1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season tickets

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by johnnyT, Jan 15, 2020.

1. johnnyT

johnnyT Registered User

Supports:
    Everton
    How many season tickets does your club have........as a proportion to the overall capacity.

Everton is 34k which is fair enough but my mate in the office who is a bad kopite says

Liverpool have only 26k.This is not a dig at Liverpool but only half the ground is season tickets?

@StillHurts31 @Redpelt please confirm.

2. Redpelt

Redpelt Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Correct ,we have 26,000 card carrying members,but the waiting list is so extensive some poor unfortunates have been waiting more than 15 years to get their hands on one. Some lucky fu*ker on that list will get mine next season seen as the club cant transfer ownership.

This season will be my last as a holder ,football belongs to the conformists ,I cant be @rsed witnessing the packaging of football whilst actually forking out for this VAR shite.

#2 Redpelt, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    johnnyT likes this.
  3. DunblaneWolf

DunblaneWolf Nil - Nil

Supports:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    I'd hate that. I know everybody's situation is different and everyone supports their club their own way but why even bother? Guarantee you'll have lifelong Liverpool/Manchester United fans living not far away from the ground that have never seen their club play live.

4. johnnyT

johnnyT Registered User

Supports:
    Everton
    Thats grim tbf its all about ripping off day trippers football these days.The reason my mate at work stopped going is they sold his seat for CL game.He'd been home and away for 10 years or more.

Redpelt likes this.
  5. Redpelt

Redpelt Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Sad isn't it ?

6. Sheffsteel

Sheffsteel Registered User

Supports:
    Sheffield United
    Think we have 25K season tickets in a 32K capacity stadium.....capacity is 2,800 away fans and 29,200 home fans.

However those 25K season tickets were sold before we gained promotion last season. The club announced back in late April last year that due to unprecedented sales....they had concerns about availability for pay on the day customers so sales for new season tickets sales were suspended until further notice ad they never went back on sale.

Sheff United have faced a learning curve regards how to sell the remaining 4,200 pay on the day tickets.
    Initially pay on the day customers were forced to pay £50 to join an annual membership scheme.
    This had a low uptake so then it was changed to pay on the day customers must be on the club database attending at least 3 matches.
    It seems SUFC (probably in consultation) with the Council's hands-on Safety Officer have this obsession trying to prevent away fans(even Sheffield based away fans) sitting in the home ends. However their strict methods also prevent neutral fans and day trippers from buying tickets.

Therefore “proper” SU fans who have some purchasing history on the club database can currently attend matches but visitors to the city, casuals, students are not able to buy tickets. It’s been discussed on our forum about how do we grow our fan base if casuals/ neutrals/ students can’t buy tickets. Sheffield has a massive student population that live very close to Bramall Lane....we historically run deals to encourage students as they could become future season ticket holders...but this season due to excessive demand elsewhere it’s not happened.

#6 Sheffsteel, Jan 15, 2020
  7. FranniesTache

Supports:
    The Pride of the South
    think it's 25,000 at Saints currently, though i wouldn't be surprised if it drops next season as i know loads who've missed games this season due to kick off times moving around. Plus you don't get a massive saving in cost anymore

edit: checked the club's propaganda and it's 25k, down from 28 the season before

8. johnnyT

johnnyT Registered User

Supports:
    Everton
    Seems daft tbf

9. Redpelt

Redpelt Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Yeah ,sadly that's not an isolated incident fella.

10. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Spot on, the bigger more successful clubs solely target OOT fans as they know the out of towner will come the game, visit the shop, spend a shedload on scarfs, tops, food, etc whereas a local will just go the game and go straight home or to their local. That's what the Premier League brought along unfortunately...the game is a business now, not a sport.

The smaller clubs kid themselves thinking they wouldn't be the same if they became successful, they would be exactly the same, a few years of success and their board woud. Look at City, they used to be a real hardcore set of fans, now the place is teeming with glory grabbers.

#10 King_Kenny, Jan 15, 2020
    FranniesTache likes this.
  11. Sheffsteel

Sheffsteel Registered User

Supports:
    Sheffield United
    I think the club were worried that we’d get very close to selling every seat before a ball is kicked....29,000 season tickets.

Then come match day.....people see empty seats where season tickets holders have failed to attend (this happens at several PL clubs Arsenal, Man City, West Ham, Southampton etc). Then excited SU fans ask why they can’t attend a single game when there are clearly empty seats in the stadium.

As I say it’s all been a learning curve how to keep your fanbase happy....when for some matches demand will massively outstrip supply. The weird thing is that there is usually 1000 empty seats in our stadium for most matches but a casual fan still can’t rock up at our ticket office and buy a ticket. So there’s no chance of a football tourist or PL football fan coming to Bramall Lane.

