1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PNE vs Swansea

Discussion in 'Championship' started by McKenna's Wand, Jan 8, 2019.

1. McKenna's Wand

McKenna's Wand Registered User

Supports:
    Preston
    Things are looking better in terms of player availability, we could really do with 3pts after a crap festive period and that shit show in the FA Cup.

Pearson will be back from his 4 match ban, Browne is available again following a tight hamstring and Maguire & Barker should be fit enough to make the bench again, possibly Earl too, wouldn't be starting any of them just yet. Add them to the three new signings and potentially a new keeper and we look in much better shape. Still in the market for a right back too.

At least 6 changes from Sunday hopefully.

Possible XI: Rudd, Clarke, Huntington, Storey, Hughes, Pearson, Johnson, Browne, Potts, Barkhuizen, Stockley

Subs: Hudson, Fisher, Earl, Ledson, Gallagher, Nmecha, Maguire

2. Poole Jack

Poole Jack Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea City
    No idea what our line up will be. Potter has been rotating 5 or 6 since August every game hence our yoyo results. Maybe the two and half matches may give him a clue to our best 11.

Good memories of Preston away.. 1981 winning to get promotion to the old Div 1 and Bodde's wonder goal from 3 miles out around 2006 I think.

3. McKenna's Wand

Supports:
    Preston
    That goal was an absolute belter, great player, shame about the injuries.

4. McKenna's Wand

Supports:
    Preston
    Fingers crossed Ripley goes straight in at number 1.

Looking forward to seeing the new guys, although unfair to expect instant results from them.

5. Griffin71

Griffin71 Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea
    Robbed by horrible refs, nothing new I guess....

6. McKenna's Wand

Supports:
    Preston
    Woeful game of football which has left us with some defensive problems for the next game.

Stockley impressed on his debut and Potts did ok, promising from them but overall we were poor today.

7. Cotterill:49

Cotterill:49 Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    Really should be winning that sort of game, I don't think Preston were up to much at all and on the ball they didn't have much of an idea at all. I'd need to see the penalty again, but it looked sceptical to say the least. Yeah, I've watched it back and it's hit Roberts on the side of his body, really poor decision that has cost us.

8. prestonmike

prestonmike Registered User

Supports:
    preston
    I was impressed with some of the football Swansea played today but overall i don't really think either side did enough to win the game, neither keeper had much to do
    We were lucky with the penalty, but we should have had a penalty a couple of minutes later for a foul on Clarke which wasn't given. Earl's 1st yellow was very soft and thought he won the ball for the 2nd but when on a yellow already, he shouldn't have dived in like that right in front of the linesman

9. McKenna's Wand

Supports:
    Preston
    All three of our midfielders were poor today, Browne didn't look fit at all and Pearson looked terrified of committing a foul.

10. Missionary

Missionary First Double Winners!

Supports:
    The one and only North End
    Remember that game and the old stadium. Turned up to be outnumbered 4-1 by Swansea fans! Incredible turnout!

Also remember a jack with a spiders web tattooed to his face who threw his pie at us as we were next to the Swansea fans those days!

Also remember travelling all day to the vetch to find out the game was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch! Went up to the mumbles to watch the grand national and that was postponed due to a bomb scare!