1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season 2020/21

Discussion in 'Scottish Football' started by Lisbon 67, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Minty

Minty Carpe Diem

Supports:
    Celtic
    Zzzzz

2. Cotterill:49

Cotterill:49 Registered User

Supports:
    Swansea City AFC
    Big game for Stephen Welsh to be chucked into.

3. Celtic Symphony

Celtic Symphony Registered User

Supports:
    Celtic
    Come on Celtic.

We always seem to have a few problems with the line up when we play Rangers but the team and especially that midfield is more than good enough to win the game.

Hopefully Welsh can perform well and the other 4 players making their Derby debut can come up to the plate.

Big big game for our 4th choice striker Klimala, he has pace and desire so he should be able to make a nuisance of himself.

3-1 Celtic.

4. Super_horns

Super_horns WATFORD Till I Die
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Watford
    Rangers on top.

Apart from one miss Celtic not really threatened so far.

Jimbob111 likes this.
  5. BleedsIsDead

BleedsIsDead They Love You When You're Dead

Supports:
    BHAFC
    After everything he's been through in his career, I'm absolutely made up for Goldson. Top bloke.

Jimbob111 and ccfctommy like this.
  6. Eaman

Eaman Registered User

Supports:
    FC Barcelona
    I really only watch the old firm when it comes to scottish football but I'd like to know from someone who watches celtic regularly about frimpong. Wasnt he supposed to be the next superstar worldwide really if you watch any of his youth youtube videos? He has looked very far off that watching this game anyway

7. Minty

Minty Carpe Diem

Supports:
    Celtic
    Didn’t see the game today but he’s been in good form for us, just needs to work on his final ball.

8. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

If ever a team needed the fans in the stadium it was us today. A complete cruise for Rangers who didn't need to get out of second gear really.

I wasn't confident beforehand, but even I didn't expect such a heartless performance. Rangers are a team whereas we are a collection of individuals at the moment.

Guys like Elyonoussi and Ntcham flatter deceive far too often and in regards to the latter I have just about had enough of him. Struts about as if he thinks he is too good to be here but rarely proves it. Give me Turnbull or Rogic before him every time.

Klimala is a tryer but simply doesn't have the qualities we need. He should have been replaced at half time along with Ntcham, but we waited until it was too late to change things.

Today showed us what life is like without Édouard and it wasn't nice viewing. He would have scored the chance that Elyonoussi missed and caused far more problems.

The players we had missing was definitely a factor, but we should still have been capable of far better than was shown today.

The performance rather than the defeat should be the main concern along with the very apparent lack of team spirit and heart.

Only one team at the moment has the look of title winners and it ain't us.

9. Eaman

Eaman Registered User

Supports:
    FC Barcelona
    Ya he gave away the ball a few times but I shouldn't really judge him on a hectic tough derby

10. Celtic Symphony

Supports:
    Celtic
    ****ing joke from Lenny to the first 11.

Nothing else to say.

11. PorkchopExpress

PorkchopExpress The Blackfish

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Results have been funny everywhere since the loss of crowds. In derby games you really need the home support to get that edge over the opposition.

12. Royal Blue MaLDini

Royal Blue MaLDini Registered User

Supports:
    Rangers
  13. Celtic Symphony

Supports:
    Celtic
    Had time to reflect on the game.

First off it was probably the poorest Derby game in terms of quality for a long long time.

The only real quality in the game was how Rangers played to a system and every player knew their job.

Celtic looked like a team that was thrown together yesterday, and I know we had a few players missing and mainly all our flair players but that's still no excuse for guys still worth a lot of money not being able to get a single shot on target.

Time is up for Ntcham, I was severely pissed of with him yesterday, if the ball was not directly at his feet he wasn't moving for it, counted a few times he was in a position to take the ball and Kamara got there Infront of him with ease, and to make it worse he then strolls back into position.

McGregor is one I think struggles in the 352 formation, we got the best out of McGregor when he played in triangles between Tierney and Sinclair, he now roams about there without much purpose and not influencing the game enough.

Once again though we were beaten by the team who wanted it more, I have been saying all season our movements off the ball is shocking and when we have players not fully committed it makes it easy for a Rangers side who give absolutely everything to the cause.

On a slightly different note though we were missing, Christie, Forest and Eddy that is over 80 goals and 60 assist in the last year. Take into account the likes of Johnstone missing and Griff and Ajeti not fully fit yet there is massive improvement still available to this side.

