1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Salford City F.C

Discussion in 'EFL League Two' started by Tornado, May 12, 2019.

1. Tornado

Tornado Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Promoted to the Football League. I live in Salford and this is a massive achievement for the club.

Will be following this when the new season starts.

2. Benzel

Benzel Registered User

Supports:
    Swindon Town.
    **** Salford.

Welcome.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

SamB_SCFC likes this.
  3. Mowgli

Mowgli Registered User

Supports:
    Wycombe Wanderers
    There was only 1 Football League team i wanted to see go tits up and that's franchise but Salford have now made it 2. :hopefully

SamB_SCFC and Monkey like this.
  4. HPC2

HPC2 League Two Tour

Supports:
    Scunthorpe United
    So you decided to become a Salford City fan yesterday?

Monkey likes this.
  5. Tigerferry

Tigerferry Hull City is our name

Supports:
    Hull City
    New Rushden and Diamonds.

Fleetwood's owner at least has an affinity with the town. This will all go wrong when the owner gets bored.

6. Buxton Vale

Buxton Vale Registered User

Supports:
    Port Vale
    what a load of drivel. Throwing large sums of money into a tiny club is not an achievement. No fans, crap ground and no history or tradition. The sooner clubs like this disappear the better. We've lost Notts County and gained a pub team.

SamB_SCFC, Monkey and Mowgli like this.
  7. DonnyOsmond

DonnyOsmond I. R. BABOON

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers
    Dislike Salford but what's wrong with small clubs coming up who don't have history? How else do you make history? Football would be very boring if clubs had to stay where they historically fit in the pyramid.

Justthatek and Tigerferry like this.
  8. mapperleyred

mapperleyred Registered User

Supports:
    Nottingham Forest
    Manchester could do with two clubs.

JimJams likes this.
  9. Boothy

Boothy Registered User

Supports:
    huddersfield town
    as much as the traditionalist in me doesn't like what Salford have done, we can't change what's happened.

Be interesting to see how far they can go, I would imagine them to be fighting for promotion next season and if they do go up I feel they will find their level as a Fleetwood-esque team. Can imagine Adam Rooney will be scoring plenty in league two.

10. Kim Mitten

Kim Mitten Registered User

Supports:
    Southend United
    If they don't win the division next season then it's a failure. According to Southend's owner we have a top 6 League One budget (we don't, it was 13th 2018/19) but Adam Rooney is currently earning more per week than any member of Southend's squad. They'll only add to that and if they do get up to League One at the first attempt I would not be surprised to see them as a promotion contender there as well.

Agreed, Burton did it without going mental on wages and Dagenham & Redbridge had a good number or years in the league without spending beyond their means.

11. Sme

Sme Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    If Dagenham didn't have to sell every year they would have had a nice little team....Craig Mackail-Smith, Paul Benson, Danny Green, Dwight Gayle, Scott Griffiths, Oliver Hawkins, Jodi Jones, Damien McCrory, Abu Ogogo, Marlon Pack,Soloman Taiwo, Romain Vincelot (okay i'm scraping now!!!)

12. Cartman

Cartman Registered User

Supports:
    Chesterfield
    horrible plastic club throwing money at it, budget was ridiculous for the conference and the fact that they didn't piss the league is a failure!

glad they went up mind as it's one less serious contender for the NL next season

13. SamB_SCFC

SamB_SCFC FF Old Skool

Supports:
    Stoke City
    Nothing wrong when they do it properly through their own means, like Burton, Yeovil etc who managed to make it all the way up to the Championship without a daft cash injection. What Salford have done just unfairly distorts the competition and they've effectively bought promotion.

14. Soup Ladle

Soup Ladle Registered User

Supports:
    Hartlepool
    F u c k off Salford

15. Cotterill:49

Cotterill:49 Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    I think they'll be looking at promotion again. With three teams going up, and the money that they'll chuck at it they ought to be getting promoted again really. They'll have the highest paid player in the league already in Adam Rooney, and he won't be the highest earner at the club come the start of the season.

I think that they'll go far further than Fleetwood as they've got a lot more money behind them, and they have got the potential to get a lot more plastic fans involved as Salford. It's got a population ten times the size of Fleetwood and it is a growing and rapidly developing area of Greater Manchester.

I think they're on their way to the Championship long term, although League 1 will be difficult to get out of even with a lot of money thrown behind it as your Sunderland, Nottingham Forest's, Leeds, Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday's have found.