1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Radio broadcasting rights over t'internet

Discussion in 'Championship' started by Geordie_Wilky, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Geordie_Wilky

Geordie_Wilky THE Geordie

Supports:
    Newcastle United
    How does that work in the Championship? Living in Leeds always made it a pain in the proverbial to pick up Newcaslte local radio on matchdays - the beeb blacked out on matchdays - but I'm presuming that was because it was the Premier League.

Is it any different down here?

2. Wycombe Royal

Wycombe Royal Waskly Wabbit

Supports:
    Reading
    No, local BBC radio do not have rights to broadcast over the internet. I believe the FLPTV own those and broadcast through the "World" services on official websites which is a subscription service.

May depend on whether Newcastle's rightr belong to FLPTV or not though.

3. borobob

borobob Registered User

All Boro games are on BBC radio Tees and can be listened to live.All Newcastle games can also be listened to on Real Radio next season,used to be Century.

4. Wycombe Royal

Wycombe Royal Waskly Wabbit

Supports:
    Reading
    But he is talking about over the internet, not on the radio. Our games have live commentary on two local stations (Reading107 and BBC Berks) but both are blacked out on the internet.

THe rights for internet broadcasts are sold seperately for the majority of clubs.

5. Geordie_Wilky

Geordie_Wilky THE Geordie

Supports:
    Newcastle United
    Aye but both Real Radio and BBC Newcastle black out on match days over t'internet. I can just about pick up Real Radio, but its a bit fuzzy... still its better than 5 live jumping from one game to the next

6. borobob

borobob Registered User

I was aware you meant the internet but I have been listening to Boro games on the internet for years both on BBC radio Tees and Century so didn't think other teams games would be an issue.

7. manemawanna

manemawanna Registered User

Supports:
    Middlesbrough
    Dunno about in the past but this year theres been a blackout on BBC Tees over the net when boro games have been on.

8. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    The "Worlds" of various clubs have the local commentry on but if its anything like ours its pretty hopeless.

9. Tas

Tas Bye league one. Hello CCC

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers
    I can't speak for the premiership i have no idea.... Why should i? ;)

Alas, All i know is that the world channels which require subscription are football league owned and they are a different body to the premiership... It may be that now your not in the premiership you would need to subscribe?

I don't really know.. but maybe some one could enlighten us more?

10. Fal

Fal #10 Fal

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers
    I found this out a few years ago, was trying to listen to the match away at Yeovil and was listening on the internet to all the build up on BBC Radio Sheffield and then as soon as it hit 3pm it cut off and said something like "Sorry this stream cannot be broadcast over the internet". Come 5pm it was back on again with Football Heaven.