1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NFL

Discussion in 'General Sport' started by T1G3R5, Aug 15, 2009.

1. 4EVERCHELSEA

4EVERCHELSEA The name says it all

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Shit game! Patriots all the way. TFB back and Moss, Welker, Joey G and Freddie T bringing teh heat on O. The way to the SB in the AFC goes through Foxboro.

Go Pats!!

2. UnitedRoad

UnitedRoad 32 Years : F*** All

Supports:
    -
    I thought it was an excellant game. Shame about Troy, but he is a right dirty little effer who has had iot coming. Overall, the titans got mugged. You stop the run game completely, yet you still cant stop the pass attack. One more thing for now....F U CRABTREE :(

About Sky coverage, its a disgrace that there is no MNF. People say gamepass? I dont have the money, and cant afford to stay up late on mondays, I have school the next day ffs. And, im not going to have a 42 inch TV, to watch one of my favourite sports on a small computer screen. F U Nfluk, robbing bas*ards.

3. ToffeesBabe

ToffeesBabe Registered User

Supports:
    Everton
    I thought it was an excellent game too.

Why are NFL UK "robbing bastards" though??? The TV companies just aren't interested at the moment. The viewing figures for games that finish at 4am are very small, and those sorts of properties are the first things to go once they start tightening their belts.

4. CTFC-Dunkers

CTFC-Dunkers Registered User

Supports:
    Cheltenham
    I am very annoyed about the MNF (no Farve comeback at Lambeau as a result) this year but cannot wait to see the Pack v bears this Sunday. Going to be an awesome game.

Rodgers is going to tear it up.:party

5. Pete the Rover

Pete the Rover Registered User

Supports:
    Blackburn Rovers
    The only thing about Gamepass, is the cost, yeah. But what you get for £140, when you spread it over a 20+ week season, I decided it was worth it with our joke coverage this year.

When it comes to the late nights, if I ever need to be up early for a lecture, you can rewatch any game, at any point of the season, in full, so thats took care of. And im not watching it on my Laptop either, HDMI cable, very useful.

Plus then theres having NFL Network, blah blah, I sound like a salesman. Anyway. The game..

Thought it was a brilliant opening game for the season. Both of them are going to be there or there abouts come January/Febuary. But have to agree with the Titans really being robbed there. They totally shut down that offense bar falling asleep just before the half, and being dead on their feet in overtime. Have to look to there special teams having somewhat of a nightmare..

And when it comes to Troy, the Steelers are really going to miss him, but I can't really feel sorry him. As brilliant as he can be, and I wouldn't wish injury on anyone, when your as consitantly.. dirty as he can be, karmas gonna get you eventually.

6. Cardiff_Wandere

Cardiff_Wandere Neolithic Farmer.

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Madden curse! Madden Curse!

It had to happen didn't it! I wonder how Fitzgerald is going to be messed up?

I thought both d-lines were brilliant, but i think the ravens will beat the steelers for the afc north.

7. ToffeesBabe

Supports:
    Everton
    Any NCAA fans aboouuuut???

Big 10 1-0 up so far in the big ones today!!!

(I thought they'd lose both :dunce::dunce::dunce:)

8. 4EVERCHELSEA

Supports:
    Chelsea
    TATE. ****ING. FORCIER.

we may have a chance of beating the Buckeyes this year!

My thoughts so far..

We're strong up front on defense, but weak in the secondary. ND is the best pocket passing team we'll play this year and was the most dangerous matchup for us from that perspective. I'm not afraid of Pryor's arm, at least at this point in the season. I was pleased that we actually made adjustments at halftime, and played fairly well in the 2nd half after the 302(!) yard disaster in the first. ND's bread and butter was attacking Boubacar Cissoko, which was surprising because he's normally a solid CB. I was confused as to why Robinson didn't ever go away from 4 DBs. He never put in a nickel (he used our OLBs as "nickels" in situations) and when one of our starting safeties got hurt, we could've really been exposed. We need to work in Justin Turner back there, because he will be the next big corner/safety at Michigan.

Offensively, we'll continue to get better. Too many stupid lateral plays and dicking around in the backfield. When we let Tate throw on the run and throw downfield, we were great. When Minor ran right at them...we were great. Carlos Brown is a waste of space and shouldn't play again.

