1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SoccerManager Draft World Sign-Up

Discussion in 'Football Draft Forum' started by David, Jan 19, 2019.

1. David

David Registered User

Supports:
    Chelsea
    [​IMG]
    SOCCER MANAGER WORLDS

Here is the link to the website: Soccer Manager 2018

Soccer Manager Multiplayer
    "is where tense, turn-based contests pit manager against manager."

"Compete against your mates to settle old scores, or take on the best managers in the world. This is your chance to go head to head and test your skills in a unique multiplayer game."

Basically it's a simple version of football manager to play online with friends. It doesn't take up much of your time (only 2 games per week usually). IT IS FREE TO PLAY.

You'll be able to play it on your phone/laptop/PC/tablet.

Here is the wiki with all the teams/players/tactics/database: SoccerWiki.org

Player ratings will change as with REAL LIFE performances.

E.g Virgil Van Dijk went from 91 rated to 93 rate in the January update.

How would this draft work?

Each interested manager would choose players from the SoccerManager database above. Their overall ranking and value are included in the database. Each manager will select a total of 24 players (two must be keepers) and they cannot go over a budget of 300M (the default high in SoccerManager).

After the 24 round draft, I will set-up the gameworld and each manager will sign their 24 players to their squad. Once squads are complete, managers can set their tactics and their teams will be simulated against each other over the course of a season. I am looking for a minimum of 8 interested teams in order to set up the game world.

Below are some rules that we are applying to this gameworld to keep things interesting over the course of multiple seasons.

1) Each manager will select the real-life club they want to use as part of this game during the second round when you select your second player. Any club in any league around the world can be selected. A helpful hint to new gamers is the bigger the capacity of the venue, the higher revenues your club will bring in. In order to keep things competitive, we are limiting clubs to choose from to stadiums that have a capacity of 50,000 or less.

2) The economy will be set as "high". This will allow clubs to bring in decent revenues each year so no one goes into administration, but things remain competitive.

3) You can only make a deal with a club 3 times a season. So if I wanted to draft multiple Chelsea players and tried to sign Hazard, Azpilicueta, Rudiger, and Kante, the game would only allow me to sign the first 3. This means when drafting, you cannot select more than 3 players from one real-life club.

4) Unlike other versions of this game, you can only sign a total of 30 players. Generally in other gameworlds, clubs purchase youngsters across the world and with no limits, teams could technically have hundreds of players. A limit will keep things competitive over time and emphasize the draft.

5) After the first season, we could have ongoing windows like there is in any other game world, where you can buy and sell at will, or we could do an “annual” draft at the end of each season, where clubs get to draft 3 players not owned by one of the teams. If you draft and sign a player, you’d have to then sell one from your squad to stay under limits.

Once we have a list of interested players, I will set things up and get a tracker of players and values so no one goes over their limit.

Let me know if you have any questions or would like to suggest any changes to make this gameworld the best we've had at FF!

Interested players

1) David
    2) Berbasloth
    3) Joga
    4) Andy-gers
    5) Tony Adams
    6) Poet Gooner
    7) King Kenny
    8) DonnyOsmond
    9) scunnymadandy
    10) Ollie
    11) prolifik
    12) The Doc
    13) adzSAFC
    14) reddevil19

#1 David, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  2. Berbasloth9

Berbasloth9 Registered User

Supports:
    Man united
    in

David likes this.
  3. Joga bonito

Joga bonito "play beautifully"
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Liverpool, Bristol City
    /IN

David likes this.
  4. Andy-gers1

Andy-gers1 Mike <3 Shane
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Rangers
    Why not?

David likes this.
  5. Tony Adams

Tony Adams Mr Arsenal

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Oh, cool, i thought it was FM.

IN!

David likes this.
  6. Poet Gooner

Poet Gooner Whomever I draft will be underrated

Supports:
    Arsenal
    Sure why not.

David likes this.
  7. Andy-gers1

Andy-gers1 Mike <3 Shane
    Staff Member

Supports:
    Rangers
  8. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    In

David likes this.
  9. DonnyOsmond

DonnyOsmond I. R. BABOON

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers
  10. DonnyOsmond

DonnyOsmond I. R. BABOON

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers
    That's me in btw x

David likes this.
  11. mohamed but not salah

mohamed but not salah here for drafts

Supports:
    Manchester United
  12. scunnymadandy

scunnymadandy Alfreton 14-0 Sheff Wed

Supports:
    Scunthorpe United
    I’ll give it a go

David likes this.
  13. AlissonWonderland

AlissonWonderland Slumdog Mignolet

Supports:
    Liverpool
  14. Ollie

Ollie Registered User

Supports:
    LFC
    in

David and Andy-gers1 like this.
  15. AlissonWonderland

AlissonWonderland Slumdog Mignolet

Supports:
    Liverpool
    How do i see transfer costs on that link?

16. prolifik

prolifik Daniel James >>>

Supports:
    Manchester United
    In

David likes this.
  17. Ollie

Ollie Registered User

Supports:
    LFC
    Yeah I'd have it so after the season starts you're locked into the same players throughout your season, and a draft for any new players at the end of the season, worst team picks 1st etc.

I'll go along with whatever but personally I'd make it so we don't buy or trade for anyone outside of drafts. If you want rid of someone then make them available for the draft or replace them (sell them to the game & draft someone else). I probably enjoy wheeling & dealing more than anyone but if we keep this heavily draft orientated beyond the initial draft it might keep it competitive & unique to the other 2 FF Game Worlds. That could always be changed at a later date if it's shit.
    I take it we're gonna have to sell all the undrafted players we have left at the club? Also I'm not 100% sure but don't think you get bids for transfer listed players til turn 1, in that case we'd all have over 30 at the start, would these players be unplayable?
    Dunno but it might be best if you signed up to one of the other SM games on FF & look via the player search so you're not at a disadvantage. This would be a good one to join as we've only had 1 season... SOCCER MANAGER WORLDS - Road To Glory

David likes this.
  18. The Doc

The Doc Registered User

Supports:
    Manchester United
    In

David likes this.
  19. David

David Registered User

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Yeah the end of season redraft would be ideal to keep things interesting but not to the point there’s drastic turnover each year.

You can set the gameworld so there are no players on your squad at the begging. That’s how this one would be. So if I picked a club like Palace, none of their players would actually start on my team. Each club would have a blank slate and their transfer budget. If I then wanted Zaha, I’d actually have to draft him.

I could set a window so we can only buy/sell in the game during the “offseason”, but not sure if that would give everyone enough time to sign their drafted players. It might be best to just keep the window open, but we all just agree to hold onto all our players until the off season. We could then reassess going forward after a season or two to see what works best

Berbasloth9 and Ollie like this.
  20. Ollie

Ollie Registered User

Supports:
    LFC
    Nice one, that's ideal. Any other settings worth changing?