1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Newcastle Takeover

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by A Gooner, May 27, 2019.

1. SAFC7777

SAFC7777 Registered User

Supports:
    Sunderland
    Wonder why the ‘ultra rich’ owners are yet to get rid of Bruce? Reluctant to pay him out? This takeover has been planned for years and they look so disorganised, and Amanda Stavely didn’t even attend the extraordinary premier league meeting, it was Mike Ashley’s pal Lee Charney. It’s almost like this takeover isn’t the Man City style crusade they anticipated. I’ve also heard a few reports of anti-semitism in Newcastle city centre on Sunday, so not only are the mags donning tea towels on their head to follow their new leaders, Holocaust denial seemingly rearing its ugly head on Tyneside too?

SJ Mackem likes this.
  2. The Doc

The Doc Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Narrative.
    Does.
    Fit.
    Not.
    The.

Rearrange to make a sentence. :laugh:

3. AVA

AVA Juan Iturbe Fan Club Member

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    This made me cringe so much.

I think Newcastle is a great city but I've lost a lot of respect for their fans from this takeover. I understand being frustrated about Ashley not spending enough (in their opinion) but that so many of them have gleefully welcomed the Saudis just because they may spend some cash is mind boggling.

Think I'd rather have the owner who is a bit tight rather than one who spends but is part of a murderous regime...just my personal opinion though!

4. SAFC7777

SAFC7777 Registered User

Supports:
    Sunderland
    Then he came out with nonsense that the takeover can ‘shine a light’ on what’s happening in Saudi Arabia? Is he for real? Like the Saudi’s are going to stop persecuting homosexuals, murdering the people of Yemen, bumping off journalists and treating women like second class citizens because they now own a premier league club and will get scrutinised. The Saudi’s have been out under the microscope for decades, from the United Nations, Amnesty International etc.

Yeah the celebrations for getting rid of Ashley are fair game but the fact so many seem to be openly embracing the regime is bizarre, I genuinely don’t think any other set of football fans in the premier league would have behaved in such a fashion.

#824 SAFC7777, Oct 19, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2021
  5. SJ Mackem

SJ Mackem Red and White Army!

Supports:
    SAFC
    Shut the f*ck up, you bitter mackem.

Bitter mackems all over the place. Every other teams fans welcome this take over.

SAFC7777 likes this.
  6. SJ Mackem

SJ Mackem Red and White Army!

Supports:
    SAFC
  7. Kirby

Kirby We count the votes

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    Yeah I half expected him to start putting on a Geordie accent at that point.

Maybe he should invite ISIS to get involved with Man United.

8. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    If newcastle fans think it's bitterness of other clubs and not complete disgust at the way the game has gone and the hideous regime behind them now then they're utterly delusional.

I don't care if it's Real Madrid or Leyton Orient (or even Saints) I think it's a f*cking disgrace the Saudi's have been allowed to buy a football club. I mean putting aside the torture and murder of journalists, dissidents and gay people, putting aside the laws against women's rights, putting aside the environmental damage and price fixing of the oil regime, Saudi Arabia is a country that has part funded and trained ISIS.

How anyone, newcastle fan or otherwise, can look away from that because of sport is beyond me. Morally and ethically this is as bad as it gets in an owner.

But hey you know, Ashley didn't spend money on the training ground or something

9. Papa Francesco

Papa Francesco Registered User

Supports:
    Middlesbrough
    Shearer came out with the same shit on MOTD.

SAFC7777 likes this.
  10. Billwill

Billwill Restoration

Supports:
    Newcastle United
    The UK trades with Saudi Arabia in a big way. It looks to me that only China and the US trade with them more than we do.

Is it just a football club that should be off limits or everything?
    Arms sales aren't UK's biggest export to Saudi, so what is? - BBC News

Yes, I admit I'm self interested - perhaps like one or two others. And I'm laughing my head off that the Premier League clubs think that they can change the sponsorship rules from this point going forward whilst leaving all the other similar party arrangements already in place alone. Unenforceable! Hypocritical! Totally self serving! For what it's worth I do get it.

11. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    And? I find that equally disgusting, as do many people, many of whom raised it at the last election
    Tory links to Russia and Saudis run deep. So where’s the outrage? | Owen Jones
    Reject party donations from individuals linked to arms deals, Tory leadership candidates told
    Tory chair failed to disclose client ties with Middle East envoys

Ideally everything should be boycotting them but i very much doubt a conservative government with vested interests will.

12. JimJams

JimJams Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    I hate invested Toon Fart!

FranniesTache likes this.
  13. Leivapool

Leivapool Arrogantly inferior.

Supports:
    Liverpool
    I thought it was Everton, Leicester, West Ham etc. who were the most obviously in opposition to it. This from Ornstein yesterday in his piece about some Premier League clubs wanting rid of the new Premier League chairman mentioned it...

Ornstein: Some clubs want Premier League chairman Hoffman gone; Rashford camp upset over Solskjaer comments

14. UnitedRoad

UnitedRoad 32 Years : F*** All

Supports:
    -
    good post, but the horse bolted in terms of regimes owning football clubs when the other Arabs came along and bought city. Where was the outcry then?

that’s why I don’t really get the outrage this time. We’ve watched city’s lot come in, be arselicked by the media and do pretty much what they want. So why should we know get all dewy eyed about the Saudis doing it? Why should Newcastle fans not be all giddy, good luck to them.

and the other clubs now voting for this latest bollocks about sponsorship, I mean come on :D now they are all shitting it. Reap what you sow.

And why would city not vote against it I wonder, everything they do is by the book. Nothing I’m sure to do with how In 2011, Etihad start a 10-year, £400m stadium naming rights with the berts? No, nothing to do with that. This blag has been going on for a decade and nobody gave a toss so the wider media can spare me the bullshit now.

so in truth, I wouldn’t be remotely arsed if they come in and destroy the league. And Sunderland fans in particular can do one, the city arse licking Poznań-ing clowns have some front being upset. Shame :)

Silver Red, Foxwell and StretfordEnd like this.
  15. StretfordEnd

StretfordEnd Fools can be kings
    Staff Member

Supports:
    20 Times Champions
    The 'other clubs' have seen city's oil money buy the League over and over, and can't contemplate another club suddenly being able to outbid them for every player in both fees and wages. This move is presumably to stop city-style 'sponsorships' like Abu Dabi Prawn Flavoured Crisps giving them £50 million a year.

16. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    I’ve been moaning about it all for years to be fair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UnitedRoad likes this.
  17. Kirby

Kirby We count the votes

Supports:
    Crystal Palace

Have to say I was looking forward to giving him a world of shit (along with 3,000 Geordies) on Saturday so I'm disappointed (albeit not surprised) to see him go.

Apparently Graeme Jones will be in charge with the same coaching team so no new manager bounce at least. Pretty sure Jones was managing the team anyway.

18. Pagnell

Pagnell MISERABLE C**T

Supports:
    FSG F**KING OFF
    Really hope they end up going down. Unfortunately, I can see them getting someone decent in and spending shit loads in January so they'll have a good second half of the season and end up midtable.

They'll be paying over the odds for non-world class players though. No one of real quality will want to go there this early in their f****d up 'transformation'. Should be enough to comfortable keep them in the league.

19. Jason

Jason Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    That's the thing. They need to be really clever about what they do in January because ultimately they need the right characters for a relegation scrap.

I think next summer will be a bigger transfer window for them but only if they're in this division. I think they're in a very real danger of going down this season tbh.

It's easy to think they'll buy their way out of trouble but nobody already of good quality is likely to come mid-season, then the players they may attract might not suit a hard-fought second half of the season. It takes a lot of players time to adapt to this league as it is.

20. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    No surprise Bruce has gone - only that is took so long !

Guess someone is lined up now.

First job for them is to keep Newcastle up .