1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hello Guest. We'd appreciate your feedback on some proposed changes we have in mind for the Championship, League One and League Two forums. Please take a moment to read the proposals, and make your comments here: Clicky Clicky
    Dismiss Notice

rumours

Discussion in 'Welsh Football' started by islandranger, Apr 4, 2017.

1. islandranger

islandranger Registered User

Supports:
    Bangor, Holyhead, Llangefni
    Also a bit before my time but the train used to run to Caernarfon from Bangor, that would be useful if/when the Cofis get promoted, there were suggestions about it re-opening but that may just be the trĂȘn bach
    As for Glantraeth, I can see where the problem is with Iolo lending them the ground and getting permission and planning for developments including floodlights would be a problem. They did look at relocating a few years ago to somewhere down nearer Malltraeth but never happened nor the abortive merger with Llangefni even further back which lasted about 1 season from memory.
    The Island needs a Premier club again and it is a hot bed of football still, it's been suggested before but a merged team from across the Island, like the Island Games team does would work but would mean putting aside a lot of rivalries and past history; how do you get past we hate Holyhead from Cefni fans? it needs a person of vision to see this through, if I was a lot younger I would have a go.

2. Leekbrookgull

Leekbrookgull Registered User

Supports:
    Brighton and Hove Albion,plus an interest in the WPL
    Can't really argue against that or can you ?