1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PNE vs Huddersfield

Discussion in 'Championship' started by McKenna's Wand, Nov 5, 2019.

1. McKenna's Wand

McKenna's Wand Registered User

Supports:
    Preston
    No Pearson for this one :cry:, think they're also missing Hogg who is an important player for them.

Not sure if Daniel Johnson will be available, Neil didn't seem too concerned but DJ looked in pain.

Interesting to see if Stockley keeps his place or if we go for pace up top.

Possible team: Rudd, Fisher, Bauer, Davies, Rafferty, Ledson, Gallagher, Browne, Bodin, Maguire, Barkhuizen

Subs: Ripley, Hughes, Storey, Potts, Bayliss, Green, Stockley

2. ShorhamBlade

ShorhamBlade Registered User

Supports:
    Sheffield United
    Score draw or PNE win

3. TomPNE94

TomPNE94 Registered User

Supports:
    PNE
    Sounds like DJ will be alright but who knows.

Think Stockley has done enough to keep his place but depends on how Neil thinks they will set up I imagine. I've given up trying to guess what he'll do cos invariably I get it wrong.

4. Schindler

Schindler Registered twat

Supports:
    Huddersfield Town
    Hoping for a repeat of the Brentford game. I’m sure we’ll see a similar lineup (Hogg suspended though) and a similar set up. PNE fans get ready for some (10 men behind the ball, timewasting, anti-football rubbish) - Brentford fans.

Going for 1-1. Grant to score.

TomPNE94 likes this.
  5. TomPNE94

TomPNE94 Registered User

Supports:
    PNE
    We're the masters of shithousing so we can't have any complaints when it's done to us, sure our fans will still bitch and moan about it though.

Would absolutely love to go into the break with another win but the Cowley's seem to have got you very organised and you have dangerous players on the break that will cause us problems. I fancy an away win.

Schindler likes this.
  6. McKenna's Wand

Supports:
    Preston
    Previous seasons I'd have been concerned about 'negative' teams coming to Deepdale, feels different this year.

Home run continues.

7. Ooh-to-be-a...

Ooh-to-be-a... Registered User

Supports:
    Huddersfield town
    I'm thinking Chalobah a straight replacement for Hogg with O'Brien and Bacuna further forward, and Flo if Jaden Brown doesn't make it.

Grabara
    Simpson, Elphick, Schindler, Brown (Hadergjonaj)
    Chalobah
    Bacuna, O'Brien
    Kachunga, Campbell, Grant​

Schindler likes this.
  8. terrier4eva

terrier4eva Registered User

Supports:
    Huddersfield Town
    Would have Stanković over Chalobah. Chalobah's shit IMO...

9. Ooh-to-be-a...

Supports:
    Huddersfield town
    Reading between the lines I think the Cowley's see Stankovic more as centre half cover rather than DM, as for Chalobah well he wouldn't be the first name on the team sheet for me that's for sure he may come good but I'm not holding my breath.

10. Blind Bigot

Blind Bigot Blind & Totally Bigotted

Supports:
    The Mighty Terriers.
    To continue the line of not really approving of our quality of play just now, I can't see us employing any different tactics to those on display on Saturday. Obviously they brought success in the form of 3pts, so if we achieve that again I'll be pleased, however I must confess, I hope we don't persist with such tactics once we've pulled well and truly clear of shark infested waters. If indeed we do! :hmmm

Bring em on!!!!! :D

11. McKenna's Wand

Supports:
    Preston
    Away from home I couldn't give a shit how we get the points, in fact, I prefer it when the opposition spend the rest of the weekend crying and cursing us.

At home, I want to be entertained, think we've found that balance this year but obviously takes time.

Ooh-to-be-a... likes this.
  12. Ooh-to-be-a...

Supports:
    Huddersfield town
    That's my take on it too, points away from home are hard enough to gain without having to play beautiful football at the same time, at home though I expect us to attack whenever possible be it versus Liverpool or Bradford.

Throw into the equation the fact that after 8 games we had a grand total of one point a new manager coming in and playing expansive football isn't exactly going to be the first thing on his agenda.

I can't make this one so I hope we stink the place out, grab a breakaway goal and shut up shop then let the whinging commence :laugh:

13. Blind Bigot

Supports:
    The Mighty Terriers.
    That's fair enough mate if that's how you see things, I think I know where you're coming from. However, I'm only happy to go along with 'park a bus and catch on the break football' as desperate measures. Basically, we were (could still could be!) in free fall. Once we steady the ship I want to see us playing free, expansive football, as we've become used to in recent years. It took our crowd some time to get used to possession football under Wagner, which I loved, so I'd hate us to return to that 'gerrit foward' and scrap for it football. :hmmm

14. McKenna's Wand

Supports:
    Preston
    I don't think the Cowley's have ever really played a possession game, think they've always opted for a more direct, organised, effective style in general from what i've read.

The thing I like the most about Neil is that we have numerous ways of playing this year, we can play a possession game, we can play on the counter, we can go long... it doesn't matter.

After no top flight football for 58 years, i'll take the points however way they come this season.

15. Blind Bigot

Supports:
    The Mighty Terriers.
    Yes I agree, that's the general impression people have of the Cowley's brothers style! I'm hoping they might recognise that some of our players have considerably more football ability than the 'direct approach' requires. Could be wrong of course but in my view, playing League One style for any length of time gets you exactly where you probably belong - League One!!!! :hmmm

#15 Blind Bigot, Nov 7, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  16. dave_htfc

dave_htfc Registered User

Supports:
    hudds
    Tell that to warnock.

17. Blind Bigot

Supports:
    The Mighty Terriers.
    I'm not talking about success here - you can't knock Neil W's successes over the years which is fair to say has almost always been achieved by playing the brand of football I hate watching. - Hoof it forward and scrap for it

I realise football fans are probably split on this, between those who don't care what they're watching as long as their loved team wins and on the other hand, those who want to be entertained by the type of football they personally could never ever have played themselves. In our case, I'm happy enough to see us scrap our way out of the shit we're in but, as I've commented above after we've achieved a fair degree of safety then I prefer to see what we can do 'football' wise. I truly believe we have some players who could set the Championship alight and to stifle them beyond what is necessary would, in my view, be bloody criminal.

Just my view obviously and I understand after 60odd seasons watching Town where the win at all cost mentality comes from but perhaps a good compromise would be McKenna's Wand suggestion above i.e. play your good stuff at home and keep it tight and play on the break away from home? :salute:

18. Blind Bigot

Supports:
    The Mighty Terriers.
    Danny Cowley - Championship Manager of the Month!!!! :clap:

Arise ye magic smoke from the Old Leeds Road Lamp!!!!! :laugh:

19. McKenna's Wand

Supports:
    Preston
    How's that curse been holding up recently?

20. Blind Bigot

Supports:
    The Mighty Terriers.
    That curse is superstitious nonsense mate! :rolleyes