1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

overzealous stewards

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by navyboy72, Nov 11, 2018.

1. BoroWill

BoroWill Registered User

Supports:
    Middlesbrough
    If I was you I’d write a letter directly to Gibson. It will be read, I can promise you that, and as long as you haven’t lied about any aspects of your story then common sense will prevail.

2. borobob

borobob Registered User

Did you get turfed out at the following home game? If so how did they recognise you and did you really go overboard with the steward?

3. navyboy72

navyboy72 Registered User

Supports:
    middlesbrough
    No they seen me with the activated tickets the steward I said the name to pointed me out to the area supervisor and the senior steward came to eject my wife and I. The senior steward stood in the corner I’m in bottom south stand a block and a half away but he claims he lip synced me
    and yes the next home game. Which was 10 days later.

4. borobob

borobob Registered User

South Stand Stewards are notoriously pedantic as fook. Have the club been in touch with you? Surely they can't just take your tickets away and not give you any more information?
    As for the steward saying he lip synced you swearing at the other steward well that is blatantly just a lie and could work in your favour.

5. navyboy72

navyboy72 Registered User

Supports:
    middlesbrough
    No nothing from the club was going to ring tomorrow and ask what happens from now. My eyes it was a heat of the moment and it should stay that way. Or we will all have st taken away for shouting at the ref or the away fans seems a bit childish in my eyes. But will find out when I call them

6. johnnyT

johnnyT Registered User

Supports:
    Everton
    "It’s the clubs property and they reserve the right to confiscate it from anyone at any time"

yes

7. StretfordEnd

StretfordEnd Fools can be kings
    Staff Member

Supports:
    20 Times Champions
    Good luck. :hopefully

8. BoroWill

BoroWill Registered User

Supports:
    Middlesbrough
    :therethere

9. sharon.beech21

sharon.beech21 Registered User

Supports:
    Stoke City F C
    The Stewards take the piss if they are one one one with someone they will say something. If there is more people there they would have said nothing.I think they are out of order penalizing your wife if she said nothing. They need to do their job properly at the end of the game when the gangways are always blocked but then they are nowhere to be seen. I think they have gone over the top by taking your season tickets from you. I would write to the club and explain your situation and if that fails go to the local paper. Good Luck hope you get your season tickets back

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

10. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Registered User

Supports:
    None

A staff member abused for insisting on trying to keep the gangways clear for safety reasons? Mmmm, good luck with that appeal.

Having said that, you should definitely get your season ticket back but stewards are there for a reason (even though 60% of them appear to either be complete power mad twats or people who look like they could hardly be arsed to drag their fat lardy arses out of bed to attend the game, let alone actually be trusted to do anything if they were needed) and the club will say their instructions need to be heeded in the interests of everyone's safety. It's not a democracy, they don't have to have a discussion with every individual to come to a decision when it's right to move and when it isn't. If they say shift, you should shift.

I'd put money on that being the club's view (apart from admitting that they employ are large percentage of overweight twats who look like the only exercise they ever get is bending down to tie their laces)