1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MMA

Discussion in 'General Sport' started by DCFCforever, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja witty unpredictable talent and natural game

Supports:
    West Ham United
    Tills looking good to hit weight. 8lbs off with a day to the weigh in. As long as he doesn’t drain himself too much getting down further to 170, I think think hes gonna be a real fckin handful for Woodley. Can see the champ utilising his wrestling for this fight because I think he’s overmatched on the feet

2. Cotterill:49

Cotterill:49 Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    I think even if Till makes weight, this his last fight at the weight regardless of whether he wins or not which makes it a bit silly. I just think the UFC made this fight because they needed some interest in a Woodley defence but it makes little sense really.

3. Muller

Muller Fun Bobby

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Gutted for Till but he will be back stronger. Great show of respect with Woodley after the fight too.

4. Jonny Ninja

Supports:
    West Ham United
    Surprised till was the bookies favourite in all honesty. He definately had a decent shot at woodley, but woodley had so many ways he could win the fight. And if it went to ground he was overmatched.

I like him, but I think last night was best chance he’ll get to win a title. MW at the moment is a horrible division, and I wouldn’t fancy his chances against most of the top 10. He’ll not have a size advantage and he's too one dimensional as a fighter. He’s a throw back where most of the elite fighters now have a number facets to their game. He needs to evolve his game to get to the top imo

5. The Valiant

The Valiant **********

Supports:
    Port Vale FC
    ^^^Yeah. Would've been tempted by that line had I known. Stood out like a sore thumb during the introductions. Woodley has long been underrated, even by bookies it seems.

Zabit's sub was the best moment of the night. The women's 115lb one-punch knockout was quite a moment as well! Collector's item.

6. Jonny Ninja

Supports:
    West Ham United
    The whole card was really good from start to finish. That knock out was vicious. Andrade looked like a female wanderlai. Gonna be a good fight with rose

First time I’ve seen zabit fight but listened to the hype about him before the fight. Not disappointed at all. He’s natural on the feet and his sub was ridiculous. He’s a star in the making. Got the same buzz about him that I had with mcgregor in his pre and early ufc days. Can’t wait to see him fight again. 145 is quite a light division, I can see a title shot within a year

Who you got in the Conor vs khabib fight?

The Valiant likes this.
  7. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    Think Khabib wins personally. Couple of rounds and Connor will gas. Khabib will take him to the floor and submit him.

8. The Valiant

The Valiant **********

Supports:
    Port Vale FC
    Yeah Zabit is a total natural. I saw him just the one time before this and he really stood out in that fight as well.

I've gone back and forth on Khabib/Conor, mostly thinking Khabib would win, but with some doubts creeping in after some of his recent fights. Given McGregor's inactivity I think I have to take Khabib. But really wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Conor lights him up in the first or second round.

9. Jonny Ninja

Supports:
    West Ham United
    That’s what I’m hoping. If hes getting wrestle fcked I wonder if he’ll look for a way out again like he did against Diaz

The inactivity and partying are what are sticking in my mind. I think he beats khabib 2 years ago but who knows now. I’ll go with khabib for the above reasons. If he wins hopefully he’ll stop swerving Ferguson because I think he’s a horrible fight fir Conor and it will be an absolute war whilst it lasts

RM likes this.
  10. Machida

Machida Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool.
    Conor kills Ferguson. Ferg got lit up and hurt by Lando Vannata and McGregor is on another level to him.

Edging toward Nurmagomedov due to McGregor's inactivity and advantage in wrestling but if Khabib just plods forward like he usually does then it'll be over pretty quickly for him.

11. nazzac

nazzac Registered User

Supports:
    Football
    I doubt Conor beats Ferg that easily at all. MMAth does not work. Just because Lando dropped Tony does not mean Conor will. It is like saying "Thomson finished Diaz so Conor will finish him because he is on another level" and we know what happened there.

Not saying that it could not happen, but these three at the top of lightweight are elite and could beat each other at any time.

I think it is clever on the UFC's part to book Tony on this card. if anything happens to Conor or Khabib then Tony could step in easily and it is still a huge fight.

12. Machida

Machida Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool.
    I'm obviously exaggerating for emphasis but Ferguson tends to get hit a lot and I'm not convinced he could stand with Conor. Grappling is a different story though, could see Ferg choking Conor too.

The Doc likes this.
  13. Jonny Ninja

Supports:
    West Ham United
    Yeah just like he was going to kill Diaz! When you're one dimensional, and you can't knock a guy out and hes still standing in front of you when your gassing after 10 mins, your fcked. Ferguson is as durable as diaz but is a better fighter and more spiteful. Id put money on the fight looking like the first Diaz fight, but with connor getting beaten up in the mid rounds before he gets stopped. However hes already ducked him so I suppose it never likely to happen

14. Jonny Ninja

Supports:
    West Ham United
    Looking at the Diaz fight I think Tonys a horrible matchup.

15. Machida

Machida Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool.
    Diaz fight was an outlier. Nate is one of the most durable guys in the company's history. Conor has hurt virtually every one of his opponents so far.

When did Conor duck Ferg?

16. Machida

Machida Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool.
    Just putting it out there too, if McGregor beats Khabib, does he start to enter the GOAT discussion?

17. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    lol

RM likes this.
  18. Machida

Machida Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool.
    Why not?

GSP is number 1 for me, with DC and DJ being outside shouts. Silva and Jones don't count because they're confirmed cheaters so have to be assumed to have been cheating for most of their careers.

#2498 Machida, Sep 14, 2018 at 3:07 PM
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 3:14 PM
  19. Steve - Wfc

Steve - Wfc Registered User

Supports:
    Watford
    When he chose not to defend his belt.

RM likes this.
  20. nazzac

nazzac Registered User

Supports:
    Football
    So is Tony, snd Tony is also a far more skilled fighter than Nate.