1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Firm Derby Sunday 11th March 2018

Discussion in 'Scottish Football' started by SusanScottishfan, Mar 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Andrew

Andrew Broken leg stuff

Supports:
    Brighton
    What a game tbf

Any chance of Rangers winning the title gone.

2. RogerRamjet

RogerRamjet Registered User

Supports:
    Celtic and Liverpool
    At least we got the win in the end. Poor defending first half

3. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

Get in there!!!!

Absolutely delighted with that.

The resilience shown by the team today was incredible. From being behind twice to having a man sent off, and I also felt a lot of decisions went against us today. We came through it all and look to have slammed the door shut on any potential title challenge.

The game itself was superb. Everybody knows that the quality isn’t always going to be of a high standard, but I still felt there was enough there to appreciate. Ntcham for example was a calm head amidst the battle going on around him, but end to end, brilliant finishing and blood and thunder. Great stuff.

Rangers showed enough to let us know that we can’t simply assume that we are going to dominate the game here for years to come. There is a definite improvement there even if they are a little short at the moment to compete over the season with us.

We really need to sort ourselves out at the back. Boyata shouldn’t be anywhere near the team for the rest of the season. He nearly gave me a heart attack today. Hendry came on and looked far more composed.

Finally, a massive shout out for Scott Bain. Thrown in for his first game since October and didn’t put a foot (or hand) wrong. Superb young man.

I am a very happy man today.

Minty likes this.
  4. pvm66

pvm66 Registered User

There was definite quality involved in 2 of our goals. It's our defending that is diabolical at times though tbf, as a collective we defended well when we went down to 10. As much as I've pointed out his flaws, Brown today stood up to be counted. We were never really under a great deal of pressure when we went ahead tbh but that was down to being well organised and disciplined (ironically given we had a red card).

Boyata is a mare at times and someone jokingly said he's having an Efe day. I would rather have Efe in there than him.

They also proved they are average at best and remember that a fair few of their so called better players won't be there next season and they also don't even have a manager. This is as good as it gets from them unless they spend even more money they don't have.

5. Mani

Mani Is a schilling???

Supports:
    Leeds United
    Looks like my predictions were correct. Not hard though really.

Well done me

:laugh:

6. Celtic Symphony

Celtic Symphony Registered User

Supports:
    Celtic
    That's how champions react go their noisy neighbours.

We never played that well Tbf and Rangers game plan of kicking the ball up the park got its rewards but when the chips were down and we had to dig deep after rightfully going down to ten men we turned it up a notch and apart from a sitter from Morelos we controlled the game.

On Morelos he is ****ing woeful .. The Rangers fans cant be that stupid in thinking the club actually turned down £12 million for him

On ourselves though, massive decision from Rodgers to play Boyata and he got it wrong, he was a bombscare who could have cost us today.

Brown and Ntcham had an easy time of it in the midfield as Rangers didn't have the ability to try and pass through them.

Even though we won the game Collum was a joke, Jozo deserved to go but apart from that Rangers got every 50/50 foul going.

Legaue over... Back in your box Zombies.

7. pvm66

pvm66 Registered User

Some say he is just a poor ref, I think there's more to it. Some really bad calls today and they all went against us. Again.

8. Celtic Symphony

Celtic Symphony Registered User

Supports:
    Celtic
    He was shocking. In the lead up to their first goal there was a clear foul on a Celtic player and he waved play on.

Once again as its been all season Tierney was targeted and it seems players can get away with kicking him anyway they want.

9. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

I’ve went full circle when it comes to Brown.

He was magnificent last season and has been very good this season also. He absolutely loves these games and I love the fact that he is on our side. They are desperate to have a player who will boss him but that doesn’t look like happening anytime soon.

He is a better and more rounded footballer now than at any other time in his Celtic career and I think when he does eventually bow out he is going to leave a massive gap to fill.

10. pvm66

pvm66 Registered User

John should have been off for at least 2 yellows in the first half and one of them could have been a straight red on it's own. He also let most of their hacks go unpunished but pulled and booked us for everything. Coincidence?

Last season was his best for us but today he showed that he can lead by example and in the last 20 mins or so he was head and shoulders above anyone on the park imo.

11. Ching

Ching yer eld da

Supports:
    Celtic. BDO's insolvency team. The blind loyalty of Sevco fans.
    Fret not Biffers, we absolutely shall.

There's nothing wrong in reminding the willfully obtuse that they're extremely lucky Charles Green was passing by, with an expensive pair of defibrillators in his big Yorkshire hands. What he brought back is clearly not the same thing but still, at least they have something to loosely identify with at the weekend. Loosely.

You'd think this might serve as a warning; not to endorse reckless financial behaviour and to build upon solid ground, given the numerically safe platform which exists compared to their latent rivals.

After today's result though and the complete absence of excuses available, there's only one thing which childish fans will now expect from a board who have reassured them "accelerated over-investment" is standard policy...

12. Minty

Minty Carpe Diem

Supports:
    Celtic
    He's been off form for a month.

13. ccfctommy

ccfctommy Basket Case Club

Supports:
    Coventry City, Rangers
    I thought the ref had a decent game to be honest. The fact that some on here think he was deliberately biased towards Rangers in laughable. Cannot believe Andy Walker thought an elbow to the face was harsh.

Rangers quite frankly bottled it after the red card, they had no idea on how to play with a man advantage. Morelos is a very good player but that miss was shocking to the say the least. Lets hope this wont affect him. Declan John and although he scored, Windass were both poor.

The league was never on to be honest. We have lost far to many at home. In my opinion, if Murty wants this job after this summer then he would need to beat Celtic in the Cup semi and then win the FA Cup.

14. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

It all depends on the other options surely.

If for example the alternatives were guys such as Derek McInnes, Tommy Wright etc I would imagine most Rangers fans might prefer to stick with Murty.

Personally, I would love to see him getting it full time as I think he is too nice and probably too naive which would be good for us.

As you say, it may all hinge on the Semi Final result.

15. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

Watched the highlights again and could watch that Rogic goal on repeat all day long.

Boyata though.....

16. pvm66

pvm66 Registered User

To be fair you probably thought he had a decent game as virtually all the calls went your way. He was letting you hack us with impunity and should have given John 2 cards in the first half alone, one of them possibly a straight red. There was also at least 2 fouls on Forrest when you got the first goal that he was a couple of feet away from. Both clear pulls on his jersey that could be seen from miles away and under the rules they are yellow cards. I don't want to see football go down the pansy route but yesterday it seemed that there were different sets of rules for each side.

The red card I can see why it was given but I highly doubt it would have been red if it was your player on ours. He also gave you a lot of dubious free kicks in and around our area but we got nothing at the other end and even Dembele got booked for winning a header. It was a poor performance from him yet again and yet again it was us who suffered the most from hiss "incompetence".

Morelos is average at best btw. If a club offer you even your money back for him you should take it and not kid yourself on with the paid for media pish that was spouted during the transfer window.

17. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

Dembele seemed to get pulled up every time he made any sort of physical challenge.

18. pvm66

pvm66 Registered User

Yeah he did and there was an obvious imbalance in the decision making yesterday.

19. Minty

Minty Carpe Diem

Supports:
    Celtic
    It definitely was a red card, but I do think the referee had a poor game.

First example being, failing to call for a foul on Forrest, just before your first goal.

20. Lisbon 67

Lisbon 67 Registered User

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    It was only ever noise.

A fantastic performance when you consider the circumstances.