1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sean Murray

Discussion in 'Watford' started by WAFC Dan, Aug 5, 2015.

1. WAFC Dan

WAFC Dan Up the 'Tics CMON

Supports:
    Wigan Athletic
    Joined us on a months loan, what can we expect?

2. Mitch_wfc

Mitch_wfc VIP

Supports:
    Watford
    Well firstly I'm a little surprised and a bit worried about this as even with Sean Murray we still would have been 2 home grown players short of the rules. I can now only assume that Lloyd Dyer will be playing for us this season which will cheese me off no end. Sell Dyer no matter how low the bid/offer is and keep Murray, why not do that?

As to help answer your question, Sean spent the whole of the second half of last season out injured, but I believe is now fully recoverd from that injury? Just need some match fitness I guess and some full training sessions. It's good news for you guys though as Sean is easily good enough for the Championship and a talented player so for L1 it's an excellent (and surprising) signing. Infact can't your club send Sean back and offer us whatever you can afford for that tit Lloyd Dyer instead?

He's an Attacking Midfielder who ideally needs to play centrally inbetween midfield and the striker(s) but can also play on the wing. He's no centre mid though. Been very much a squad player for ourselves these past 3 years, but his first full season under Sean Dyche he did well and scored some good goals. He's a shorter lad but he's far from weak or a pushover or anything, has a strong /stocky lower body (legs). He's more likely to take a shot than he is to put a cross in or play a through ball. Man City and Liverpool both tried to steal him off our hands when he was 16, luckily he was under no agent back then. Please look after him and good luck!

#2 Mitch_wfc, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2015
  3. WAFC Dan

WAFC Dan Up the 'Tics CMON

Supports:
    Wigan Athletic
    Cheers Mitch. It's only for a month at first and is probably to ease him back into playing at a better standard than your reserves, only just like. Was under the impression he was an out and out CM as Caldwell stated he was in to cover the injuries to Cowie and Chow. To be fair I expect him to play CM anyway as we've got enough attacking midfielders already.

4. Mitch_wfc

Mitch_wfc VIP

Supports:
    Watford
    We tried him in a three man midfield playing CM and he found it a little awkward tbh. As soon as you see him you'll be able to tell straight away that he's not a CM. The defensive and off the ball part of his game are his weakest area's. Shooting and running with the ball are what he's all about.