1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Musical Instruments...

Discussion in 'Music' started by Tomohawk, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Tomohawk

Tomohawk Moderator
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Nottm Forest
    Does anyone play one (or more)?

If so what made you choose that particular instrument?

Do you do it for fun or do you perform a bit more seriously in a band or by yourself?

2. MrE

MrE Registered User

Supports:
    I play guitar, bass and (kinda ) drums.

I started as a drummer and got bored of it and so hurried up learning guitar. Been playing guitar for a semi-successful solo project for about two years now. I take it seriously but it is mainly an outlet to get free drinks.

3. Foxwell

Foxwell A little bit of the bubbly

Supports:
    Manchester United FC
    Played guitar and bass for years, nowadays just got a nice acoustic in the house which I have a jam on every now and then.

4. Marty_LFC

Marty_LFC Origi 90+6

Supports:
    USA
    Guitar (acoustic) and some piano/keyboards. As a kid I learned drums, but it's not practical for me as my entire adult life has been lived in apartment buildings, so I don't think drums are the most neighborly instrument.

5. NotsoPosh

NotsoPosh Common As Muck !

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    Percussion .

Had 18 & 20 inch Bongo's , had Mirror Box & Gourd Guitar the last 2 hand made bought from a Free Festival in the mid 80's , then some bast*rd burgled me stole them & all my vinyl plus other assorted oddments !

6. Habbinalan

Habbinalan Registered User

Supports:
    Cambridge United, with nostalgic connections to Barrow AFC
    I played washboard on a version of this in school assembly, around 50 years ago.

..........although it was the Johnny Winter version that inspired me.

It is one of the few regrets in my life that I didn't (couldn't afford to, didn't think it was cool, wasn't sure I could do it.....) persist with the chance to play guitar or piano as a kid of 10 and again in my teens.

I've bought and dabbled with a few guitars since. Did you know that they used to produce Jim Burns Guitars (something inspired my wife to buy a JB guitar and amp as a Christmas present - understandable as I once bought her a motorbike as a birthday present in our dreamy days) in the middle of the fens, just down the road from the Burberry factory (originally Thomas Peacock's Hope Brothers' Shirt Factory) and up the road from the Harley statue and a few miles from our home for many years. Littleport is an interesting village.

Burns London - Wikipedia

The Burns guitar

[​IMG]
    The Shirt Factory

[​IMG]

The Harley

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Villa Rocker

Villa Rocker Registered User

Supports:
    Aston Villa
    I love listening to isolated tracks where they cut the vocals and guitar so you just have the drums. Or vice versa where you just have the guitar etc