1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pardew out.

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by JediCpfc, Oct 29, 2016.

1. JediCpfc

JediCpfc Registered User

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    Just **** off you arrogant ****.

2. SaddlerJack

SaddlerJack Registered User

Supports:
    Walsall
    You've lost against one of the best teams in the league and you suddenly want him out.

Who's going to replace him?

3. JediCpfc

JediCpfc Registered User

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    11 wins out of 37 competitive games.

5 league wins in 2016. He's a **** and shit ****.

StillHurts31 and Steve1956 like this.
  4. Steve1956

Steve1956 Respect

Supports:
    Burnley
    Please wait till a week on Sunday till you feck him off ....Pardew out a week on Sunday ! ;)

5. Donnyrovers90

Donnyrovers90 Registered User

Supports:
    Doncaster/ Sporting
    I don't think that's the case is it, many have wanted him gone for a while

6. PorkchopExpress

PorkchopExpress He's super strong, and super naked!

Supports:
    Manchester United
    His "victory" dance is the cup final sums him up for me. So arrogant for no reason.

I hate when he "turns down" the England job in interviews when he hasn't even been offered it.

7. Chrysalis

Chrysalis deleted

Supports:
    Leicester City
    lost to the current champions and the 2016-2017 champs and hit panic button.

MullereD likes this.
  8. GDP

GDP Palace

It's getting pretty hard to defend him in all honesty. The run that we've been on in 2016 is relegation form and then some, we need a massive change of form and some positivity around the place.

Pardew has said that he wants to change the way that we play but a counter attacking game was what we were good at. Leicester won the league last season playing that way and there's nothing wrong with it.

We've seemed to have lost some of our heart and soul, what made us what we are.

Of course he's capable of turning it around, he's well known to get on good and bad runs but we desperately need a change in fortune.

9. Mitch_wfc

Mitch_wfc VIP

Supports:
    Watford
    JFH

10. ritchie_50

ritchie_50 Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Pardew is the type of manager who can have a positive effect for a year or so, but it will always unravel. He's the type of manager who will never be successful because whenever he starts doing well it goes to his head and the slump is always around the corner. The cup final is actually a good example. Palace score and his reaction is to find a camera to start dancing and they soon lose the lead. They should have been able to see the game out against a poor team.

He was at Newcastle too long and he's been at Palace too long. And Palace was the right fit for him as he's an ex-hero there. I suppose he's been unfortunate to lose two FA Cup finals after late equalisers. You've got to find a way to win them though.

11. Silas

Silas Fabulous patriot.

Supports:
    Newcastle United
    Wait I thought he was great? :bananadance

12. Frosty

Frosty Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Agreed. Problem with Pardew, when things are going well, he just doesn't know how to maintain it and when it starts to unravel, he doesn't know how to get out of it.

13. ritchie_50

ritchie_50 Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    He can't maintain it because he lets it go to his head and he gets found out. He thinks he's Guardiola after a few wins. Arrogance personified.

14. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Registered User

Supports:
    None

In other words, a shit manager then?

15. Frosty

Frosty Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    If you want to put it that way.

16. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Registered User

Supports:
    None
    Well it certainly sound like the definition of one. A bloke who can't manage when his team is doing well and doesn't know how to turn it around when they're not doesn't sound like the kind of manager any team would want. As has been said above, I think he's an "impact manager". One who does well at clubs for a period of time but lacks the vision/ability to take them forward.

To think some were talking about him as the next England manager not very long ago made me giggle then and makes me laugh even more now.

17. RiccardoPiccio

RiccardoPiccio Registered User

Supports:
    Wigan Athletic
    I think it would be rash to get rid of Pardew just now imo. But i can certainly see why fans could now start to call for a change, throughout 2016 they barely have got any wins and had that horrific run during last season of 14 games without a win from 19th of December to 9th April.

November is a massive month for Pardew though, no question, the next 4 games for Palace are Burnley (a), Man City (h), Swansea (a) and Southampton (h). If they fail to get a haul of at minimum 4/5 points from those games and slide into 15th place or below, he could then find it hard to survive in the job too much longer. The Southampton game takes place at the beginning of December which is 1 month before the January window opens and is often a time for managers to fear as club owners can get a new man in for the middle of December/Christmas period games to give him a 3/4 game period to assess a squad before the Jan transfer window.

Not to forget that Palace now have new controlling shareholders who did not appoint Pardew, they have supported him so far, but a bad November and they may be tempted to bring in their own man in December.

18. Jonny Ninja

Jonny Ninja witty unpredictable talent and natural game

Supports:
    West Ham United
    He's not a shit manager, he has plenty of relative success with the teams he's managed. But he does have these up and down patches with every club

Be careful what you wish for; Palace fans should remember warnock and Holloway in the last few seasons! Spending a decent amount of money doesn't guarantee you top 10, especially when all of your rivals have money to spend. The OP whinges about every fckin palace manager, I'm just surprised this thread wasn't made 9 months ago

Richie123 and Adam like this.
  19. CPFC2010

CPFC2010 Registered User

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    To be fair people like Jedicpfc are the minority. Most of us back him 100%.

What I will say though is that our defence yesterday was terrible, if not the worst I've seen it since we got promoted. We used to be known for good defending and catching teams on the break. I don't whether it was because Tomkins and Dann haven't played much with each other, but the defence yesterday was piss poor. Beaten to everything and they looked scared to go and attack the Liverpool players when they had the ball.

I'd have Delaney back in the team for our next game.

Jonny Ninja likes this.
  20. MullereD

MullereD Chief of Deflection

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Tbf to your defence that is as good as we have looked in attack this season and we didn't let you breathe the first half.