1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest - we need your help! Please read the thread linked below to help make FF a better place for all. Click here to learn how you can help
    Dismiss Notice

Sir Bobby Robson

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Geordie_Wilky, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Geordie_Wilky

Geordie_Wilky THE Geordie

Supports:
    Newcastle United
    Perhaps without outside influences we can have our own respectful thread to the great man.

One of the best things about Bobby is his own Bobbyisms, a great outlook on life, lighthearted and some cracking quotes:

:laugh:

NUFC will have to honour him in some way. I don't think a naming of a stand or statue is appropriate for NUFC, as it was for Ipswich, but certainly he should be amongst the legends who are currently having suites names after them at SJP.

The city has made him a freeman and his battles with cancer up here would make a nice touch if the Freeman hospital named its cancer ward after him.

His legacy will not just be the football but also his charity work. The Bobby Robson foundation will be a north east institution for years to come.

http://www.justgiving.com/thesirbobbyrobsonfoundation

2. Billwill

Billwill Restoration

Supports:
    Newcastle United
    He's a man who we look at and be proud that he's one of us. But as you say he's not just a great humanitarian, but an absolute character as well, and is so naturally funny that he could entertain us for the whole night.

Sir Bobby might battle on for some time yet though. I just want him to get some decent good news that his efforts are making a differance.

3. Wingman

Wingman New Member

Supports:
    Newcastle United
    where is "sir bobby robson way" located at?
    i might visit it

4. Billwill

Billwill Restoration

Supports:
    Newcastle United
  5. VivaNedFlanders

VivaNedFlanders Keeping The Faith, Always

Supports:
    Newcastle
    It's very sad, some of his shithouse former players, You can guess the ones I mean, could do with taking a leaf out of this mans book.

6. rocket the frog

rocket the frog New Member

Supports:
    manchester united
    the mans a legend . . . . a proper gentleman and ambassador of the game :thumb