It was a bump in the road but plenty of time to fix it.

14. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

I don't think it is just a bump in the road.

We are way up against it this season and this time around I don't think there is enough of a collective team spirit to get us through. The comments Neil made after the Ferencvaros game didn't come from nowhere. There are clearly guys there who would rather be elsewhere and this is no good when we need everyone going at it full steam.

Aside from that we look like a team without a plan when things don't fall into place. When I have watched Rangers this season they have been organised, compact and they give little away. That is all they had to be yesterday and won with plenty to spare.

There has been discussion/disagreement about this before, but for me that is now three times on the trot they have out played us. It looks to me like they have our number and we aren't coming up with anything to counteract them.

I do think many of our fans massively underrate them, but at the same time I don't think their players are better than ours (I don't think there is much in it either way). So is it simply the case that their manager is more tactically astute and a better organiser?

It would be interesting to know how many shots we have had on target in the last three games against them, or how often we have worked their keeper.

I think it would make for grim reading.

15. Celtic Symphony

Supports:
    Celtic
    Can't disagree with any of that and it seem it's a combination of some players just not wanting to do enough for the cause and a manager who lacks ideas.

As you say we do have the players though (ability wise) to be much much better than we are. I think a pause is needed and a serious rethink in how we go about it.

For me time is up for Elyounoussi and Ntcham as they just don't have the work ethic needed for this Celtic side.

I don't know exactly how to fix it but we can't just keep going in the way we have been in recent weeks and expect it to change over night.

Rangers won't collapse like they did last season so we must take at least 6 points from the next three Derby games.

Also starting the get worried about the amount of talk online about how Celtic have went backwards standard of training wise at Lennoxtown, supposedly people like McGregor and Christie have not been happy with it.

16. Royal Blue MaLDini

Supports:
    Rangers
    I hope agent Beaton enjoyed his beers last night

17. Caesar

Caesar Registered User

I don't even think we can afford to think about our future games against them purely because of what faces us in the weeks ahead. We have a helluva tough schedule coming up and this is really going to test our mettle.

Teams who win titles tend not to have rumours continually escalating about players leaving or managers lack of ability or control. Neil hasn't helped the cause by what he has said either. There seems to be a lack of proper management going on.

It's also normally the case with teams who end up champions that there is generally at least 5-6 contenders as to who has been the best player. We currently don't have one who can be said to have been consistently excellent.

Yesterday has been coming and I am only hoping that it has some sort of galvanising effect, but it is hope rather than expectation.

18. Lisbon 67

Lisbon 67 Registered User

Supports:
    Glasgow Celtic
    We were decimated yes but the team we put out should still have been good enough.

We simply didn't turn up and can have no complaints.

19. pvm66

pvm66 Registered User

The issue isn't about quality or lack of it. Our problem is that their is clear unrest in the camp and players are not trying. I don't know the reason why but I would guess that we have went back on a couple of gentleman's agreements with regards to selling players and they have downed tools and caused disharmony in the camp.

I don't know who the players are or trying to pass this as fact but there is little doubt that we are eating ourselves from inside and I've said all along that the only team who will stop us is us. Our fanbase are incredibly negative despite the fact we keep winning and this has eventually made it's way into the club with some of the soundbites coming out from their strange and worrying. Even when we are winning games comfortably we are moaning and it needs to stop. Both on and off the park.

Our main challenge this season are a team who have not improved their starting 11 from last season despite spending silly amounts of money and yet we are letting them dictate the game. They're not even good, just workmanlike. But as I said pre match the only thing we had to worry about is that they we are their reason to exist and we need to start taking them a bit more seriously.

20. Royal Blue MaLDini

Supports:
    Rangers
    You'd say relatively recent wins against the likes of Porto, Galatasaray and Willem II and then sweeping you lot aside without getting out of second gear at the weekend, along with being the better side in all recent games against your team beforehand...equates to being "not even good" then? Have a day off. This is your biggest problem, delusion, I hope it continues and that people there do not wake up and smell the coffee.
    We need to keep going about our business professionally and stay grounded in comparison...I'm hopeful and confident that we will do.

As for the sentence in bold, you have no idea how good that one is, from a guy who spends his free time posting about Rangers as often as he can find a straw of negativity to clutch :laugh: