1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our ridiculous defensive form

Discussion in 'Everton' started by Lockie, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Lockie

Lockie Banned

Supports:
    Weston-super-Mare, Everton
    5 in a row now.

2. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Good job I kept Howard and Lescott in my Telegraph FF team.

Knew they'd come good in the end.

3. RoyalBlue9

RoyalBlue9 Registered User

Howard had nothing to do all game today. Jagielka has become an absolutely outstanding centre half. I've lost count of how many times he's made a last ditch tackle, or crucial header, or interception. Simply unbelievable how good a player he has become.

In general, though, Moyes has always had this team playing sound defensively except for the small stretch at the beginning of this season. We always have numbers back, and are tough to break down. It's one of his biggest strengths as a Manager.

What's impressed me more is how well we are creating chances. Since Yakubu went down, we are playing some fun to watch, free-flowing football. Our best chance to score is still on set-pieces like today, but we are creating a lot more chances. Arteta has been fantastic since being moved to the centre of midfield. We are not playing as much long ball now and Cahill has been outstanding holding the ball up and allowing our midfielders to join the attack. Great stuff.

Unbeaten in 5 premier league games, clean sheets in our last 6 games in all competitions. We can't be in any better form going into the Derby.

4. phil1878

phil1878 Registered User

Looking in great shape for next week. All the pressure is on the red half, with rafa already showing it with his comments on fergie, and then liverpool failing to win. So much more confident going into the derby than last time at goodison.

5. DeadlyDemon

DeadlyDemon Spurs optimist

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Everton's defensive form was pissing me off.. I now see Lescott's near the top of the defender's list in points on fantasy football :no:
    Done brilliantly lately :thumb
    On another note - still no strikers and still winning :hmmm

6. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Blow to lose Fellaini for the derby games though?

I haven't seen him make any bad tackles as such...it is just a number of silly petty fouls each game that the refs just pick up on so booked the lad.

7. prolifik

prolifik TAKE THAT FOR DATA

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Jagielka has impressed me whenever I've seen him this season. Would you say he's been your best player so far?