1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QF3: Minty-prolifik vs RedDevil19-Berbasloth9

Discussion in 'Football Draft Forum' started by Joga bonito, Jun 14, 2019.

?

Who would win?

1. Minty-prolifik

54.5%
  2. RedDevil19-Berbasloth9

45.5%
  1. Joga bonito

Joga bonito "play beautifully"
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Liverpool, Bristol City
    QF3: Minty-prolifik vs RedDevil19-Berbasloth9

[​IMG]

Tactics:

Walker and Robertson are key to our formation with their ability to cover the entire flank and provide service for our front men.

We have the numerical advantage in midfield, and our opponent lacks creative passers to supply their forwards. They will be constantly pushed back given the need to track the runs of Fernandes from deep.

All our defenders are excellent ball-players, and our opponent's negative tactics will give them ample opportunities to step forward and initiate moves from the back.

Lewandowski and Mbappe is as lethal a front two as you'll fine, and combined with Fernandes give us a far superior goal threat.

[​IMG]

Playing with 5-4-1

The idea is to shut up shop, and catch the opposition on the counter, we have the perfect players for it.

Marquinhos playing as the middle centre back is perfect as he can bring the ball out from the back and use the pace on the wings as an outlet.

Busquets has been one of the best shields in front of the back for the last 10 years, he has added help with the industry of Jordan Henderson.

With the pace on the wings and a predator in Aguero up front, the opposition will have to be very careful when they get forward.

2. Joga bonito

Joga bonito "play beautifully"
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Liverpool, Bristol City
    Match thread open.

3. Poet Gooner

Poet Gooner Whomever I draft will be underrated

Supports:
    Arsenal
    I have to admit, at first glance, I was pretty ready to vote for Mintlifik, but after some research, Redsloth's team is a lot better than I first thought.

Onana was the best GK in the Dutch League this year, but I have no idea if that means much. He was pretty decent in the UCL though. Kepa had an alright season for a world-class talent, but certainly nothing special.

Defensively, I have to give it to Mintlifik as both Koulibaly and Pique had very good seasons compared to just the one of Marquinhos. Ramos had an off year, Azpi still as solid as ever, and Lindeldof from what I can tell was nothing special.

At first I thought Robertson and Walker was another area Mintlifik clearly wins, but apparently, Kolarov had an excellent season, almost the unanimous best left wingback in Serie A, and Kimmich was absolutely dominant in the Bundesliga. Easily one the league's best players. I think the gap between Walker and Kimmich is bigger than the gap between Kolarov and Robertson last year, so I think Redsloth actually wins this one.

Witsel had a great first half of the season, but Soler is the obvious weak link for me. I haven't watched him much (I think only 1 game lol) so I'm basing this off of reviews. He's been pretty average, and apparently spent the vast majority of his time out on the wings this year, so he's not set up to do well. Henderson and Busquets on the other hand, both had excellent seasons, easily among the best in the world at their roles last season. Easy win for Redsloth in this department.

Redsloth's attack is excellent and I think a very exciting trio. However, I just can't put them above Mintlifik's. Fernandez and Mabppe were the best player in their respective league, and Lewandowski also easily one of the best in his. It's just a ridiculous attack.

In conclusion, I give the win to Mintlifik. Their midfield should have been their undoing, but their slight advantage in defense and their unstoppable attacking trio takes them over the finish line, just.

4. Enn

Enn Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Good summary. It was Aguero that actually tipped it for me and the midfield. Aguero had a better season than Lewa and I can see RD/Berba midfield working pretty well.

Pro/Minty have more stars on show, but Ramos/Pique/Soler IMO were underwhelming choices in this one.

Very very close tho and really as the score reflects it.

5. prolifik

prolifik TAKE THAT FOR DATA

Supports:
    Manchester United
    How was Pique underwhelming? He had an excellent season.

6. Enn

Enn Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Looked me even slower than before. Maybe it’s just me mate because I don’t rate him as high as others.

7. Berbasloth9

Berbasloth9 Registered User

Supports:
    Man united
    It was one of piques better seasons but as a defender pique is terrible. gets found out when he has to play against a good attack like it showed vs Liverpool in 2nd league, aguero would have a field day vs him

8. prolifik

Supports:
    Manchester United
    He's played against Aguero many times and that has never happened, but yeah, go with that.

It's not like Mbappe and Lewa will be quaking in their boots to face Lindelof, Marquinhos, and Azpilicueta either.

9. Berbasloth9

Supports:
    Man united
    with it being 3 vs 2 they can go man on man and still have the spare to clean up..
    With you firing the wing backs forward you will be leaving tons of space to be counter attacked

10. prolifik

Supports:
    Manchester United
    You still have to account for the runs of Fernandes who scored 30+ goals from midfield. Either you will be outnumbered in midfield with whoever tracks him, or you can kiss that spare man goodbye. :)

11. Berbasloth9

Supports:
    Man united
    being slightly out numbered in the midfield isn't that big of problem, Henderson has a great work rate and can cover plenty of ground

12. Minty

Minty Carpe Diem

Supports:
    Celtic
    Lmao Pique is a great defender, you don’t stay at Barcelona for so long if you’re not up to it. He had a great season.

We should skoosh this easily.

13. Minty

Minty Carpe Diem

Supports:
    Celtic
    Busquets probably the only player I’d take from their team.

14. Poet Gooner

Poet Gooner Whomever I draft will be underrated

Supports:
    Arsenal
    I think Mintlifik should win this one as Berba and RD have voted for their team, but Prolifik hasn't.

The tournament is made up of 16 people anyway, there really should be at least 12 votes each match, if the 4 involved don't vote.

15. Berbasloth9

Supports:
    Man united
    i only voted to see how results were going well done minty and pro