1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peterborough vs Ipswich

Discussion in 'EFL League One' started by Suffolk Punch, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Suffolk Punch

Suffolk Punch Be careful what you wish for

Supports:
    Ipswich Town
    We have sold 4,000 away tickets for this so there should be a cracking atmosphere for what is one of our shortest away trips of the season. I'm going myself and I haven't seen us win away since a 2-1 win at Gillingham in 2004 so if that's not an omen for a home win then I don't know what is.

We were unlucky not to win last weekend against Sunderland. I think it is fair to say we bossed most of the game and Sunderland's goal came from a bad Luke Chambers mistake and what was there only shot on target in the whole match. If we play like that then it should be enough for 3 points in most games.

I expect we will go 4-5-1 in this game depending on Luke Garbutt's fitness

Holy
    Donacien - Chambers - Woolfenden - Kenlock
    Skuse - Downes
    Rowe - Judge - Garbutt
    Norwood​

2. Thijssen

Thijssen Registered User

Supports:
    Ipswich Town
    Considering we’ve only ever beaten Peterborough twice, and only once in the last 47 years, I’ll be optimistic and say Peterborough 4-1 Town.

Should be a good atmosphere and a tough game. Need to get it together at the back if we’re to get anything.

3. Suffolk Punch

Supports:
    Ipswich Town
    About time we got revenge for the 7-1 and inflicting Paul Taylor on us :thumb

Peterborough seem to have had a poor start so I am expecting them to bounce back. I'd probably take a point right now if I was offered it. 5 points and staying unbeaten through 3 tricky games would be a good start to life in League One.

4. Thijssen

Thijssen Registered User

Supports:
    Ipswich Town
    Indeed, it would be a great start, although I’m not counting any chickens. Hiding behind the sofa is more like it.

That day will be engraved on my mind forever, still gives me nightmares. Just to make doubly sure, is there any chance you might reconsider going on Saturday?! Not really, I’m a bit jealous to be honest, hopefully will be a lot of fun.

5. NotsoPosh

NotsoPosh Common As Muck !

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    I'd settle for a shot on target tbh.

Was going to be my 1st of my 10 game part season ticket but had surgery last weekend & my wounds need re dressing & the only appointment available makes it clash with the game so have swapped for Bolton on December 12th instead , better chance of a positive result.

Reckon a draw , 4k very impressive , just seen Luton just scored in Carabao against you , looks like about 1,500 there as well with extra allocation being it's a Cup game.

Enjoy your day , hope you lose though :laugh: .

How many will we get for match at Portman Road in February ?

6. Suffolk Punch

Supports:
    Ipswich Town
    Initial allocation will be 2,000 I imagine with more on offer if you sell those and depending on where we are in the league at that point.

We've made 10 changes from the weekend and I would imagine the only two starting tonight who have a chance for the weekend is Judge and Chambers.

7. Thijssen

Thijssen Registered User

Supports:
    Ipswich Town
    With Garbutt out I reckon there’s a good chance Judge will play however he sets up. Doesn’t seem to be in any form though. Chambers surely nailed on.

8. NotsoPosh

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    We've played traditional 4-4-2 home to Fleetwood mainly to accommodate George Boyd in his new central midfield role with Marcus Maddison & Siriki Dembele both on the wings along with Ivan Toney & Mo Eisa up top ( away team solution ) sit back , wait for mistake & counter attack , easy 3 points for Fleetwood .

Played 4-2-3-1 League game at Oxford , didn't create much lost 1-0 but game was close & probably correct result.

Last night the " Fergie Diamond " was back in full effect & we played better but with a more defensive measure & maybe deserved a draw.

What formation , what team for Saturday :confused who knows .

Lose Saturday , & struggle away at Fake Don's then back at home against the Mackems then come September it may well be new manager in the door not living up to all the pre season hype which tbh wouldn't bother me in the slightest !

9. Suffolk Punch

Supports:
    Ipswich Town
    Unfortunatly...

Wonder if we may go 4-5-1 but with Jackson on the left and Judge behind Norwood. We can't go 4-4-2 with Judge on the left, it just doesn't work. We do have Gwion Edwards back but I can't see him playing 2 games in a week after not having a pre-season. Other option would be to either give Dobra another go after he apparently played well last night or Dozzell after he had a decent game on the right of a front three against Leeds on the last day of the season.

Thijssen likes this.
  10. Thijssen

Thijssen Registered User

Supports:
    Ipswich Town
    Where does Boyd play in that diamond? I have to say I’d fancy Downes and Skuse against Boyd if you played 4-4-2 with him in the middle.

11. c.bland96

c.bland96 Registered User

Supports:
    Sunderland
    If you are to play as well as you did first half against Sunderland last week fancy you should have enough to win, although obviously haven’t had the chance to see P’boro yet to compare!

12. NotsoPosh

Supports:
    P. U. F. C.
    Behind the 2 strikers , leaving Woodyard to run his ar*e off trying to cover everything because if Maddison & Dembele play their defensive duties are limited , just sit back , wait for us to make a mistake & counter attack & or play balls over top of defence , no pace centrally , it's easy to beat Posh .

I do think it'll be a draw today , we never seem to win at home in front of big crowds.

13. Thijssen

Thijssen Registered User

Supports:
    Ipswich Town
    If that’s the case then sounds as if the 4-3-3 is the best bet, Skuse will need to watch him though.

Sitting back is something we’re rubbish at, normally leads to us conceding comical goals. Should be a good game, would take a point all day.

14. EssexTractor

EssexTractor Registered User

Supports:
    Ipswich
    Stole a point there, we were not good. Defence couldn’t cope with Toney and whole teams just generally not good enough.

4014 Town fans though at least saw a last minute goal!

15. Suffolk Punch

Supports:
    Ipswich Town
    We were very very poor, as EssexTractor says we were very lucky to get a point. It was never a free-kick for Posh's equaliser but then I didn't think it was a penalty when Norwood missed.

5 points from 3 tricky games is a decent opening for us but we need to kick on with 3 winnable games in the next couple of weeks.