back and won't be doing so many away games this season.

3. Ollie

Ollie Registered User

Supports:
    LFC
    right now £0 for Carlisle United. £28 is daylight robbery to watch anyone in this division.

4. Quirkafleeg

Quirkafleeg Wolves Ay We.
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    After what Ive been paying over the last three/four seasons, its a blessing the prices of tickets in this division.

5. Town_Ender

Town_Ender Registered User

Supports:
    Preston North End
    Like there's a cap on wages (Financial Fair Play) which are different for different leagues, there should also be a cap on the prices of tickets for game (changing depending on which league you're in). Think £24 should be the highest a club should be able to charge in this league, allowing the bracket to be from say £18-24 which is reasonable for this level of football in this day and age. It's OK the FA 'trying' to save clubs from administration etc. but they haven't thought about the fans who might go out of pocket just for the pleasure of watching their team play in an awful league Vs former Conference hoofball sides. Not naming any names...

*Cough* Stevenage *Cough*

6. cumberland SHD

cumberland SHD Registered User

Supports:
    Carlisle United
    max I would pay is £22

7. ThePompeyMaster

ThePompeyMaster New Member

Supports:
    Portsmouth
    Didn't go to many away games last season but Doncaster's ticket pricing was far too high, something like £23 for watching dross.

8. millers

millers Registered User

Supports:
    Rotherham United
    £20 is about right, £28 is downright criminal!!

9. AVA

AVA Juan Iturbe Fan Club Member

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    Clubs should all have to charge away fans the same. It's crazy that Peterborough can charge 28 quid will another club might charge 17.

10. Vale Till I Die

Vale Till I Die Registered User

Supports:
    Port Vale Fc
    Its just plain wrong when clubs charge inflated prices for this level of football. There should be set prices for different levels ie League 2 up to the premiership, Swindon charged £25 for the league 2 season and that was dear.

11. Posh Josh

Posh Josh #pufc

Supports:
    Peterborough United
    Max I'd pay is about £20, £25 at a push, that's if it's a biggish game and we're going to take a fair few fans. If it's a cold Tuesday night in Carlisle then f*ck that.

£28 is a joke, I certainly wouldn't pay that. Don't blame people who don't go, but it's the same for home fans who pay on the day. This whole pay on the day/advance is pointless for games like Oldham anyway, as I doubt they'll bring that many. Obviously it was cheaper to stand in the terrace, but that's not open anymore. The reason why our prices are high this season is due to the rent we pay the council, unfair that fans have to feel the force of that though.

But, to be fair if you don't want to pay it don't go. In the past I've wanted to go to away games, but have been put off by the price. Not really sure why the likes of Crewe and Oldham are in category 'A' though...:hmmm

I agree there should be a set price across the whole division. But saying that, if club's want to charge £25+ and wonder why people don't turn up then it's their problem.

#11 Posh Josh, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2013
  12. Rubadub

Rubadub Registered User

Supports:
    Preston North End
    £22 is what I paid on Saturday at Rotherham, and that's about the most I'd pay in this league. Probably £5 more in the Championship, but for the quality of football on offer in this league anything more than £22 is steep, and anything more than £25 is just daylight robbery.

13. Southgate_O

Supports:
    Leyton Orient
    Is it closed for all games then? Shame if so as it's a great terrace.

14. Posh Josh

Posh Josh #pufc

Supports:
    Peterborough United
    Yep, set to be demolished sometime in September.

15. Southgate_O

Supports:
    Leyton Orient
  16. Wolves n Proud

Wolves n Proud Registered User

Supports:
    Wolves
    Thing that truly scars me about the pricing we experienced in the prem is with the exception of Albion or the Villa we wouldn't have been category A for many sides. I went to Liverpool when we best them and I think I paid £39 what would an Everton or United fan pay?!

In this division I think I'd pay £20 tops but £25 if it was a must win promotion three pointeror playoff semi. The other expense is the price of coach travel. That staggers me that people still pay to use them. I think we charged £12 to birmingham last Easter :eeek

17. Southgate_O

Supports:
    Leyton Orient
    Train fares are just as bad.

I didn't go to Carlisle because those robbing bastards were charging £85 return.

18. Trev_GFC

Trev_GFC On Tour

Supports:
    Gillingham FC
    That is terrible if Peterborough have just come down from the Championship, pay large sums of money on players and charge fans through the roof yet don't even own their stadium.

19. tomcha

tomcha Registered

Supports:
    Liverpool, PNE
    Went back to my old town team a few months back; the one I used to play in front of three men and a dog... Got charged £2 to get in. Into a field.

Anyhow. I go back to a certain league one ground (clue: they don't like Blackpool) every now and then and I know a lot of people who buy young adult or student tickets (and should be paying the adult cost). Don't know how widespread this is but presumably puts the base price up a few quid. Not saying I disagree; if they have to do that to be able to afford to go and (half) fill the stadium then so be it. Probably a chicken and egg argument.

I wouldn't like to pay more than £20 for L1.

20. Bacchus

Bacchus Revolt Against the (post-)Modern World

Supports:
    MK
    Guess that away trips cancelled then. That's bollocks cause I was really looking forward to that match just for the terrace alone.

I'd say at this level £15-18 is enough, but guess clubs have to survive so £20 is acceptable - anything above though I wouldn't pay. Felt Orient last season was a complete waste of £25 for a shit away block and terrible food (not to mention the result :laugh:) only reason it was worth it was the local pubs. Higher prices could be justified but they'd really have to reflect the quality of the team or facilities on offer.