1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Member Departures Celebration Thread

Discussion in 'Flood This Hall of Fame' started by Dan, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Furby

Furby Banned

Supports:
    Sheffield wednesday
    :laugh:

I believe you x

2. RM

RM Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    I'm all for TLC providing info if it was requested. But some 'do-gooder' just ringing up and involving themselves and telling the police about it for no reason, would, in my eyes, be a scumbag. Sorry if that bothers you.

The only people that need to inform the police are the victims. If they choose not to, then it's nothing to do with us.

3. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    ^

4. scunnymadandy

scunnymadandy Alfreton 14-0 Sheff Wed

Supports:
    Scunthorpe United
    Scumbag for reporting a crime?

The world's gone mad :(

5. Cartman

Cartman Registered User

Supports:
    Chesterfield
    correct

if the victim wants to report it then this site should assist the investigation

if the victim does not want to report it then it's not up to one of the sad ***** on here to go running to the police about it

6. Cartman

Cartman Registered User

Supports:
    Chesterfield
    a crime none of us witnessed, have no idea if it really happened, do not know the victims or where it happened and have read about online

you cannot report a crime on this 'evidence'

7. Machida

Machida Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool.
    How would informing the police of a crime make you a scumbag? It's that sort of attitude that let's people like that get away with it.

Not that I've got any intention of doing it but if what he says is true then f*ck him, he deserves everything he gets.

8. Fandango

Fandango Out

Supports:
    Stockport County
    Yes you can. You don't need full evidence to report the crime, you can report what's known to you and then it's up to the police to take it from there.

And it shouldn't JUST be if the victim wants to report it. Some crimes can affect the victim to the point where they're too scared to come forward, meaning the bellend who did it is free to get away with it.

It'd be interesting to see who would be saying the same if someone in their family, maybe a child or sibling or elderly relative, was attacked for no reason. I guess they wouldn't be arsed about people who are able to report it choosing not to so they can maintain some weird reputation of not being a grass.

9. RM

RM Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    But it's nothing to do with us? They know each other, and have circumstances and history. Not that that justifies it but it's not the place for someone on the other side of the country to report it because he read about it on a forum.

10. Fandango

Fandango Out

Supports:
    Stockport County
    The alleged Parklife murderer was found through people all over the country identifying the bloke through retweets and photos on Twitter. Nothing to do with them? Should have stayed out of it?

11. RM

RM Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    Yeah I wouldn't report it. I'd be thinking, "I don't need to ring the police. My man furno has already done that."

Stupidity. If THEY care, they have gone to the police. We have the evidence waiting if necessary.

If you feel so strongly about it, please call 999. Or just shut the f*ck up. ty x

12. RM

RM Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    Learn to read. I'm not saying we delete the posts. It's there waiting if necessary. The victims aren't dead so they have the ability to ring the police all by themselves.

13. Machida

Machida Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool.
    I agree with you in general, just don't think it makes somebody a scumbag. As I said, I wouldn't do it for a number of reasons.

Assuming Ghosh isn't bullshitting again, it's worth noting that anybody planning to anonymously inform the police should take into account that the victim might not want to report the crime for fear of further retribution.

14. LEF

LEF Skinflint

Supports:
    Whoever you say I support
    Unless the fact they have been attacked in such a way has left them scared to go to the police? And we have evidence, but even if they did go to the police they are most probably unaware he has been talking about it on here.

15. Fandango

Fandango Out

Supports:
    Stockport County
    PEOPLE WHO TOLD THE POLICE WHERE THE BOSTON BOMBER WAS HIDING ARE JUST BAD GRASSES

16. Rich_Le_John

Rich_Le_John In exile

Supports:
    Manchester United, Team Le_John oh and Liverpool
    STFU and off you f**k. Thanks.

17. Fandango

Fandango Out

Supports:
    Stockport County
    :laugh: I know you're eager to remain up certain posters rectums but don't get too offended by the fact I called CA posters bellends. I didn't mean all of you, it's ok, it's not your fault x

18. ccfctommy

ccfctommy Basket Case Club

Supports:
    Coventry City, Rangers
    What would you say to the police anyhow?

999: Hello?

FF Member: Police Please.

Id like to report ABH in Doncaster last night. Fellas name is Ghosh. Didnt witness it but read about it on the internet. I also have his twitter handle! Please bring this nasty Ghosh to justice!

19. RM

RM Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    :laugh:

Great comparison. Good work.

20. Fandango

Fandango Out

Supports:
    Stockport County
    I haven't once said I would or will report it based on an online forum post.

As it happens I think it's probably bullshit anyway. Just don't think it makes people scum if something like this were to be reported (say an incident which spread around twitter or something).