1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scottish Teams in Premiership League will it ever happen.

Discussion in 'General British Football' started by Evergreen305, Sep 23, 2017.

1. ShorhamBlade

ShorhamBlade Registered User

Supports:
    Sheffield United

All over the place ? You mentioned “ supporters clubs” “ mate”. If you can’t handle a difference of opinion that’s your problem. To be honest most people in England would probably consider Rangers a bigger club than Celtic.

Andy-gers1 likes this.
  2. ShorhamBlade

Supports:
    Sheffield United

Which topic do I have no knowledge of ?

Are Celtic a Scottish or an Irish club ?

3. ShorhamBlade

Supports:
    Sheffield United
    I think the OF are a fantastic pair of football clubs. I’d buy into the Green Brigade stuff, anti fascist, anti racist, anti sectarian, left wing politics, it will be very interesting to watch it play out.

4. Lisbon 67

Lisbon 67 Registered User

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    :laugh::laugh:. . Apart from the fact we are a bigger global brand, we have a bigger stadium, more season ticket holders and have around 3 times their turnover. . . .I can see why you'd think that :thumb

5. Richie123

Richie123 Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    Tbf with the amount of attention Rangers get from Celtic fans they can consider your fan base shared.

Andy-gers1 likes this.
  6. Lisbon 67

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    If you had any footballing interest up here believe me you'd be paying attention to them too, believe me mate.

7. Richie123

Richie123 Registered User

Supports:
    Leicester
    I dont pretend to know any of it tbh. Most posts about Rangers are from Celtic fans though.

8. Lisbon 67

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    There is only one Rangers fan in the Scottish section and he doesn't get involved.

9. ShorhamBlade

Supports:
    Sheffield United
    It’s obvious at the moment that Celtic are in the ascendancy but the clubs have been in existence well over 100 years not just the last 5-10. When Souness was Manager didn’t Rangers win 9 titles in a row ? Seems to me that footballs cyclical but you’re being selective about choosing recent years to draw a definitive conclusion.
    Seems to me that Celtic being seen as the bigger club is very important to you, ie bigger knob and all that :laugh:

Celtic having a bigger stadium may be the reason you get bigger gates than Rangers.

All Celtics HUGE fan base and big ground didn’t stop you getting slaughtered by PSG, twice. Three points from six matches has to be embarrassing. :laugh::laugh:

Incidentally I’ll bet you believe that Celtic are bigger than the five English clubs who’ve qualified ? Most of whom do so regularly.

Ok you’ve won the European Cup 50 years ago :laugh:, but Forest have won it twice and Villa once.

Not sure about the global fan base but other than the Irish diaspora in England, Rangers are by far more popular, as they appear to be in Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Out of the two I’d prefer Celtic but i’m just calling it as I see it.

10. ShorhamBlade

Supports:
    Sheffield United
    And I have it on good authority that Wednesday are far bigger....millions of the ****ers

11. Lisbon 67

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    Call it however you like mate but there is loads that is simply wrong in your post, too late for me to get into it tonight i'll get back to you.

ShorhamBlade likes this.
  12. ShorhamBlade

Supports:
    Sheffield United
    “Simply wrong “ indulge me with specifics

13. Lisbon 67

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    Firstly Rangers were liquidated, the new entity was formed in 2012. You can harp back to a corrupt and secret deal with the SFA called the 5 way agreement to argue that point but the fact is the SFA needed Rangers to survive for the sake of the game up here (their words) and bent every law in the book to make sure that was the illusion. (I can go into specific details but really don't want to). . . this isn't the Rangers you once knew, they couldn't prize a manager away from the mighty Aberdeen FFS. They run at a huge loss and rely on loans to survive.

The old Rangers won titles with everyone else's money, they never competed fairly and on an even keel since the days of David Murray and Souness.

The bigger stadium isn't the reason we have bigger gates as there are still season tickets on sale for Rangers so that blows that point out the water.

The fact we got well beaten by PSG has nothing to do with this debate and you can put your European cup point in the same bracket.

If you think Rangers are a bigger global brand than Celtic you are in fantasy world. We are not talking about people who 'prefer them' in England because of the politics we are talking supporters of the clubs worldwide and there is no contest.

That's the point mate.

14. ShorhamBlade

Supports:
    Sheffield United
    A bigger global brand ? How do you know ?

So which clubs, if any, are as big as Celtic, if any ?

Where’s the glory in competing against clubs who only get a few thousand through the gate ?

Well you can dismiss the people who “prefer” Rangers in England, but how is that different from the millions of “ supporters” globally who’ve never even been to Glasgow let alone Celtic Park.

You don’t think getting 3 points out of 6 games in the big league has any detrimental effect on the “ Global Brand” ?

ArevCeltic “ bigger” than the five English clubs who’ve qualified, let’s say Spurs, are Celtic bigger than Spurs ?

15. Lisbon 67

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    Mate there are loads of indicators, the number of supporters clubs around the world, the amount of strips sold around the world, the size of retail deal both clubs get because of the brand.

Also I've never mentioned any other club so I don't know why you are?

I dismiss them because they don't contribute to the club, you don't have to be at games to support the club and there is a big difference between supporting a club and 'preferring' them to another club.. . .and by the way we have supporters clubs all over England.

Also what does the fact we were beaten in a few football games have to do with the brand?. . absolutely nothing.

Anyway we've both made our points and will just end up going round in circles :thumb

#95 Lisbon 67, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017