1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

New manager speculation. [MERGED]

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by AdzSAFC, Dec 5, 2008.

1. **FTM**

**FTM** Registered User

Supports:
    SUNDERLAND AFC........Why on earth is there room for two teams?

It was tongue in cheeks shit for brains. :therethere Driven by the happy bug thats flying around in here with our survival and the mags relegation. Besides if Manchester City is such a top club why can't you hold onto your best Youth player.:salute:

2. Mini-mackem

Mini-mackem Always Red And White!

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
    As much as i don't like Bruce i think he would push this club right on , You've only got to look what what he has done at Wigan , Limited budget and he's even turned Mr Bramble into Wigans player of the Season . There's no doubt about his experience in this league and i think that's the kind of man we're looking for . Not to mention he has also turned Wigans back line into a tough nut to crack , and our defence needs to be much harder to break down and i honestly believe the players are there to do this we just need some stability . The one name that i think will finish us and our ambitions personally is Sven .

3. egg211082

egg211082 Registered User

Supports:
    Sunderland Afc, Wrexham Fc

4. Frosty

Frosty YNWA

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I think Steve Bruce will do good. He got Wigan into a decent Premiership team with a limited budget, so i believe he'll do it for Sunderland, especially with some coin behind him. If he does become the manager, hopes he doesn't waste the money on worthless players.

5. AdzSAFC

AdzSAFC SIX IN A ROW FTM

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
    Well then if this is anything to go by, then Bilic is possibly a leading candidate.

Although I've voiced my reservations about him previously, the link with him does offer more excitement than you get with Strachan, Curbishley and even Bruce. Now despite wanting someone with previous experience in the English game, I think I'd rather follow the unfamiliar road and appoint Bilic as opposed to Strachan.

6. Nyron4england

Nyron4england Registered User

Supports:
    Sunderland
    I'd go with having Bilic over Strachan, but I'd have Bruce over Bilic probably. Looks like he is being lined up for the Celtic job though is he not?

7. JoeH.

JoeH. Lockiebot.

Supports:
    Arsenal, England
    Shit for brains eh? Well, Mr. "he mentioned another team therefore he must support them," you sould try engaging your brain before you respond. "Your" best youth player!?!? Plank.

And it clearly wasn't tongue-in-cheek. This £200m figure has blinded you. Bearing in mind you spent, what, £60m to £80m, over the past two seasons to amass a whopping, would-usually-get you relegated, 36 points then good luck with that £200m - you might be pushing mid-table saftey if you're lucky. :therethere

But no doubt to you "any manager we like" and £200m probably makes you think you can challenge for the Champions League. :dunce:

PS. Real mature username you've got there too.

#267 JoeH., May 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2009
  8. JoeH.

JoeH. Lockiebot.

Supports:
    Arsenal, England
    Ah, a balanced view from a Sunderland fan.

Tbh, I think it would have been lucky, against expectation, to have secured Jol. Hamburg was a very good job 50,000+ fans and a much higher chance of getting into Europe than with Sunderland. And when the Ajax job came up, there's only one winner in Ajax v Sunderland.

SGE I suppose you might have a chance because the man is an absolutely money-whore. But on track record, SGE is far, far above Sunderland. And I've seen no concrete rumors - or even mentions - that Sunderland or SGE are interested in each other. Tbh, he's the guy I think you should go for if your ambitions are serious but like I said, Sunderland would be punching way above their weight if they did get him.

Besides, Bruce would be a very good appointment. Sunderland's aim for the next 5-10 years should just be to become an established Premiership club. They've been a yo-yo club since the 90s so mid-table for 5 years with 50-55 points would be a great achievement. But I think you will need every penny of that £200m for this to happen. Don't try to run before you can walk.

9. **FTM**

**FTM** Registered User

Supports:
    The link with Man City was actually your username:whistle As for the rest got bored trying to decipher it. :therethere

10. **FTM**

**FTM** Registered User

Supports:
    Whelan has said today is D-Day for Bruce and all this whilst Mancini is in for the job.I'd love us to get Mancini in but to be fair it looks more like Bruce and if it is i'll be right behind him!

11. AdzSAFC

AdzSAFC SIX IN A ROW FTM

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
  12. Nyron4england

Nyron4england Registered User

Supports:
    Sunderland
    Sky bet, Paddypower and Billy Hillhave stopped taking bets on the next Sunderland manager, probably the other bookies have as well - I think Mancini maybe getting overlooked!

13. DanSafc

DanSafc Registered User

Supports:
    Sunderland
    If one word could some up Sunderland that would be it. I'm not too disappointed with Bruce but it looks like we've completely overlooked Mancini who said he was 'flattered' to be linked with the job.

It may well be he was just advertising himself for a bigger job elsewhere but to not even talk to the guy is complete madness. Why do we have to appoint Bruce now anyway? The transfer window doesn't even open for over a month yet, still plenty of time to find the right man for the job.

14. AdzSAFC

AdzSAFC SIX IN A ROW FTM

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may31i.html :cool:

15. **FTM**

**FTM** Registered User

Supports:
    My balls just twitched :laugh:

16. TOON TOON NUFC

Supports:
    Newcastle United
    They proubly do for you inbred mackems! you proubly have 3 balls!Thats a proublem with mackems they cant tell if there related!

Mackem bitch:therethere

17. **FTM**

**FTM** Registered User

Supports:
    Spell check?

18. DanSafc

DanSafc Registered User

Supports:
    Sunderland
    And he has the audacity to call us inbreds...:laugh:

19. **FTM**

**FTM** Registered User

Supports:
    He's obsessed man 14 posts and more than half in here. :laugh:

20. VivaNedFlanders

VivaNedFlanders Keeping The Faith, Always

Supports:
    Newcastle
    And a certain Sundererland fan from the North of Ireland is kicking his heels now, Mrs Doubtfire must be getting twitchy.......