1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad to announce that Great White has passed away

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Discussion' started by TLC, Dec 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TLC

TLC There Can Be Only One
    Staff Member

Supports:
    The mighty Newcastle United
    it is with great sadness that Baz better known as Great White lost his battle with cancer and passed away yesterday in France in the care of Val who has been his rock for so many years.

I received a message earlier from @ecfc girl to let’s us know the sad news.

He will be greatly missed by so many people in both real life and his virtual online life.

Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this very sad time.

RIP Baz

Out of respect for the family who have access to this, please can we keep comments to ones that will not cause distress please.

#1 TLC, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    Super_horns likes this.
  2. RM

RM Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    A great heart? Wasn’t he permanently banned for being a bit of a bellend?

RIP and all, but bad people don’t suddenly become amazing upon death.

3. StretfordEnd

StretfordEnd A little bit obscure
    Staff Member

Supports:
    20 Times Champions
    Sad news indeed.

His fags, booze and general not giving a shit attitude was never going to see him into a long retirement, but I didn't know cancer had caught up with him, and I somehow thought of him as indestructible.

Rest in Peace Baz.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SFO Saint, Super_horns and TAFKAP like this.
  4. Suffolk Punch

Suffolk Punch Be careful what you wish for

Supports:
    Ipswich Town
    Very sad, he was one of the mainstays of the site when I first joined.

R.I.P Baz.

Super_horns likes this.
  5. Canary Fairy

Canary Fairy Need a holiday ..

Supports:
    The Canaries
    Sad news and thoughts with his loved ones x

Super_horns likes this.
  6. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    Blimey. Bit strange hearing that a member/ex member from here has passed.

Suppose I’ll have to hold my tongue out of respect then, something he most definitely lacked.

RIP.

#6 Shane, Dec 10, 2017
  7. Bleeds

Bleeds I’d genuinely shag Lewis Dunk

Supports:
    BHAFC

The same Baz who was permanently banned for repeatedly taking the piss out of my friend who died suddenly, aged 20 less than a week after he'd passed away?

My thoughts go out to his family, losing somebody is never easy, but are we seriously going to sit here and talk about him having a big heart?

I'm sure this post will be deleted, even though his post remains on this site 2 YEARS later.

R.I.P Baz, I admire your ability to not give a shit what anybody else thought of you, but that's about it.

8. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    He did the same thing with Andy on Facebook referencing the passing of his mum and nan.

Adam and RM like this.
  9. TLC

TLC There Can Be Only One
    Staff Member

Supports:
    The mighty Newcastle United
    Please guys.

The notification was put up at the request of family.

He could be a thoughtless arse but can we please say goodbye without the recriminations please :(

From me:

You were absolutely one of a kind, truely unique, there were times when I wanted to grab you and shake you and yell what are you thinking you’re as mad as French Cheese. But you had a great big heart and I’m going to miss you buddy xxxxx

Jonny Ninja and Super_horns like this.
  10. RM

RM Registered User

Supports:
    Reading
    Unlikely.

Let people say how they feel, it’s exactly what he did on a daily basis.

Adam likes this.
  11. Andy-gers1

Andy-gers1 DELETE!
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Rangers
    I can’t, sorry TLC.

He thought it was funny to mock people’s misery and that I can’t bring myself to show any sort of comment.

If this was the request of his family, then my condolences go to them.. retaliation from the thread from others is warranted imo and if it is their request then they should see what everyone sees and thinks.

He’s a long term banned member for saying stuff that’s inexcusable to Bleeds on here and FB and he was also nasty on FB about my mum and gran passing, that pisses me off due to the fact that he’s practically getting labelled a saint here.

Out of my respect, rip to him.. no one to deserves to die and especially in those circumstances and thoughts go with the family.

The way he made me feel on the day of mums funeral will never escape me and the fact that my dad, and brothers seen the comment makes it even more sad and frustrating.

12. Bleeds

Supports:
    BHAFC
    I have no problem with there being a thread to remember him, but let's not whitewash what he was like.

If you want him to chalk up him taking the piss out of Andy for his mum and nan dying, him posting on a facebook photo of me and my dead friend "is that the dead one?" less than 24 hours after he died and then days later coming on here and referring to the same friend again as 'compost' as him being "thoughtless" then you're as bad as he is.

My friend Will was 20 when he died, leaving behind his Mum & Dad and his 10 year old sister as well as all his mates. His passing f*cked me up massively as I'd bumped in to somebody who was the exact spit of him on a Saturday night, to the point that whilst drunk I thought it was Will, I'd got a photo taken with this random bloke to show Will as I knew he'd find it hilarious. I never got a chance to show him because he passed away the next day. When I was torturing myself because if I'd sent Will the photo when I'd woke up he might have left his house 2 minutes later and therefore not crashed GW didn't give a shit, so why should I care now?

Where was this condescending "think of the friends and family" bollocks then? The only mod who acted on it and gave a shit at the time was Quirk so like f*ck am I going to sit here now and pretend the GW was just some mischievous scamp who sometimes pushed the boundaries because you want me to. His family want there to be a thread to remember him on FF? Fine. They can have one, but the truth is that GW was an absolute c*nt on here for years and every mod turned a blind eye because he was a long term poster who they knew outside the site.

Would you be sitting on here acting like he was fine if the posts he aimed at me had been aimed at you and the people you'd lost? No, exactly. Stop telling me how I should feel, hypocrite.

#12 Bleeds, Dec 10, 2017
  13. Quirkafleeg

Quirkafleeg SHERPA VAN STILL GLEAMING...
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Maybe this will be the first time his family see that he was a nasty bully and not a loving caring person they though. I wasn't going to comment but he tried to bully me over Facebook before I blocked him.

No respect from me sorry.

14. Andy-gers1

Andy-gers1 DELETE!
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Rangers
    This. :clap:

RM likes this.
  15. Shane

Shane Registered

Supports:
    Southampton FC
    Legend. xx

RM likes this.
  16. tottivillarossi

tottivillarossi ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Cancer is a vile way to go for anyone, but let's not rewrite his character and pretend he had a big heart. He was banned for a reason, and that was he could be a nasty person. He would show absolutely no compassion in this thread so it doesn't surprise that the comments aren't exactly brimming with affection for him.

RM likes this.
  17. Bleeds

Supports:
    BHAFC
    Thread that has horribly backfired being deleted in:

[​IMG]

#17 Bleeds, Dec 10, 2017
    AdzSAFC likes this.
  18. Adam

Adam Are you cereal?

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Fully support Bleeds, Andy and everyone else on this. I didn't know him offline, maybe he was a different person, but he's responsible for everything he said and did on here and on social media in general. It matters that someone's memory of their own mothers funeral is made even worse by the callous, unspeakably insensitive comments made by GW. It matters that Bleeds' grief was compounded by GW's actions.

People should be remembered for who they were, all of who they were. Otherwise it's all bullshit.

Sorry for his friends and family. Their grief matters too but people he wronged have as much a right to say their piece as anyone else.

Andy-gers1, RM, Shane and 2 others like this.
  19. AdzSAFC

AdzSAFC League One 2018/19

Supports:
    Sunderland AFC
    Thread of the year.

tottivillarossi, Adam and RM like this.
  20. tottivillarossi

tottivillarossi ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Supports:
    Manchester United
    In honour of GW, I propose a new Award category: User Most Likely To Die in 2018.

WAFC Dan and Adam like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.