Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by superyids, Aug 28, 2009.
Cheers Hugo, put in one of your worst performances tonight
Bring back Gomes!
Good time to bump this I guess
1) Lloris ( no doubt about it, a bit underrated by none Spurs fans because he has an odd error in him, but that's how he plays, he takes so many risks and gets balls no other keeper would get and if he ****s up it looks like he made an error )
2) Eriksen ( Still expect more from him, but he wins us points )
3) Kane ( probably too high up, but he's been excellent this season, his energy, goals and overall positive play is great to see. He inspires our crowd which leads to a slightly better atmosphere, invaluable )
4) Vertonghen ( Sometimes cynical and looks like he can't be arsed but he's just a great CB )
5) Fazio ( Very poor start with 2 red cards but has been rock solid in the last month and half, gives us a lot more stability at set pieces too, just better, harder and meaner than Dawson, something we needed )
6) Davies ( Probably too high but just content we have a proper left back again, slow start but playing well now )
7) Chadli ( Feel he could do a bit more but he's one of the few guys in the squad that's a goal threat )
8) Lamela ( Still gets a lot of shit spewed at him but I feel he's doing fine. Lacks a bit of end product and trying to be a bit too clever at times but he's working hard, tracking back, tackling and creating chances )
9) Walker ( Should be higher up, we've missed width when he wasn't there but needs some games )
10) Dembele ( He's our best midfielder, but we need a DM alongside him so he can make those dribbles and play more direct, otherwise he's a bit wasted and doesn't offer enough )
11) Lennon ( Same old, very good energy, poor end product, good impact sub and brings width, something we lack )
12-15) Mason, Stambouli, Bentaleb, Capoue ( Honestly can't put anything between them, Mason probably edges it for me right now but he has fallen off a bit )
16) Soldado ( Still feel like he's got a role to play, his movement and link up play looks good, but he can't catch a break )
17) Townsend ( Wasteful and predictable but can be unplayable on his day )
18) Kaboul ( On his day a very good CB, but apparently a bad influence and also a pretty poor appointment as captain )
19) Chiriches ( Honestly thought he was good in the last few games but to careless )
20) Dier ( Had a great start but not good enough yet, too naive )
21) Vorm ( Hasn't played a lot, but was excellent against Newcastle, very happy to have him as second choice )
22) Paulinho ( Hasn't been good enough for us, still hope we'll see a glimpse of how he played for Brazil in the confed cup but probably better to get rid of him )
23) Rose ( Harsh on him, he's been fairly decent this season but the difference between Davies is so big, the game at Leicester showed us exactly why he isn't good enough )
24) Naughton ( Harsh again, been a good squad player for us over the years and is a tidy footballer but isn't good enough in the end
25) Adebayor ( I had some hopes for him at the end of last season but same old shenanigans, wagethief )
In the end I'm actually happy with the quality we have in our squad, the biggest problem looks our midfield. You can't be challenging for top 4 without a world class striker or a very good midfield.
Chiriches > Kaboul when Vlad plays RB in my opinion.
Utter madness that Kane is now probably in most people's top 5.
Eriksen and Lloris top 2 quite clearly.
After the first 10 it's ridiculously hard to rate our team though, and it shows in our lineups in the last 2 seasons, noone is sure what our best team is
And agree about Kane. Still not too sure about how good he'll end up to be but been so very impressed with him.
He looks a bit sluggish but in the end he's fast enough, can get past players and scores goals. Don't think anyone expected this from him.
Also shouldn't underestimate the effect of the crowd, I hear it's been very poor for a while now and players like Kane actually make it better.
Damn, been too long since I've been to a Spurs game and doesn't look like I'll be able to go this season either.
I think it's worked in both favours. His performances do lift the crowd but I also think Kane now believes he belongs at Tottenham and in our starting 11. With the fans fully behind him his confidence must be sky high.
I think the love for Kane is as good as its been for any player since I've been going to the Lane. I said on here after the Brighton game I can't remember that sort of reception for one individual in quite a while.
He's every supporters dream player, isn't he - always a Spur, comes in, works his socks off, scores plenty, never stops running. Perfect. Hoping for a few of them from our youth teams shortly.
Time for a bump.
1) Lloris ( no explanation needed )
2) Vertonghen ( been class this year with better support, looks a lot happier too )
3) Dier ( He's been instrumental to everything that's been good about us this season. First name on the teamsheet )
4) Kane ( despite not hitting top form his allround game is still good )
5) Eriksen ( been injured but we look a lot more threatening with him on the pitch )
6) Alli ( Amazing start to the season )
7) Alderweireld ( Solid defender and good on the ball )
8) Lamela ( Has been hitting some form and looks like he finally can make a difference )
9) Son ( Offers something we've lacked, direct and can score goals )
Honestly can't rate the rest of the players.
Rose, Davies, Walker, Bentaleb, Mason, Dembele, N'jie, Chadli are all at a similar level/importance for me.
Got to give credit to Rose though, he's improved so much since the start of last season and I can finally understand why Sunderland fans were raving about him.
very early for this. bare in mind alli has still only played 8 games for us. and (controversial here) i'd still have dembele in that top 10 personally. very few players with his physique can dribble as easily as he can. love watching him play even when hes not having a cracker. i'll wait a while before doing an overall one. things change so quickly in football- one way or the other.
Still think lamela is quite frustrating at times. bar the goal he still annoyed me quite a bit yesterday.
9) Lamela (he better keep it up)
This thread is a fantastic idea. Love looking back on old lists. This looks absolutely ridiculous now, but nobody questioned it at the time.
- Fazio 5th
- Dier all the way down in 20th, below Fazio, Chiriches and Kaboul
- Rose 23rd
My list now:
8. Lamela (ask me a month ago and he'd be lower, but he's really showing some class recently, which I'm over the moon about)
9. Son (sure he will propel himself upwards, but too early for me to rank him any higher)
11. Bentaleb (would be higher, but the injury this season sees him fall by default as others have performed well in his absence).
12. Mason (ditto)
14. Townsend (as an impact sub against tired legs. Don't think he should be starting many games)
18. Dembele - (ditto Bentaleb/Mason, but also - he has the technique, but the decision making isn't there. If he could get that right, and if he could shoot more, there is a top player in there).
Haven't rated Wimmer, N'Jie, Pritchard, Yedlin or any youth guys who have made the odd appearance, as there is not enough to go on.
Below Kane, the order is very flexible. Extremely hard to split most of our squad!
the funniest thing is the inaugural year I made this. half the people (including me) didn't put bale in the top 20
1. Hugo Lloris +
2. Harry Kane +
3. Son Heung-min !
4. Erik Lamela +
5. Christian Eriksen +
6. Dele Alli !
7. Jan Vertonghen -
8. Toby Alderweireld !
9. Eric Dier !
10. Danny Rose +
11. Kevin Wimmer !
12. Mousa Dembele -
13. Kyle Walker -
14. Nabil Bentaleb -
15. Ben Davies !
16. Clinton N'Jie !
17. Nacer Chadli =
18. Alex Pritchard !
19. Kieran Trippier !
20. Ryan Mason !
21. Andros Townsend -
22. Harry Winks !
23. Joshua Onomah !
24. Tom Carroll !
25. Michel Vorm !
26. Federico Fazio !
Anyone willing to give this a go right now?
Wouldn't even know where to start
I'll give it a go.
Was clearly excited about Son's start to his Spurs career last time.
While Toby and Dembele hadn't got quite into their beast mode yet.
1. Toby Alderweireld +
2. Harry Kane =
3. Hugo Lloris -
4. Mousa Dembele +
5. Christian Eriksen =
6. Dele Alli =
7. Erik Lamela -
8. Eric Dier +
9. Jan Vertonghen -
10. Danny Rose =
11. Kyle Walker +
12. Kevin Wimmer -
13. Son Heung-min -
14. Kieran Trippier +
15. Nacer Chadli +
16. Ben Davies -
17. Clinton N'Jie -
18. Alex Pritchard =
19. Nabil Bentaleb -
20. Ryan Mason =
21. Harrry Winks +
22. Joshua Onomah +
23. Tom Carroll +
24. Michel Vorm +
When Kevin Wimmer is your 12th best player, you know you have one hell of a squad on your hands.
I was going to say, it's harsh that you've actually dropped Wimmer down a spot, given his performances.
But that's more of an indication that you placed him too highly to begin with, perhaps.
Had him fairly high already, as I had seen him in Bundesliga action and knew how good he was.
Often when someone drop down the list, it's nothing to do with the player, but rather others that improve.
Like now, when Dembele decided to become a professional footballer again.
Can pretty much agree with top 5, the next 6 could be in any order imo.
But we do have very capable replacements for Vertonghen, Rose and Walker while Alli, Dier and Lamela dropping would hurt us more imo.