1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SoccerManager Draft

Discussion in 'Football Draft Forum' started by David, Jan 21, 2019.

1. MacTireSports

MacTireSports Registered User

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Played Soccer Manager years ago, logged back in about a week ago, any spaces in the league? How do I find it?

2. David

David Registered User

Supports:
    Chelsea
    Yes lots of spaces. You can find the league by searching the Gameworld ID 398816 and apply for the club you want. Once you do that, I’ll accept your application and you’ll be in. Our league is setup as a draft league. We haven’t had anyone new come in to replace one of the old teams, but the rule is you need a maximum of 24 players on your squad. All squads have players because the computer sold all the players that didn’t play on those clubs in real life and replaced them with the real ones. Since you’d be taking over a team and we just finished our draft, I would say that you should be allowed to sign any 24 players you want and get rid of whoever you don’t want to cap yourself at the 24 player limit. Just post who you would sign in here so we’d know.

After that you can set your tactics and see how you do. After the season ends, we do a draft where all clubs drop 3 players and draft 3 based on reverse order of how we finish. Let me know if you have any questions. I’ll be out of pocket mostly all day until probably 10pm UK time

3. Tony_Adams

Tony_Adams Mr Arsenal

Supports:
    Arsenal
  4. prolifik

prolifik Daniel James >>>

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Great start to the season so far, apart from that random loss to Ajax in the Shield. Three wins from three, no goals conceded.

5. Ollie

Ollie Registered User

Supports:
    LFC
    Lost to Hanover, had the better of the game but doesn't matter when you don't score. Ronaldo somehow got MOTM despite not scoring or assisting & us losing lol.

6. prolifik

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Virgil van Dijk now has as many goals in three games as that **** Griezmann got me all of last season.

7. David

David Registered User

Supports:
    Chelsea
    I noticed Messi now has as many goals for you in three games than he did his entire first season at Tokyo

8. prolifik

Supports:
    Manchester United
    Yeah this game is pretty weird.

9. The only Greek here

The only Greek here Registered User

Supports:
    AEK Athens
    You could join Road to Glory, I think the concept is more interesting there.

10. DonnyOsmond

DonnyOsmond I. R. BABOON

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers
    I think its fair to say certain players are better in certain systems. Yours might get more out of Messi than Tokyo's did.

11. prolifik

Supports:
    Manchester United
    This Shield is ****ing pointless. You can't control your own lineups and have to rely on the coke-fueled tactics the AI decides on. Three games in, one point, and no goals for the current league leaders, ridiculous.

Ollie likes this.
  12. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    :laugh: tell me about it...did you see what the ****er did to me in the Final in the other game...played 6 of my players out of position and a piss poor Arsenal full of 88 and 89 rated players destroyed a side full of the likes of 95 rated Modric

13. Ollie

Ollie Registered User

Supports:
    LFC
    :laugh:

I have 2 wins & a draw in the Champiosn Cup so far. But hey at least you don't Varane out for a month!

#1393 Ollie, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  14. Ollie

Ollie Registered User

Supports:
    LFC
    Lost as I didn't rotate my team, the bye in the cup actually screwed me... I usually put a reminder on my phone after I go through in the cup after last season's travesties in this gameworld but there was no game to let me know. I actually cuaght it in the other cup whichg I also got a bye in lol but the 2nd one got me. Was bloody winning til the 71st minute with an absolute bag of shite team as well & ended up losing. :laugh:

15. prolifik

Supports:
    Manchester United
    It really is absurd to see Messi having such a mediocre goalscoring rate in this game. Six goals in 22 games in all competitions, coming on the heels of three in 20 the previous season. And this despite having consistently high performance ratings (much like Griezmann did). Never mind all this talk about using the right formation, instructions, etc. - there is no tactical factor strong enough to explain these shitty goal returns for players with such high ratings.

16. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Won the Shield against Ollie and then next game drew 2-2 with shitty Tokyo who had a point before the game :laugh: I did play Hoever and Harry Wilson to rest my tiring and injured squad, but this is a Tokyo side whose entire squad value is just £20m

look at the stats :laugh:

Screenshot_2019-11-14 Soccer Manager Worlds.png

#1396 King_Kenny, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  17. Ollie

Ollie Registered User

Supports:
    LFC
    Gonna purposely go out the cups 1st round next season in this game world! :laugh: I didn't know it was the cup final midweek (which I lost anyway, congrats Brian) so had to play my B team today, doh. Frustrating as Olympiacos lost, so that's me only 6 points off the top with potentially 6 points dropped due to the bastard cups this season. I think I lost like 7 points due to it last season too which cost me the title. So having a right mare in this particular gameworld... I had my reminders on point for the other game worlds, but the fact there's 2 cups & that I had a bye in both so never added reminders after I knew my fixtures after winning cup games, has played havoc.

Only positive is that it f#cked me so badly last season I not only started using them for this, but I even started using phone reminders for everything away from this game as well which has been very useful, & made me a lot more organized & on top of things. :D Just evidently not in this game world...

#1397 Ollie, Nov 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  18. King_Kenny

King_Kenny .banned

Supports:
    Liverpool
    Yeah forgot about the cup match myself and my squad ended up knackered as I already had a couple of injuries to star players...ended up throw Hoever and Harry Wilson in as the Tokyo team I was playing is garbage....cost me the three points :(

19. prolifik

Supports:
    Manchester United
    It is nice not having to worry about rotation for cup matches.

When is the next rating upgrade?

20. DonnyOsmond

DonnyOsmond I. R. BABOON

Supports:
    Doncaster Rovers
    There's one every day? Do you mean the big European leagues? They're in December.