1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QF2: David-Joga bonito vs Enn-Shob

Discussion in 'Football Draft Forum' started by Joga bonito, Jun 14, 2019.

?

Who would win?

1. David-Joga bonito

50.0%
  2. Enn-Shob

50.0%
  1. Joga bonito

Joga bonito "play beautifully"
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Liverpool, Bristol City
    QF2: David-Joga bonito vs Enn-Shob

[​IMG][​IMG]

Solid 4-3-3 formation.

Team based on the great synergy between Eriksen and Kane - two of Spurs best players last season that went on to reach CL final and top 4 finish. The team is complimented by Sterling who had a phenomenal season - 31 goals and 13 assists for club and country for the past season and Insigne - 16 goals 6 assists on the opposite flank.

In midfield we have 2 of the brightest prospects and one of the best midfielders in their respective positions for last season - Rodri and De Jong.

In defence - Hummels led Bayern to another title, Wan Bissaka proved to be the top RB in Premiership for the last season and currently wanted by United for record fee. Maguire who started off with great WC with England and solidified his name in England.

On the left is Alex Sandro - everpresent for Juve in their title winning campaign and on goal Peter Gulasci who was BL best keeper for the past season.

2. Joga bonito

Joga bonito "play beautifully"
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Liverpool, Bristol City
    Match thread open.

3. Enn

Enn Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Thanks Joga. Pasting our write up as well.

Solid 4-3-3 formation.

Team based on the great synergy between Eriksen and Kane - two of Spurs best players last season that went on to reach CL final and top 4 finish. The team is complimented by Sterling who had a phenomenal season - 31 goals and 13 assists for club and country for the past season and Insigne - 16 goals 6 assists on the opposite flank.

In midfield we have 2 of the brightest prospects and one of the best midfielders in their respective positions for last season - Rodri and De Jong.

In defence - Hummels led Bayern to another title, Wan Bissaka proved to be the top RB in Premiership for the last season and currently wanted by United for record fee. Maguire who started off with great WC with England and solidified his name in England.

On the left is Alex Sandro - everpresent for Juve in their title winning campaign and on goal Peter Gulasci who was BL best keeper for the past season.

4. prolifik

prolifik TAKE THAT FOR DATA

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Two evenly matched teams, but based on performances last season David & Joga's attack of Gomez, Hazard, Mane, and Auba just about shades it. Kane is hurt by injuries and his form when he came (rushed?) back.

5. Poet Gooner

Poet Gooner Whomever I draft will be underrated

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Two very good teams here, playing the same formation as well. Impossible to make a quick call. Will require closer analysis.

GK - Clear edge going to to Jan Oblak here. Gulasci might be one of the best in the Bundesliga, but Oblak is in contention for best in the world.

LB - Grimaldo had a very productive season, but I think Alex Sandro is still the better player, particularly defensively.

RB - Individually Wan-Bissaka had the better season. Piszczek, unfortunately missed a lot of games, probably due to his age. However, Wan-Bissaka, while very strong in defense, was pretty mediocre pushing forward. Not the greatest sin, but formation usually deploys marauding wingbacks. Sterling in particular enjoys playing with one.

CBs - Both veterans missed a number of games, but both did play well when they were available. I still give a slight edge to Chiellini as I think he's still the better defender. To me, Sule has had a better season and been the better player to Maguire as well.

DM - Rodri is a fine footballer, and is making his way to the top. However, his counterpart is at the top. Fernandinho was among the top 3 DMs in the world last season, imo.

CM - Thiago was one of Bayern's best performers last season. Unfortunately, De Jong is in contention for World Team of the Season, with the performances he's had in 18/19.

AM - Generally, I rate Eriksen much more highly. However, I think Eriksen had an off year this season, the first time in like 4 years. Gomez, on the other hand, had a great season, being the heartbeat of his team. Having said that, Gomez didn't play in the UCL, while Eriksen had a great run to the final. That is plenty enough to put him above Gomez.

LW - Insigne is another player who had a good season despite falling short of his previous great season. Insigne remains one of Napoli and Serie A's finest wide forward, but Hazard was, imo, the best left-side forward in the world last season, so it is a no contest for me on this one.

RW - Both had a great season. Personally, I rate Sterling a bit higher, but admittedly, it is the closest matchup in this game. In this particular case, while Mane has excelled in the RW role in the past, he didn't play many games in this role last season, while Sterling is playing in his most common position. Not a big deal, but in such a close matchup, it helps me choose the winner.

ST - Individually, Aubameyang clearly had the better season. Injuries unfortunately meant Kane couldn't reach 20+ league goals which is almost guaranteed for a fit Kane. Aubameyang, on the other hand, jointly won the top-scorer award. However, there's more to take into account. Aubameyang, didn't have a very good time being leading the line for Arsenal. The team clearly played better with Lacazette in the role, while Aubameyang focused on scoring goals. I won't hold it too much against him though as I think the team is well set up for high-tempo football, with all that pace up front, and less possession-based football at Arsenal. Just making assumptions here, since they didn't post their tactic ;) .Lastly, there is an obvious chemistry advantage for the Kane-Eriksen duo. I'll give this a draw.

Taking all that into account, I'll give the victory to Enn in an entertaining high-scoring close game.