When we were up 11 and Cissoko dropped an easy pick six and ND came back, I thought we were toast. Forcier has balls making the throws he made. The 2nd from last offensive play when Savoy dropped the TD, Forcier scrambled around and made that play happen (while giving me a heart attack because he couldn't take a sack). That game-winning throw was world class.

9. Suffolk Punch

Suffolk Punch Be careful what you wish for

Supports:
    Ipswich Town
    Great start for the Cowboys today against the bucs.

If anyone didn't know, BBC 5 Live SX are having live commentary every Sunday night, its the Cardinals & the 49ers tonight, pretty good so far.

10. ToffeesBabe

Supports:
    Everton
  11. SJFC Craig

SJFC Craig Punk Ass Honkey

Supports:
    St Johnstone
    Impressive performance from the Vikings tonight. Thought Vick had a decent game and Adrian Peterson was excellent. Browns were unimpressive IMO.

EDIT - Forgot, yay Colts!

#71 SJFC Craig, Sep 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2009
  12. CTFC WARRIOR

CTFC WARRIOR Deadly From 3 Yards

Supports:
    Chelt-en-ham
    Gah Miami got smashed the weak secondary really exposed by Atlanta ah well see how the shats get on tonight.

13. CTFC-Dunkers

CTFC-Dunkers Registered User

Supports:
    Cheltenham
    Great win for the Pack against the Bears.:clap:

Defence we are looking v good. All we need now is the offence to kick in now.

:party

14. Cardiff_Wandere

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    (i assume you mean) Farve had a decent second half, although it looks like they need more time to gel. AP is some player to tide a team over until the passing game is completely on song.

I would be worried about the run offence for the pack, it could lead to some serious overloads against Rodgers and he could get real banged up.

The Seahawks were very impressive looking strong against a poor rams side that could be heading for the number one pick next draft.

15. ToffeesBabe

Supports:
    Everton
    OMG!!! :eeek:eeek:eeek

Lucky lucky lucky boys.

16. SJFC Craig

SJFC Craig Punk Ass Honkey

Supports:
    St Johnstone
    Yeah I probably should have said that.

Watched Skins @ Giants last night on Sky +. Should have been a bigger win for the giants, first half especially they dominated. Skins only had 4 offensive plays in the 1st quarter

17. Cardiff_Wandere

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Giants were impressive although i still expect a block buster trade for a number 1 wide out from the giants before week 6.

Patriots. only saw it today. Bills look like there offence is clicking or new england have no defence, will be interesting to see how this pans out next week.

18. ToffeesBabe

Supports:
    Everton
    The latter.

No pass rush, totally inability to stop a screen or get off the field on 3rd down, and (Todd??? :slap:) Light got schooled.

And now Mayo gone for 6-8 weeks seems to be the general consensus. Ruh roh... :coat

19. SkyBlueMatt

SkyBlueMatt The failed escape attempt

Supports:
    Coventry City
    I do have some interest in NFL, but the thing is I need a team to follow, as I have no attachment with any club I can pick which ever one I want and couldn't care less about being a glory supporter.

What I'm asking is for those who know about the NFL which team will have a good chance of success this season and have a pretty good 'Roster' (See I know the lingo already :whistle) for the future. In every sport I have ever followed I have already routed for the underdog, but its hardwork sometimes. Now I want to follow a team which have some chance of success and not a pipe dream. I have for a reason I cant remember always routed for Tampa Bay or Tennessee, not sure why. lol

Here are my requirements :p

No hillbilly state
    A realistic chance of success

20. 4EVERCHELSEA

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Patriots will be fine.. Bills wen't no huddle a fair bit and that would catch any D out.. also, we still scored 25 points and the O wasn't really that good.. there is WAY more to come from the Pats anyone thinkin' their vunerable is an idiot. the road to the SB in the AFC will go through foxboro.

BB = Best Coach in league for a reason..

Tom ****in' Brady does what Tom ****in' Brady does... their is nobody betta'.

Bills played their best game and still didn't win pats barely got outta 3rd gear all night! talk to me when the Pats are in full flow!