12. Kirby

Kirby Wilf, Andros, Meyer Your defence is terrified

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    Not sure of the exact number but it's somewhere between 18-20,000. Our capacity is 26,500, so if the away team sells out that doesn't leave too many for the daytrippers.

13. StretfordEnd

StretfordEnd Fools can be kings.
    Staff Member

Supports:
    20 Times Champions
    I appreciate the sentiment but United have 53,000 ST holders.

United to freeze season ticket prices

14. CPFC2010

CPFC2010 Registered User

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    The fact we offer direct debit monthly payments with 0% interest and we can sell games we can’t make on twickets is the reason why our numbers so high I reckon. I know the monthly payment is why I’m a season ticket holder. For once a club is actually helping out it’s supporters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnnyT likes this.
  15. miss_lfc

miss_lfc Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Will you honestly give it up? It’s not a decision you’ll be able to reverse. I gave mine up to have the kids and I’d have no chance of getting it back with a waitlist so long. I can’t even get a ticket for the game Sunday and I’ve tried everything.

16. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    You also have 23000 (is it?) more seats than us ;) so you'll only have a couple of thousand or so less tickets for non ST holders.

I'd hope if we extended Anfield to the mid 70,000's we'd have 40000+ STs, it would be a disgrace if not.

17. DeadlyDemon

DeadlyDemon ENIC out!

Supports:
    Tottenham
    Think we have about 40,000-43,000 if I remember correctly.

Easy to sit on a waiting list tbh, Spurs were offering members in the tens of thousands on the waiting list to take one at Wembley. Just because you're on the list doesn't mean you'll take one when offered.

18. StretfordEnd

StretfordEnd Fools can be kings.
    Staff Member

Supports:
    20 Times Champions
    20,000 I think, Old Trafford's capacity is only 74,000ish after they extended the disabled section.

King_Kenny likes this.
  19. Redpelt

Redpelt Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Liverpool have provided further detail on their proposed season ticket amnesty – and insist supporters will NOT need photographic ID cards to gain access to Anfield.

And the club are keen to stress they have no intention of taking season tickets from current holders, even if the name on the ticket is a fan who has died.

Anfield has more than 26,000 season ticket holders yet many of those are used by supporters whose name is not on the ticket, with fans tending to pass them down through families rather than risk losing them to the season ticket waiting list.

As a consequence, the club estimate that more than 400 season ticket holders are in the names of people who are deceased.

That is a situation Liverpool now want to address as they aim to gain greater knowledge of who is attending Anfield on a regular basis.

“The current estimate is that 412 season tickets are in the names of individuals who are deceased,” said Phil Dutton, head of ticketing and hospitality.
    In those situations, the supporter in possession of the season ticket will need proof that they have been using it and will also need to provide a death certificate.

“What I must stress is that there is nothing in any of this for supporters to worry about. We are not looking to take season tickets off supporters, we just want to know who is using it, but in order for this process to achieve that objective supporters will only be able to renew their season tickets for the 2019-20 season when they have completed the process.”

The sensitive issue was one of several discussed during the club's latest ticket availability forum, where greater detail was provided on the proposed season ticket amnesty.

Fans will be able to download an app to their mobile devices – which is expected to be available in August – to verify their identity, the evidence of which will then be removed.

Explaining the planned process, Mr Dutton added: “One of the ideas that was discussed was the possibility of the amnesty leading to the introduction of identification cards but having taken on board your feelings on the matter we will no longer be storing supporter pictures as part of this initial process and we will be looking to discuss with this group and the wider supporter base in general before making any final decisions.

“We want to make this process as simple and as user-friendly as possible and for the majority of our supporters – the current estimate is that for up to 75-80% of fans it should take no longer than two to three minutes.

“It will simply be a case of downloading an app to your phone (the app is expected to be available in late August), entering your ticketing username and password to log in and confirming your personal details, name, address etc.

“For those supporters who, for whatever reason, cannot complete the process in this way we will be putting an appointment system in place which will allow them to come to the stadium or to our location in the city centre in person either through the week or on matchdays.”
    Of supporters who share a season ticket, Mr Dutton explained: “We will need a lead name on the season ticket but we get that people share season tickets.

“In the short term, there will be no issue with this happening; in the long term, it is up to us to put a process in place that facilitates this practice.”

Liverpool Echo

See this is what galls me ,I cant transfer my ticket over to my lad as the club retain the right to distribute it to the next name on the list. However if I was deceased and it naturally went to my lad then the club would update it in his name on the provision he provides a death certificate. Maybe its the skeptic in me ,but I dont believe them.

20. njmcfc1894

njmcfc1894 Registered User

Supports:
    manchester city
    54k stadium 3k away fans so remaining 51k is 40k ST and 11 for members , every team has ST holders who miss games and club has tried sort this issue out, you can sell ticket back to club and if it sells then price you get comes off next season, think its maximum of 3 games, waiting list not sure but you pay £100 holding fee and when you get offered it the 100 comes of your season ticket.