1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Newcastle Takeover

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by A Gooner, May 27, 2019.

1. SamB_SCFC

SamB_SCFC FF Old Skool

Supports:
    Stoke City
    Unless they have an amazing January I think Newcastle are gone.

2. Copacetic

Copacetic Registered User

Supports:
    Football
    The position they’ve put themselves in they will find it difficult to attract good players even with loads of cash.

Imagine what a shitshow the championship will be next season though. No point the rest of you turning up.

Donnyrovers90 and Super_horns like this.
  3. Donnyrovers90

Donnyrovers90 Registered User

Supports:
    Doncaster/ Sporting
    Although it would be funny at first, if Newcastle got relegated and attracted some good players surely they’d then win the championship and have some positivity and momentum behind them on their return to the premier league ?

It would only really delay their push up towards the top of the league by one year

4. RedDogChris

RedDogChris Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    There's no point turning up anyway these days with the financial disparity between relegated clubs and the rest of us so having Newcastle back down will make little difference

Sent from my 6025H_EEA using Tapatalk

DunblaneWolf likes this.
  5. CPFC2010

CPFC2010 Registered User

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    When they go down they’ll splash £200M ontop of the £100M they’ll spend next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Muller

Muller I like using gifs

Supports:
    European Champions Liverpool Football Club & Joel Matip
    Haaland in the championship should be a laugh tbf looking forward to it.

7. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    They'll end up signing the best Championship players or players just wanting out at a club and after a few bob and prepared to drop down a league if relegation happens.

8. SamB_SCFC

SamB_SCFC FF Old Skool

Supports:
    Stoke City
    It should guarantee promotion but it's not always that certain. Newcastle will be everyone's cup final, everyone will want to put one over them. There will be huge pressure from the owners and fans, if they don't get a fast start the manager could get sacked early on and it could turn into a circus. Then there's the personalities of the players they'll be buying. If they'd rather go to The Championship for more money, rather than a big European league, it might say a lot about where their career priorities lie and if they don't get a fast start they might lose interest quickly. They could also just end up getting fleeced by everyone because everyone knows they have money and everyone knows they're desperate for new players. They could end up paying top 6 money for bottom half Premier League players.

They'll probably piss it but there's no guarantee in The Championship and Newcastle always have the ability to turn things into a circus.

9. Copacetic

Copacetic Registered User

Supports:
    Football
    They stormed it twice before in recent memory without much difficulty from those factors.

10. WhiteRussian

WhiteRussian Registered User

Supports:
    MK Dons
    I don't think that's totally fair. There's a bunch of prem players who are never going to get into the top half dozen teams that see european football and a good pay day at Newcastle could be irresistable. I very much doubt that Newcastle woud want to buy Chapions league class players in the first season they are owned anyway.

11. TLC

TLC FF's OverWench
    Staff Member

Supports:
    The mighty Newcastle United
    We've done dafter things in the past - never underestimate our ability to arse up a good thing :laugh:

SamB_SCFC likes this.
  12. SamB_SCFC

SamB_SCFC FF Old Skool

Supports:
    Stoke City
    They did, but the pressure will be even bigger now with how rich their owners are. Newcastle fans see this as a way back to where they believe they belong, in the top 4, and patience will be very thin if they start off badly. Especially if Howe is still there after taking them down.

They probably will storm it if they go down. But pressure can do strange things and big resources don't always guarantee success. Although we obviously haven't got anything like the resources Newcastle now have, we spent £50m after relegation and absolutely arsed it up and got nowhere near to promotion. And if you do blow it in the first season, FFP kicks in so relegation is a high risk strategy for Newcastle. Fail to go up in the first season and they could be in line for big points deductions. Think Villa were 90 minutes away from that fate a couple of years ago but won their play off final and got away with it.

13. The Unbeliever

The Unbeliever Registered User

Supports:
    LCFC
    Yea I think the only reason we got away with it was because we got promoted.
    I still think we had to pay a fine.

14. Minty

Minty Carpe Diem

Supports:
    Celtic
    I’d be very entertained at seeing Newcastle go down, after the excitement their fans had after the takeover. :laugh:

15. Billwill

Billwill Restoration

Supports:
    Newcastle United
    Newcastle fans are stressing a lot less than our haters are hoping.
    I'd agree that with every passing game without a win, the maths are pointing to a bottom three finish.
    Individual errors by barely adequate Premier League players are costing the club valuable points. It's been the tale of the season. We might indeed go down.

But there is hope of better things than just making up the numbers by playing dull park the bus football.

Since EH's arrival the football, when we've had 11 men on the pitch has already been better.

Whatever Toon league position outcome happens this season won't get Newcastle fans too upset. To our haters - they might as well enjoy the moment. But we'll turn it round with a few bumps along the way.

16. BleedsIsDead

BleedsIsDead They Love You When You're Dead

Supports:
    BHAFC

Haters :laugh:

“Hey dudes, I logged on to my MySpace blog but some bad cats were being haters and it killed my buzz, maaan” :laugh:

Billwill likes this.
  17. Pagnell

Pagnell MISERABLE C**T

Supports:
    FSG F**KING OFF
    Getting a horrible feeling Watford are going to end up letting these cnuts off the hook.

RedDogChris likes this.
  18. JimJams

JimJams Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    Watford have goals in them, think they’ve a decent chance.

19. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    We play them in January.

They will probably do enough to stay up .

20. RedDogChris

RedDogChris Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Don't worry they will get another new manager bounce soon

Super_horns likes this.