1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sinking in!

Discussion in 'Huddersfield Town' started by Blind Bigot, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Blind Bigot

Blind Bigot Blind & Totally Bigotted

Supports:
    The Mighty Terriers.
    Am I the only Town fan that feels promotion to the Premier League hasn't really sunk in properly yet?

I know we're there obviously but until we actually play one of the really big clubs (sorry Palace, Newcastle, Southampton, Burnley etc.) I don't expect the enormity of last season's achievement will fully register with me.

By the time we play the first 'big one', Spurs at home on 30th September, we could of course be propping the entire league, which would make a total nonsense of my above statement, however I'm just going by club status at the moment.

Most people I speak to about our opening matches (Leeds Utd fans included) seem to think we can make a decent start but I just can't judge it at the moment. Certainly West Ham away is one where I feel it could be very difficult...

I guess we'll just have to wait and see!...:bananadance

Adam likes this.
  2. Ooh-to-be-a...

Ooh-to-be-a... Registered User

Supports:
    Huddersfield town
    When you look at the fixtures as you say we don't play any of the 'big boys' till Spurs at the end of September and if we are to survive you would think we'd have to accumulate a fair amount of points before that but the problem is even against those teams that you think are easier games they have premier league experience, been there done it, We've a team (and manager) that haven't so I'm with you, no idea what's going to happen, the thing is not to get too despondent if things do go tits up and we do go down as we'll be in a damn good position to have another crack at getting back up.

3. terrier4eva

terrier4eva has potential...

Supports:
    Huddersfield Town
    Wont sink in until we are in MOTD for the first time.

4. Blind Bigot

Supports:
    The Mighty Terriers.
    Having got both my match ticket and train tickets sorted and with the game just three days away I'm now starting to feel that special tingle of excitement. To be honest I would have probably felt this way whether we'd have been promoted or not because the first match of any season is always full of expectation and promise, mixed with a fair degree of anxiousness. It's great though and such a brilliant feeling to realise we've actually clawed our way back, bit by bit, from near extinction to this!!!!! Wonderful. No matter what happens from now on I'll never for get this - EVER! :salute:

Adam likes this.
  5. Scott_AFCB

Scott_AFCB Rule Brittania

Supports:
    AFC Bournemouth
    It will sink in just before kick off to the first game. The PL music etc. will make you realise where you are. MOTD certainly helps too. Hopefully you guys have more of an interesting first game than we did, losing 1-0 at home to bloody Villa (their only away win all season)

6. Ooh-to-be-a...

Supports:
    Huddersfield town
    I watched Town in the top flight last time we were there (yeah old bugger I know) and I've always said it would be nice to see us there again before I pop my clogs, I just hope this isn't fate telling me something :cry:
    It certainly seemed a long way off when we dropped out of the top two divisions for the first time in our history with away days to Darlington, Workington, Aldershot etc (no disrespect intended) but I wouldn't have missed it for the world some great memories on those trips.

Blind Bigot likes this.
  7. Phil K

Phil K Registered User

Supports:
    Newcastle
    Absolutely delighted at a magnificent return to the Prem lads - hope we can do similar v Spuds.
    Pompous cockney gits have nose rubbed in it by Hudds.
    WELL DONE LADS ! :cheers::dance:

Blind Bigot likes this.
  8. dave_htfc

dave_htfc Registered User

Supports:
    hudds
    cheers, i would not be too happy just yet, we got next sunday.

9. Blind Bigot

Supports:
    The Mighty Terriers.
    It's sunk in! The mixture of atmosphere we created with the desire and organisation of our players completely convinced me...We're back!!!!!!:banana:

10. Kirby

Kirby BABY MAMA

Supports:
    Crystal Palace
    Get that chip off your shoulder (and learn the definition of cockney) you freak.

Well done Huddersfield. Fully deserved today :)

PS - make the most of this graciousness while you can. The majority of fans on this forum will make excuses even if you beat them 0-9. You have been warned.

11. Blind Bigot

Supports:
    The Mighty Terriers.
    I know a convincing win against Crystal Palace doesn't mean we've suddenly become world beaters but I must admit looking at the next five matches I'm starting to think we could end up with a decent points haul by the time we play Spurs in late September. I do realise there's no such thing as an easy game in the Premier League, so am I just letting wild dreams cloud my head? Or is this a possibility?:hmmm

12. Ooh-to-be-a...

Supports:
    Huddersfield town
    Woke up really nervous Saturday morning not knowing what our step into the unknown would bring but I should have known Herr Wagner would've had it all in hand.
    Yes there will be much tougher challenges ahead but even the most pessimistic amongst us must have been given hope of surviving with that display.

13. whitelion

whitelion Registered User

Supports:
    Brighton
    I'm confident when I predict that we'll finish above you.

14. Ooh-to-be-a...

Supports:
    Huddersfield town
    I seem to remember you also predicted after our good start last season we'd be nowhere near the playoffs come May

15. whitelion

Supports:
    Brighton
    That is also true. You started well went through a poor period and ended up in the play offs with a negative GD - not sure that's been done b4. Well done you guys you're not that pet that needs encouragement constantly. But I think you crave it - former northern "giants" made good and back in the big time.

Btw I think Newcastle will stuff you today.

16. Ooh-to-be-a...

Supports:
    Huddersfield town
    Not exactly Mystic Meg are you? ;)

17. whitelion

Supports:
    Brighton
    Obvious not and fair play to you boys.